General View of Infiltrators?

O

old.Lonewolf

Was curious as to he general view held by the Albion community of Infiltrators, RvR related and PvE related?

Just wanted to see, so I can relate it to some of the attitudes I have encountered on my journey up the levels

Thanks alot

K

Khalen

We got some friends in the guild who play infiltrator.. They have a lot of trouble to find a group who wants them.. Maybe it's because some of those stealth classes don't wanna team in RvR (to share points, heck not even in a guild group, so showing a greedy RP attitude. Surely not all of them are that way, but only a few have to be that way and people judge them all mostly that way...). So the RvR and PvE part are a bit related I think to each other. Some people rather want tanks, clerics or wizards (which can do more in their eyes) then a scouty person who gets killed in a few hits...

C

c0ngo

I've played a reasonable amount with the 1st Inf to get to 50 (Nice one Mallus on making it last night btw :) bout time but glad you made it ).

If there was space in a group I'd always try to get him in if he wanted to join.

Infs can do a lot of damage so they have to be careful not to get agro because if they do as they have no armour it's a huge manna drain on the Cleric and increases down time.

In most 8 person grps where your pulling linked mobs as long as the Mezing works it's only normally 1-2 tanks that take most of the agro and you often find lower lvl tanks that never get hit at all. So an Inf can easily replace one of your tanks as long the inf knows what they're doing and how to detaunt etc.

Unfortunately not to many people know or beleive this and Infs still have a hard time getting grps :(

B

belth

First of all, gratz to Mallus on finally making 50 :D

As for my own views about grouping... If I'm solo in RvR, I usually tend to wander off from the rest of the albs in search of prey. Sometimes that has caused me lose some kills, as stealth-speed isn't fast enough when you spot an advancing group of hibs/mids heading towards rest of the albs, so I go look for stragglers... If I'm grouped with other people, I usually stick atleast in their near vicinity and get mostly more kills than while solo. I propably accept an invitation to group in RvR, if I'm not logging off soon, going to join another group, etc. Altho I won't group with people who just want to get RPs without contributing anything (help/backup/RPs) themselves. Afterall, would they just let me join their exping group and do nothing...

PvE... I wish more shield tanks would realize to put guard on us Infils, we can keep on doing Garrote/AH continuously instead of Garrote/AH+detaunt. Mobs go down quicker when we don't have to worry about aggro much. Sometimes the mobs go for the nuker after we de-taunt and casters can't de-taunt :( Guard makes things so much easier :)

All in all, it's been getting easier to get in groups lately, atleast for me, hopefully also for other infiltrators. Thanks all for grouping with us, makes us feel more welcome :clap:

O

old.Laico

Originally posted by Khalen
We got some friends in the guild who play infiltrator.. They have a lot of trouble to find a group who wants them.. Maybe it's because some of those stealth classes don't wanna team in RvR (to share points, heck not even in a guild group, so showing a greedy RP attitude. Surely not all of them are that way, but only a few have to be that way and people judge them all mostly that way...)

I dont wanna team with unknow ppl because of the group hate I have when I try to do some PvE, and IMHO a good portion of scouts/infils act this way. Leveling an Infiltrator is the hardest thing I have ever done in this kind of games (and I've played almost all of them). With our slug stealth speed we cannot do almost anything in a group.

R

razorboy

I am one of the infils in khalen's guild and I must admit finding a group isn't really easy... You hear 'sorry m8, we're full' and a minute later a tank from even a level lower than me joins that group. And then when we have a group and don't watch out, we get aggro and die :)

But you group-friendly chars wait and see, we will rule rvr ^^

O

old.Lonewolf

Well much respect to the people who do group infiltrators I can understand not having two infils in a group thought

But yeah played to u all and a large shout out to Appollo for helping level me to 36 last night love ya man!

F

Flimgoblin

I consider an infil in PvE to be a less-armoured version of meself... i.e. a melee damage dealer :)

(or zero range DOT as some people like to call them... pah)

I've no objections to damage dealers in my party, be they firey ones, studded-leather ranged ones or short range leather ones (with either sticks or stilettos).

I

Insurrextion

Originally posted by Khalen
We got some friends in the guild who play infiltrator.. They have a lot of trouble to find a group who wants them.. Maybe it's because some of those stealth classes don't wanna team in RvR (to share points, heck not even in a guild group, so showing a greedy RP attitude. Surely not all of them are that way, but only a few have to be that way and people judge them all mostly that way...). So the RvR and PvE part are a bit related I think to each other. Some people rather want tanks, clerics or wizards (which can do more in their eyes) then a scouty person who gets killed in a few hits...

u have to PvE before RvR and most stealthers get turned away from exp groups .. why should they party u when they RvR and share their rps they can earn just as easy without u? just my 2c :)

personally i hate partying as a minstrel .. partly because yes i am rp horny :p but also it is VERY irritating to have ppl go 'speed plz', 'wait wait i lost speed', 'power song plz' and 'hey where'd u go?' when i go stealth ... only party i enjoy is one with all stealthers cause u can go wherever u want whenever u want - dont have to worry bout going too near enemies and getting mezzed or get ganked by a patrol

PvE - infils do good damage and hit mobs A LOT due to dual wield thus they tend to get a lot of aggro - too much for them to take :(

RvR - they are pretty good now but will get better with the next patch due to more spec points which will allow most infils to access higher lvl poisons :) the 1.50 patch will probably screw assasins due to the nerf of one-shot kills though (but we all know we wont get 1.50 till christmas ;))

O

old.Lonewolf

Well upon checking I have only seen 4-5 infils that are about 40 on the server at the moment and only 1 at 50 that being Mallus

Who plain luckily leeched his way to the top through Steelstorm and RB, but hey more power to him

I have joined Illuminati now and my god what a bloody decent bunch went all the way into Dartmoor last night to the Dragon and that was absolutely wicked

At the moment infiltrators are a far and few between class on the server, high lvl anyhow, which is a shame because they are so good in RvR, I am the only high lvl one in Illuminati, which is fun

But point I am trying to make is, that infiltrators need loving

Bring the loving Albion BRING IT:clap:

I

Insurrextion

please use nicer terms when addressing ppl reaching lvl 50 ... Mallus earned every bit of exp he has now so stfu please

kthxbye

N

)nick(

I'm a lvl 41.5 infiltrator. Its pretty hard for us to get good groups in pve now. I am at the point where I should be doing tanglers but nobody really needs me so I have to make do with normal gobs.

On the plus side most of the infiltrators in the same lvl range know each other and help each other out with items/information/rvring.

I also get a small boost to my 'groupability' as my girlfriend's account is a 42 minstrel so when we're both on at the same time we come as package deal :)

And yes it is true what they say, we ROCK in rvr :) Most notably solo RVR.

O

old.Faded

Im now 42.5 but it hard and slow, then you see scouts in RvR, and the fact they get groups easier and you think what bonuse does a infil get? A scout gets almost as good damge and it gets range... then they anounce that there will be no more staying stealthed... and the ppl that say infils get loads of rps easy... we need a solo target or a one shotable caster... it takes along time to set up your kills. The reason most infils have a descent ammount of rps is because they cant group RvE, so they go RvR.

B

belth

Originally posted by Faded
The reason most infils have a descent ammount of rps is because they cant group RvE, so they go RvR.

And knowing the chance of getting a group during off-peak times is almost nil, RvR becomes more & more interesting... Shame really, when there's starting to be lots of highlevel casters, we are still lower level and can't protect them from other realms few higher level assassins when we group in RvR.

I think there's only 2 lvl45+ Infiltrators now... Maybe 10-12 lvl40-45 ones, of which less than half are online at any given time. Not a lot.

N

Ninjastyle

make that 3 belthazor cuz i'm soo close to 45 :D

anyway, it is hard for an infil to get grouped, although everyone i have grouped with cant complain since i always do my job, dont get hit too much and do good damage

rvr is really fun (the stealthed ambush with mallus, faded, elajt, ... and alot of minstrels and scouts this morning was ownage :p )

i do disagree with laico, in rvr groups we can come in handy too.
We take out the casters/archers while the others charge wich can really help out a bit and often makes the difference in winning or losing the battle

O

old.Laico

Very few times you will have the oportunity to PA a caster behind enemy lines, because your group charges and chances to get there in time are very low (stealth slug speed).

But mixed groups of minstrels/infils are superb ;)

N

Ninjastyle

i'm usually already behind the enemy group before we charge ;)

O

old.Odysseus

Here are some sad facts about infs and scouts:

a) Infils can tank.... but really, wouldnt u rather have a sword/shield armsman

b) Scouts can tank, but really... see point a)

c) Infils can give decent melee damage, but really, check out point a)

d) Scouts can nuke, but really, wouldnt u much rather have a wizzie/theurg/cleric/anything else

e) infils and scouts can pull with bow, but really... check a) or d)

Conclusion:
Infils and scouts are inferior to every other class when it comes to PvE.
Ure an infil/scout and want a group? Then u better get some good friends to help u. Noone in their right mind would take u over a ,see a) or d).

So sad, so true, get used to soloing ;)

Users who are viewing this thread