George Galloway (MP)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not a fan of politics and certainly wasn't of him. But the way he's giving it to the yanks if sodding hilarious. Man deserves a fricken medal for not taking any shit from anyone.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
the head of the green party right? isnt he the only one in the green party to have a seat in the house of commons? i cant remember exactly if they won a seat or not and i could probably find out in a second but im just too lazy, in fact id have found out by the time ive typed up to here...

anyway he will be intresting in parliament, as the only green party candidate and probably the most libral in the house of commons, he will be opposing alot of stuff :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Darksword said:
the head of the green party right? isnt he the only one in the green party to have a seat in the house of commons? i cant remember exactly if they won a seat or not and i could probably find out in a second but im just too lazy, in fact id have found out by the time ive typed up to here...

anyway he will be intresting in parliament, as the only green party candidate and probably the most libral in the house of commons, he will be opposing alot of stuff :p

respect party :p

and he's great, "do i LOOK like an oil billionaire?" :p

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
He's more labour than "new" labour :m00

actually, i would imagine he's an absolute arsehole if you met him in a pub, but its agreed you can't knock the stand he's taking - he might as well have turned up there offering everyone out :twak: he'd spank Cheneys arse, i'd bet - even if Rumsfeld AND Rice snuck in and triple teamed him!! Hell, it'd be awesome if he did!!! Picture the scene late on:

"OH MY GOOOOOOOODDD!!!! Galloway has just driven that chair right into Mr Cheneys HEART!!! Look!! Condoleeza is up on her feet again!! She's hittin the top rope - Here comes the RICEing Sun!! GALLOWAY IS MEAT!!! I HAVE NEVER, IN MY 347 YEARS OF POLITICAL COMMENTATING Seen ANYTHING like that"

*cue sound of falling cash, and strains of music*

"MEAN GENE, LOOK, ITS Tony "THE TIGER" Bliar, and his partner GOLDEN BROWN!! BROWN Has a chair!! Looks like this is the end for Galloway now - Blair has him held up and Browns about to remove his face with that solid steel chai... OH MY GOD!!! THE DOUBLE CROSS!!! BROWN TOOK OUT BLIAR AND NOW HE'S GOING AFTER "THE WHITEHOUSE KRU"!!! RICE IS BOWLED OUT!!! DONALD SHOULD'VE DUCKED!! CHENEY's A PR!CK!!!!! IT'S all over now folks - Brown helps Galloway to his feet, and they celebrate - the crowds going totally apathetic, and i, for one, cannot WAIT for the rematch at SummerLame '06!"

holy crap i must be bored... :|

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ormorof said:
respect party :p

and he's great, "do i LOOK like an oil billionaire?" :p

lol yeh ment respect party dunno why i thought green party :S, thx :)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4553601.stm]BBC News[/url] said:
George Galloway had vowed to give US senators "both barrels" and after sitting - coiled - through an hour-and-half of testimony against him, he unloaded all his ammunition.

On stage at the heart of American power, he attacked the US-led war on Iraq and accused Washington of installing a "puppet" regime there.

"I have a rather better record of opposition to Saddam Hussein than you do, and than any member of the British or American governments do," he told the committee.

The biggest sanctions busters were American companies "with the connivance" of the US Government, he argued.

Mr Galloway said he had met Saddam Hussein on two occasions - the same number of times as US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.

"The difference is Donald Rumsfeld met him to sell him guns and maps - the better to target those guns. I met him to try to bring about an end to sanctions, suffering and war," he said.

He rubbished committee chairman Norm Coleman's dossier of evidence and stared him in the eye.

"Now I know that standards have slipped over the last few years in Washington, but for a lawyer, you are remarkably cavalier with any idea of justice," the MP declared.

The whole room scanned Mr Coleman's face for a reaction. The senator shifted in his seat - nervously it seemed.

It was Republican Mr Coleman who bore the brunt of the attack in one of the Senate's most flamboyant confrontations.

"Senator, in everything I said about Iraq, I turned out to be right and you turned out to be wrong," he told the chairman, whom he labelled a "neo-con, pro-war hawk".

One observer of Capitol Hill politics declared the result: "Galloway by a knockout - before round five."

Others cast the confrontation as Braveheart on Capitol Hill.

If he comes out clean, I'll be voting for Galloway next election!
Britain should not be represented by pussies like Tony Blair, makes me embarassed to live here :p

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
He was one of the few public figures to mention Islam Karimov at the start of the 'War on Terror'.
He pointed out in a newspaper article that it's ever so slightly hypocritical to give a millions of dollars to a man who boiled an opponent alive in a vat of hot water, so that he'll be an ally in this lovely just war to free people from oppression. You couldn't make it up if you tried.

One of the few other disscenting voices was the British ambassador to Uzbekistan, when he pointed out in a letter back to his bosses in Whitehall that Islam Karimov was a bad man who tortures and murders people, he was quickly 'retired', it would seem the government prefers it's diplomats to be a little more diplomatic.

Nice to see him off to annoy the americans, but he can't hold a candle to Mo Mowlam, there's a politician that would actually make me consider voting.

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
Rediknight said:
He's more labour than "new" labour :m00

actually, i would imagine he's an absolute arsehole if you met him in a pub, but its agreed you can't knock the stand he's taking - he might as well have turned up there offering everyone out :twak: he'd spank Cheneys arse, i'd bet - even if Rumsfeld AND Rice snuck in and triple teamed him!! Hell, it'd be awesome if he did!!! Picture the scene late on:

"OH MY GOOOOOOOODDD!!!! Galloway has just driven that chair right into Mr Cheneys HEART!!! Look!! Condoleeza is up on her feet again!! She's hittin the top rope - Here comes the RICEing Sun!! GALLOWAY IS MEAT!!! I HAVE NEVER, IN MY 347 YEARS OF POLITICAL COMMENTATING Seen ANYTHING like that"

*cue sound of falling cash, and strains of music*

"MEAN GENE, LOOK, ITS Tony "THE TIGER" Bliar, and his partner GOLDEN BROWN!! BROWN Has a chair!! Looks like this is the end for Galloway now - Blair has him held up and Browns about to remove his face with that solid steel chai... OH MY GOD!!! THE DOUBLE CROSS!!! BROWN TOOK OUT BLIAR AND NOW HE'S GOING AFTER "THE WHITEHOUSE KRU"!!! RICE IS BOWLED OUT!!! DONALD SHOULD'VE DUCKED!! CHENEY's A PR!CK!!!!! IT'S all over now folks - Brown helps Galloway to his feet, and they celebrate - the crowds going totally apathetic, and i, for one, cannot WAIT for the rematch at SummerLame '06!"

holy crap i must be bored... :|

LOL! :clap:

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
Are you guys serious?

George Galloway is an opportunistic demagogue.

He lost his seat up in Glasgow because the locals thought he was an arse...

So you know where he decides to go?

A seat in london where most of the voters are Muslims represented by a half-caste woman.

His campaign to THEM was disgusting. Basically she was voted out after the clerics down there asked every one of their respective mosques to vote for George Galloway. Most of those voters didn't have a CLUE what Galloway stood for, they just knew the clerics wanted him in.

And get this right... george Galloway was the MP who travelled to Iraq and gave a stomach-churningly ass-licking speech to Saddam Hussein saying, and I quote, 'we respect you, we honour you'.. this was just AFTER Saddam had gassed thousands of his countrymen in the North..... fact.

Yes, I agree the Americans are twats that are victims of their own policies. Yes, I agree George W. is an idiot who bought and cheated his way to the most powerful job in the world. And yes I agree that Galloway is making those same Americans ask some serious questions about themselves...

But I cannot agree that Galloway is anything other than an arrogant attention-seeking deluded wanna-be anarchist with a chip on his shoulder. He has no intention of doing what is right for his constituency, and his actions have and will create even more racial tension in an area of London that could well do without it.

Well done George! :puke:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Lamont said:
And get this right... george Galloway was the MP who travelled to Iraq and gave a stomach-churningly ass-licking speech to Saddam Hussein saying, and I quote, 'we respect you, we honour you'.. this was just AFTER Saddam had gassed thousands of his countrymen in the North..... fact.

You fell for the spin. The same scene has been played again and again on UK and US news to dicredited him. You have to remember what the context of that meeting was. He went to Bahgdad to try and get Saddam to see reason and let the UN weapon inspectors back in to the sites. You are never going to do that by thumping your fist on the table. Provocation does not work because of the loosing face mentality in this region. So he was polite in the way he asked, a bit naive maybe as he was being used. Unfortunately it was a lost cause as the war had already been given the green light by the Bush Administration. Based on the CIA dossier which in turn was based on bad intel from forces opposed to Saddam.

You mention the gassing of the Kurd villages which mostly occured during and shortly after the 7 year war with Iran. A time when Saddam was financed, supplied and advised by the US and Russia in an attempt to stem the fundamentalists. He was a hero then.

The fact remains that he was one of the few MP's that stood by his principles and spoke out against the war. Despite the much publised interventions of the party whips. Also the reason he was thrown out of labour (deselected).

I for one sulute him for standing by what he believes. I only wish more MP's did it.

edit: I don't support any dictator especially one like Saddam whose actions have hurt his own people. He was a power mad idiot who started to believe his own hype. What I detest further is the hypocracy of what Bush and Blair have done for the past 3 years.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Lamont said:
But I cannot agree that Galloway is anything other than an arrogant attention-seeking deluded wanna-be anarchist with a chip on his shoulder. He has no intention of doing what is right for his constituency, and his actions have and will create even more racial tension in an area of London that could well do without it.

Sounds like a regular politician!
Everything else you've put against Galloway can be applied to any government/party.

The recent campaign to discredit Galloway is just another media 'mind control' operation. The sheep will hate him because he represents extremists(East London) and will continue to vote Labour, because Tony Blair saved them from international terrorism.

What's the deal with the US Witch Hunt? If they want to find corruption and lies, they need look no further than the White House... instead of pointing fingers at British, French, Russian and Middle Eastern officials.

Oh yes, it's about the media sheep again. CNN as their Gospel Truth, they will make the Righteous Vote.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Lamont said:
Are you guys serious?

George Galloway is an opportunistic demagogue.

He lost his seat up in Glasgow because the locals thought he was an arse...

So you know where he decides to go?

A seat in london where most of the voters are Muslims represented by a half-caste woman.

His campaign to THEM was disgusting. Basically she was voted out after the clerics down there asked every one of their respective mosques to vote for George Galloway. Most of those voters didn't have a CLUE what Galloway stood for, they just knew the clerics wanted him in.

Yes, I agree the Americans are twats that are victims of their own policies. Yes, I agree George W. is an idiot who bought and cheated his way to the most powerful job in the world. And yes I agree that Galloway is making those same Americans ask some serious questions about themselves...

Well done George! :puke:
perfect representation of a result of the propaganda machine
its no secret the british media is as any controlled by the powers that be, i havent seen 1 news report as yet of the whole context of the arguments.
I bet you i could copy paste bits of conversations to come out with Blair saying "i am a terrorist" if i tried hard enough

from what i have seen so far the American's have nothing on him, and are looking to turn the media attention away from the xx us troops that died in the rocket attack on one of their patrols

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
I'm not a fan of politics and certainly wasn't of him. But the way he's giving it to the yanks if sodding hilarious. Man deserves a fricken medal for not taking any shit from anyone.

I agree plus I think GG is a cock, but I laffed so hard I almost wet myslef watching him spank the yanks.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Whatever you may think of Old George you cannot deny he is telling the TOTAL truth, not sure if he is guilty of any underhand oil stuff, but as he points out it would be a drop in the ocean compared to the corruption sorrounding the very people who are accusing him.

Did you pick up on the fact that the extensive list of people who recieved money from the food-for-oil programme included THE POPES SECRETARY!!!!!!!!!!!

And there they were ignoring everyone else and dragging up long disproved accusations to indict him.

This is just a clear cut example of big business and politicians scratching each others backs, the best the Senator could do was to try and nail George on some pedantic microscopic point about how he felt about the POSSIBILTIY that a tiny amount of the cash for his charity MAY have come from illegal oil sales.

As for the pack of lies, 100,000 deaths 1 million children dead from sanctions...ALL TOTALLY TRUE!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
this was just AFTER Saddam had gassed thousands of his countrymen in the North..... fact.

you do realise it was sold to him by the british right? :p

thats how they knew (or thought they knew) he had WMD's, they bloody sold them to him!

i think he's an arsehole, but sometimes you need to be an arse to get things done :p

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:

thats how they knew (or thought they knew) he had WMD's, they bloody sold them to him!

i think he's an arsehole, but sometimes you need to be an arse to get things done :p

British what?
British company?
British Government?
British internet site?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Don't get me wrong I'm not saing he's a nice guy, he's a wank stain BUT he's sodding funny when squaring up to the yanks :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i hate polititians, all of em wish they'd all crawl back under the rocks from whenst they came.

saw this bloke plays pc stamp from tv show "the bill" on the paul o'gradey show this afternoon, tbh he should be prime minister that dude rocked.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
i hate polititians, all of em wish they'd all crawl back under the rocks from whenst they came.

saw this bloke plays pc stamp from tv show "the bill" on the paul o'gradey show this afternoon, tbh he should be prime minister that dude rocked.

I don't mean to be rotten to the yanks bu... well, yeah your right, i couldn't care less, but still... but in this country, if a celebrity put themselves up on a political pedestal like that, everyone would go "awww, isn't that sweet!!! now, heres a biscuit and a cheque for £8bajillion, go play on the swings", in America, the day Arnie runs for the White House - and he will - i'm gonna go lay a few quid on him gettin in. America idolise celebrity and take the word to a whole new level - i mean half of every major city has a real bean-dip IQ and believe that Stallone really did go to Nam, or Korea, or wherever Cheney and Rumsfeld want to betray as "evil" this week, and convince Bush to invade, with the backing of the Media-terrorised population.

The few with enough braincells to stand up and ask what in the pissing hell is going on, are shouted down by the louder ones... usually their the ones with the guns too, so... erm... there's probably a point there somewhere, but i rambled and i have no idea where i was going now...

ooh, i got some jaffa cakes in the cupboard i think :clap:

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Rediknight said:
I don't mean to be rotten to the yanks bu... well, yeah your right, i couldn't care less, but still... but in this country, if a celebrity put themselves up on a political pedestal like that, everyone would go "awww, isn't that sweet!!! now, heres a biscuit and a cheque for £8bajillion, go play on the swings", in America, the day Arnie runs for the White House - and he will - i'm gonna go lay a few quid on him gettin in. America idolise celebrity and take the word to a whole new level - i mean half of every major city has a real bean-dip IQ and believe that Stallone really did go to Nam, or Korea, or wherever Cheney and Rumsfeld want to betray as "evil" this week, and convince Bush to invade, with the backing of the Media-terrorised population.

The few with enough braincells to stand up and ask what in the pissing hell is going on, are shouted down by the louder ones... usually their the ones with the guns too, so... erm... there's probably a point there somewhere, but i rambled and i have no idea where i was going now...

ooh, i got some jaffa cakes in the cupboard i think :clap:

Unless they change the constitution then "Arnie" cant be President.
You have to be born in America to be President.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Ormorof said:

Matrix Churchil (excuse sp) was one of the companies involved in selling stuff but that was mainly for the Swiss/German designed Supergun. Many US, UK, German, Swiss and French companies were also selling chemicals for 'agriculture'! Many of the chemicals had dual uses and it was known.

As stated in previous post the reason the West sold arms to Saddam was beacuse he was our hero holding back the Fundamentalist Fanatics. The West was scared of what a combined IRAQ/IRAN (Islamic Super State as it was duped) could mean for the future. The control over a large percentage of the worlds oil reserve was scarey enough. This is also the reason they did not finish the job during Desert Storm I. The thought of a weak Iraq falling to Iran was unthinkable and still is.

Why do you think the world is twitchy about Iran setting up reactors capable of producing enriched plutonium. Because the Islamic fanatics are the only people still crazy enough to use a nuclear device.

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
Why do you think the world is twitchy about Iran setting up reactors capable of producing enriched plutonium. Because the Islamic fanatics are the only people still crazy enough to use a nuclear device.

I think u'll find that now Iran has signed a trade aggrement with europe that they have opened up the nuclear program to inspection.

I would be more concerned about some of the ex-soviet states and their nuclear arsenal.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Adoctor said:
I think u'll find that now Iran has signed a trade aggrement with europe that they have opened up the nuclear program to inspection.

I would be more concerned about some of the ex-soviet states and their nuclear arsenal.

The trade agreement with Europe is on the rocks. Iran are again threatening to go ahead with their enrichment plans. This could be a backlash against the threats from Bush or simply a bargaining chip to get more from the West.

of all the ex-soviet states most of the nuclear weapons were in Ukraine which is now very pro west. A vast majority of the rest are still in Russia and now demobalised. Main problem is not the wepaons but the scientists who made and developed them selling the secrets to anyone that will pay.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
Matrix Churchil (excuse sp) was one of the companies involved in selling stuff but that was mainly for the Swiss/German designed Supergun. Many US, UK, German, Swiss and French companies were also selling chemicals for 'agriculture'! Many of the chemicals had dual uses and it was known.

As stated in previous post the reason the West sold arms to Saddam was beacuse he was our hero holding back the Fundamentalist Fanatics. The West was scared of what a combined IRAQ/IRAN (Islamic Super State as it was duped) could mean for the future. The control over a large percentage of the worlds oil reserve was scarey enough. This is also the reason they did not finish the job during Desert Storm I. The thought of a weak Iraq falling to Iran was unthinkable and still is.

Agree with almost all you have said here except for the infered use of "Agro-chemicals" as a WMD.
While there are several nasty "Agro-chemicals" in existance it would be pointless using them as a WMD. They are quite exspensive and why would you want to use those when you can knock up a plant to make Phosgene or Chlorine gas using simple equipment readily available on the open market.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Adoctor said:

dude, i've seen more convincing, more deadly bombs made on Blue Peter than half the "weaponry" the former soviet lot could cobble together. 99% of the stories that are heard on the news are scaremongering to pander the publics favour, and point of view, into backing the premier of whichever country is "leading" this bonanza (i.e. the US). As long as we are kept in total fear, we'll not question nor argue with "da boss" and he can ride over whatever he likes, waving his hat in the air...

fear = control :m00:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Rookiescot said:
Agree with almost all you have said here except for the infered use of "Agro-chemicals" as a WMD.
While there are several nasty "Agro-chemicals" in existance it would be pointless using them as a WMD. They are quite exspensive and why would you want to use those when you can knock up a plant to make Phosgene or Chlorine gas using simple equipment readily available on the open market.

Didn't mean aggro chemicals more the constituants parts. One the things the UN team looked into was the massive purchases of some base chemicals that could theoretically be used to make gas weapons etc. The so called mobile chemical labs they found.

I'm an Engineer not a Chemist so know bugger all about how it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom