George Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynnor

Rockhound
Can he hurry up and die - its getting very dull - he should be dead long ago - no way an alcoholic would have got that liver transplant if he wasnt a football celeb - some other poor sod on the waiting list probably died to give besty a couple more years of killing himself...

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
I need to learn not to make death threats.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
rynnor said:
Can he hurry up and die - its getting very dull - he should be dead long ago - no way an alcoholic would have got that liver transplant if he wasnt a football celeb - some other poor sod on the waiting list probably died to give besty a couple more years of killing himself...

My dad was an alcoholic and he died of pretty much the same thing GB is.

So, in future, hold your fucking tongue.

Yes he was an alcoholic but I watched him for most of my life try to give up, he was still my dad and he tried his best.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yep, obviously G Best deserves to die because he made that choice. He chose to systematically destroy his life with alcohol, rather than taking the easy option and giving it up and living off water and carrots.

:rolleyes:

Its a disease IMO, and he deserves as much consideration as anybody else. He was a footballing giant, its not his fault that he can't stop drinking.

Will

/bin/su
But what is killing him at the moment isn't directly linked to the alcoholism, its a post-transplant infection, isn't it?

Professor Williams has said the star's latest hospital admission - to tackle a kidney infection - was not directly related to his problems with alcohol.

Best, however, would have been more susceptible to a kidney infection because he has been on a course of medication to suppress the immune system and prevent his body rejecting a new liver.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
rynnor said:

You sir, are a cock.

Whilst I think he was a selfish, stupid, inconsiderate, violent wife beating arsehole; wishing someone to die because of the reasons you state is hugely unacceptable.

You should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

rynnor

Rockhound
Trem said:
My dad was an alcoholic and he died of pretty much the same thing GB is.

So, in future, hold your fucking tongue.

Yes he was an alcoholic but I watched him for most of my life try to give up, he was still my dad and he tried his best.

There are dead alcoholics in my family so I sympathise but I believe he got a liver for being George Best not because he was neccesarily the best match.

rynnor

Rockhound
Will said:
But what is killing him at the moment isn't directly linked to the alcoholism, its a post-transplant infection, isn't it?

I doubt the heavy drinking party after his last release from hospital helped much tho eh...

rynnor

Rockhound
Big G said:
You sir, are a cock.

Whilst I think he was a selfish, stupid, inconsiderate, violent wife beating arsehole; wishing someone to die because of the reasons you state is hugely unacceptable.

You should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

If he gets extended life at the cost of some other poor soul on the waiting list then I feel that is unnaceptable. After getting the transplant he has continued to drink so do you think this was worthwhile?

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
How do you know he pushed infront of someone else, do you actually have evidence? You can assume all you fucking want. And couldn't you put all those replies in one post?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Like i said, he was stupid/selfish/inconsiderate.

Of course I disagree it was a waste giving an alcoholic a liver transplant who was clearly going to (and did) abuse it, but saying "can he hurry up and die" is a fucktarded thing to say.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Dommers said:
How do you know he pushed infront of someone else, do you actually have evidence? You can assume all you fucking want. And couldn't you put all those replies in one post?

Exactly what i was going to say ;)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
rynnor said:
If he gets extended life at the cost of some other poor soul on the waiting list then I feel that is unnaceptable. After getting the transplant he has continued to drink so do you think this was worthwhile?

I need to learn not to make death threats.

MrHorus

Can't get enough of FH
Big G said:
Probably worth a mod closing it tbh.

Actually probably not, given the media attention the guy is getting.

I will probably get pelters for this but I agree with the OP - every time I see an article about the guy all I think of is "Oh ffs will you hurry up and fucking die already?"

I mean christ, the poor people that waited for liver transplants then had to see some self-inflicted alcoholic celebrity get one before them then go out and fucking waste it on booz binges, thats who I feel sorry for.

And to those who think I am harsh and that I don't know what it's like, well I throw it to you thay my dad is a chronic alcoholic and I would wish the exact same thing upon him if he was ever in need of a liver transplant because of alcoholism ahh but no, wait, he isn't a celebrity, right?

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
On a side note, I'm sure I've come across American alcoholics claiming they can't get liver transplants without proving their commitment to dealing with their addiction by remaining abstinent for 6 months or something, which seems like an eminently sensible requisite, pragmatically if not ideally.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hang on - do any of you seriously think that George Best is the only person in this country who needs a liver due to self-abuse? Self-abuse that he has tried and failed to control?

How many people in this thread smoke cigarettes? If its so fucking easy to give up, why don't you?

Pushed in the queue? Yeah right, lets see some proof before you make silly claims like that. Oh sorry, thats right you're just making shit up.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Hooboy, and yet I could've sworn I remembered you claiming that people with depression should "just get over it".

Edit: basically the point is that with organ transplants, where organs are in short supply, it seems dumb to give them to people who're just going to waste them, when they could've gone to people whose lives they would have changed utterly.

Bodhi

Look it isn't hard to see how Georgie jumped the queue for a liver transplant, the same means are availible to any well-off citizen, it's called going private. Oh wait sorry I forgot, we should all be paupers and get in the queue for the NHS, especially if we've worked hard for a living to be able to afford to jump above the riff-raff. You fucking communists make me sick.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Bodhi said:
Look it isn't hard to see how Georgie jumped the queue for a liver transplant, the same means are availible to any well-off citizen, it's called going private. Oh wait sorry I forgot, we should all be paupers and get in the queue for the NHS, especially if we've worked hard for a living to be able to afford to jump above the riff-raff. You fucking communists make me sick.

Private patients should not be treated any better than NHS patients.
If you want preferential treatment for cash then move to america
and enjoy the benefits of the insurance system.

Just don't lose your job and insurance, cause then you won't get more than a sticky plaster and a boot out the door.

Oh and I'm sick and tired of any of these undertalented underskilled people you call footballers in the news at all so I really couldn't care less about any article on best.

Will

/bin/su
Next person to make a death threat here isn't coming back for a week. You are lucky I haven't banned you all already.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I hope these crabs on my balls fucking die !

:)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
God your all full of more crap than usuall. The man is ill because of the medication to stop his liver transplant being rejected leaving him extremely vunerable to infection. His immune system is very low. So he got a kidney infection. Thats in no way related to drinking. So stop being absoulte utter cocks.

Will ban Rynnor for being a cock, everyone who has told him to die is justified. He has made an stupid, ill-informed comment and wished someone else death. So why shouldn't he get it back.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Bodhi said:

Does going private bump you up the transplant list? I mean I know it'll get you a surgeon earlier, but does it get you the replacement organ quicker? If so, I find that quite surprising.

Bodhi

RandomBastard said:
Private patients should not be treated any better than NHS patients.
If you want preferential treatment for cash then move to america
and enjoy the benefits of the insurance system.

So what's the point in going private then? Bragging rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom