Football Gerrard

Gray

FH is my second home
So Stevie G doesnt seem like such an angel as he makes out. A good while ago he was involved in a "bar fight" in which the DJ ended up getting beat up.

At the time a lot of people thought Gerrard was provoked, and a lot of Liverpool fans where naysayers.

However CCTV footage has been released, and it details the events leading upto the fight - and looking at it, first Gerrard's mate elbows the guy (REAL brave) and then Gerrard sticks it to him while he is reeling.

BBC NEWS | England | Merseyside | CCTV of Gerrard 'brawl' released

I know i have been slightly biased to the whole thing since i heard about it, but that is thuglike if ever i saw it - Just like Joey Barton.

But will he get away with it? Somehow i dont think justice would be served... Slap on the wrist i bet.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
He's going to get done after that video tbh how can they not. He's denied affray as well hahah I bet he was hoping the cameras had not caught him out. Real tough guy laying into someone after they down as well.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm trying to care, but failing miserably. Sorry Gray.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
rofl @ him saying to the bar bloke, "who the fuck do you think you are", well Steven, hes the bloke that works in the bar you are in, he's in charge of the music............ fkin scouse prick

Aada

Part of the furniture
Nothing will happen to him. He won't do jail time thats for sure and anything else will be pittance to him.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
he'll probably be let off by the judge because a criminal record may affect his career and at worst get a 50 pound fine and do community service playing football with some local kids.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Alonso to Madrid
Mascherano to Barcelona
Gerrard to Walton

Calaen

FA need to step in because the courts will do fuck all. How it got dropped from assault to affray is an absolute joke. The fact that the prick is denying the charge in the first instance says he's either a massive cock, or he actually believed that the pub did not have a good enough cctv system.

Nice that everyone can see what he was actually like, punching a guy when he's already down.

So I wonder if he is going to change his plea, I also wonder what Liverpools stance will be on this having said they backed their player because he was innocent!!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Sounds like he was a total cock. He should get jail.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
he'll probably be let off by the judge because a criminal record may affect his career
it would affect my career too :/

The fact that the prick is denying the charge in the first instance says he's either a massive cock, or he actually believed that the pub did not have a good enough cctv system.
nice. I did not hit that man, I was off balance and he fell against my fist.

Sounds like he was a total cock. He should get jail.
agreed. one justice for all imo.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep, he'll get a slap on the wrist if (and it's a big if with Liverpool's 25% conviction rate) he gets convicted. He'll get community service ('cause it was a bar brawl, nothing more) - and since he already works with kids as part of his duty to the club he'll just notch those hours down on his "timesheet" and never care.

Regardless of that - how many times have you seen CCTV footage released on the news whilst the case is ongoing? Or even when it's finished?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Could go the other way tho if they want to set an example, give him a hasrer sentence than normal just as a detterent to people who might look at it and think if its ok for gerrard to do it ,its ok for me . All depends on jury and judge i guess.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
To be honest, drop him from the England squad. Look at the sfa for a good example of what to do when players act out. Ferguson dropped by Scotland and then dropped and sold by Rangers for swearing at the press. I realise this will not happen, would be nice if Capello came out and said it was a disgrace and that he will not pick him though.

Calaen

Agree ch3t that would be punishment enough, for me, take away what he thinks he should be guaranteed.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Could go the other way tho if they want to set an example, give him a hasrer sentence than normal just as a detterent to people who might look at it and think if its ok for gerrard to do it ,its ok for me . All depends on jury and judge i guess.

Famous people aren't the same to the law though, especially footballers, look at Woodgate and Bowyer who got away scott free for kicking a man almost to death both of whom had a history of violent rascist assaults. Both of whom continued to make millions and get called up for international duty.
One rule for us, one for them. Just like any footballer caught speeding or drink driving will generally keep their licence because magistrates wet themselves with joy whenever any famous comes in front of them.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Yep, he'll get a slap on the wrist if (and it's a big if with Liverpool's 25% conviction rate) he gets convicted. He'll get community service ('cause it was a bar brawl, nothing more) - and since he already works with kids as part of his duty to the club he'll just notch those hours down on his "timesheet" and never care.

Regardless of that - how many times have you seen CCTV footage released on the news whilst the case is ongoing? Or even when it's finished?

If it's entered as evidence it's immediately public domain.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Always like it when someone lets their ego inflate a bit too much.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If it's entered as evidence it's immediately public domain.

Righteous indignation much there Chilly? You know that doesn't come anywhere near an answer to the question I asked :p

rynnor

Rockhound
What a travesty - I think prosecution should push for a mis-trial since the jury were not impartial - tough to get an impartial jury in Liverpool for the Liverpool FC captain.

How that could ever be self defense just staggers me :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Who cares, its a slight scuffle over nothing. If he wasn't a footballer it probably wouldn't even have got this far. A police caution and a slap on the wrist. Footballers are human too you know.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
They cant have it both ways tho, footballers expect and demand to be treat better than normal ppl so should expect same when it comes to this sort of stuff. Look at way gerrard started whole thing by expecting to be able to take over the music in the place.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Look at way gerrard started whole thing by expecting to be able to take over the music in the place.

He hardly acted like he expected to take over the music, he asked the manageress if he could pick some songs and she said fine.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
When the DJ said no Gerrard should have accepted it tho like any normal person

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
i love the fact that he got off scott free when all his friends were convicted and he even admitted he held the guy by shirt collar and repeatedly punched him in the head (having previously said he didn't hit him at all and changed his story all the time)

I just hope i'm rich and famous before i get caught breaking the law!

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
His friends being convicted may have something to do with them pleading guilty don't you think?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
half of them didnt throw punches tho, he DID, its a disgrace no 2 ways about it. No1 saying he should have got massive punishment ect but he should have atleast got a fine or something.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
makes me wonder if we need to change the system somewhat that if someone is famous enough to be known to all the potential jurors then they should have to be tried by a judge. The whole concept of being tried by a group of peers can't really work when preconceptions and potential extreme bias due to media come into play.

rynnor

Rockhound
makes me wonder if we need to change the system somewhat that if someone is famous enough to be known to all the potential jurors then they should have to be tried by a judge. The whole concept of being tried by a group of peers can't really work when preconceptions and potential extreme bias due to media come into play.

Its a joke trial - like an english OJ Simpson trial - obviously far lesser charge but if it had been a murder trial would it have been possible to have an un-biased jury trial?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What a travesty - I think prosecution should push for a mis-trial since the jury were not impartial - tough to get an impartial jury in Liverpool for the Liverpool FC captain.

How that could ever be self defense just staggers me :p

It isn't a travesty - he was charged with Affray. If the charge had been assault the result may have been different. Hitting someone is, alone, not proof enough to be guilty of Affray.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Righteous indignation much there Chilly? You know that doesn't come anywhere near an answer to the question I asked :p

Huh? I was just pointing out that you can walk into the courtroom and see it for yourself regardless of whether the beeb airs it or not. I wasnt posturing or taking the piss, just stating a fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom