Get rid of my realm points

Strider

Fledgling Freddie
I was going through the usual grind or leveling my warrior. At lvl 23 I went into DF and ended up in a group of 3 characters. I ended up down by the Lillispawn with one of my compatriots. The other was up at the entrance having his tea. Suddenly I get a message that I have been awarded 851 realm points! It turns out the our friend had killed and Alb. and in a stroke I was awarded more realm points on one fight (that I was not part of) than I had seen a whole day of BG3. My compatriots were delighted (both > level 24). I was less so as I wanted to try my warrior out in BG1.

Having heard that GOA can recover deleted characters i thought I would see if they would remove my realm points so I raised a request with them.

GOA:

Unfortunately we can not do such a thing.

If you did not want to make some realm points you should not go to DF.

This now means I am left having to wait to get my warrior up to level 34/35 before I can try him out in BG3.

If they can get back deleted characters and I have heard they can give you items lost in roll-backs why can't they remove my realm points.

As for their second point about not going into DF if you don't want realm points they were the first realm points I have ever got in DF. Up until that point I have only been killed by the enemy realms. Usually very quickly.

Still sulking :(

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
well, this seems the total opposite of "dont goto DF if u wanna be ganked" now its "dont goto DF if u wanna get RP" :eek7:

Cavex ElSaviour

Fledgling Freddie
851 realm points is an afwull lot for a lvl 23 char. i cant even remember getting that much on a lvl 40 char. besides that, getting 851 realmpoints while you are grouped with 2 others is afaik impossible. I think 400-500 is max you can get for one kill while you are with 3.

So what i wanted to say is: maybe you can bring it as a bug so goa may be able to restore it then?

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Cavex ElSaviour said:
851 realm points is an afwull lot for a lvl 23 char. i cant even remember getting that much on a lvl 40 char. besides that, getting 851 realmpoints while you are grouped with 2 others is afaik impossible. I think 400-500 is max you can get for one kill while you are with 3.

So what i wanted to say is: maybe you can bring it as a bug so goa may be able to restore it then?
the ammount of rp you get from a fight is related to your level

for example if you kill a level 50 and you are level 20 you get something like 1.5k rps because of the difference in level.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Realm lvl 1L2 ? Porting bg's only check realm lvls, So at least you can have 1 run anyway ;)

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
umm arnt realm points gain capped bellow lev 35, remember going rvr as 24 bard on hib/excal with bunch lev 50s and most i got per kill was 10 ish?

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
Jacilja said:
umm arnt realm points gain capped bellow lev 35, remember going rvr as 24 bard on hib/excal with bunch lev 50s and most i got per kill was 10 ish?

not at all but if you are grouping with 50's you'll get a smaller share, if you group with even lvl ppl you wont get a penalty

Marath

Fledgling Freddie
Its level related.
Solo lvl 34 rm killed a lvl 50 cleric and got 2000+ rp ... or my sb killed him at 10% hp when he got to melee the rm ... and even I got 100 rps :)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
QQ if you go to a RvR dungeon you can expect to get gan- errr rps QQ

:rolleyes: :p

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
QQ if you go to a RvR dungeon you can expect to get gan- errr rps QQ

:rolleyes: :p

Not everyone has a level 50 on their account and are able to /level 20 and then pl to 24 with their necro and bb you know. It may be a big deal for him not getting into BG1..

/shrug

About GOA not being able to reset RP's, dunno about that one.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
I think GOA is right not to reset the rps. It would set a dangerous precendent for them. Every person who makes a BG alt would want them reset to 0 again, once they cap out. Would be a nightmare for them.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
I think GOA is right not to reset the rps. It would set a dangerous precendent for them. Every person who makes a BG alt would want them reset to 0 again, once they cap out. Would be a nightmare for them.

Yeah good point.

Strider

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys and gals,

Thanks for you posts you have cheered me up for some reason.

Just a few final comment on my part:

I still don't think I am unreasonable in asking for my realm points to be removed. I have seen GOA talk about restoring deleted characters which I would have thought was a no no. In addition it was a freak accident – one level 26 SM solos an Alb in DF and each member of the group (of 3) ends up with 851 realm points! – it is not as tho I was grouped with a level 50.

hehe... fun story

Probably sums it up. Any way I will be more careful next time.

I am trying one last plead with GOA to remove my realm points but it will stop there – then I am going to take my big fat troll out and HIT THINGS!!!

Thanks again to all. :cheers:

fruitcake

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry for the inconvenience m8 :) but I think that was me that did the killing :(
I came across I fight between the alb and the mid on my way down to mid x roads.
Both of the pair were very low on hp when I found them(must have been no more than 2%) And not wanting to leach rp's and not having been asked to help I watched them fight.
Well as it turned out the mid lost the fight so I was left with a lvl 50 rr3 mercenary to kill(celtsplat)

As it turned out my nuke hit and he went down in the one hit.

Sorry for the trouble m8.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
pffff when i killed that panicked 50 sb with my 34 reaver in df i only got 46 rps :mad:

transfer these rps to me and everyone is happy ^^

Blain

Fledgling Freddie
Same happened to me, lvling a savage for BG1, to hibs came along and made me farm them (they forced me, honest), before i knew it....ding 1L8, 3701 for 2 lvl 50 hibs.

Thrildif

Fledgling Freddie
I always thought that you could only gain enough RP's to ding 1 realm rank per kill? Not sure where I heard it though.

Nice story anyway :)

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Thrildif said:
I always thought that you could only gain enough RP's to ding 1 realm rank per kill? Not sure where I heard it though.

Nice story anyway :)
fixed in 1.64/65

Strider

Fledgling Freddie
fruitcake said:
Sorry for the inconvenience m8 :) but I think that was me that did the killing :(
I came across I fight between the alb and the mid on my way down to mid x roads.
Both of the pair were very low on hp when I found them(must have been no more than 2%) And not wanting to leach rp's and not having been asked to help I watched them fight.
Well as it turned out the mid lost the fight so I was left with a lvl 50 rr3 mercenary to kill(celtsplat)

As it turned out my nuke hit and he went down in the one hit.

Sorry for the trouble m8.

np :)

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
This happened to me once too. Was with a group of low 20's in DF when we came across an Alb - I think he'd just logged in. We ganked him and picked up just under 400 RPs each. I was fairly happy as I'm not a big fan of Thid but a couple of the group were mostly levelling just for Thid and they weren't too amused.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Baduska said:
not at all but if you are grouping with 50's you'll get a smaller share, if you group with even lvl ppl you wont get a penalty

RP's appear to be capped, in the old days a lowbie could hit and kill a lvl50 (Eventually and would get massive points) my latest BB is lvl40 and now not such a realm level and she is getting better RP's. She was getting capped RP's when she was 1L3 for example as she goes up the RP scale she is gradually getting more rp's shes 2.5 now and getting near full rp's.

So it may be some RP/lvl cap or the like.

fang

Fledgling Freddie
Think they can't do it since every time a message like: "your character has just been saved" ticks on ur screen it saves over the older files so there would only be 1 file for each char.

This is just me speculating though.

bebopbo

Fledgling Freddie
good call by GoA imo, If anyone doesn't want to earn a single RP for whatever reason then dont go in RvR zones where theres a slight chance of gaining RP's :(

It's a lil bit like "gray" ganking tbh, if you dont wanna be gray ganked, steer clear of RvR zones :D

As for BG3, It's very quiet compared to BG1 unfortuantely, i guess people after BG1 are going straight to 50 as they've had a lil taste of that char for RvR, or most are in a good xp grp (which are pretty rare tbh!) so when they ding 35 they stay there as the xp is good thus taking them past the BG3 limit :(

Anywayz g/l on second attempt getting ya RP's deleted :)

P.S ..When you ding RR10 maybe try asking GoA again, you never know \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom