General "subforums"

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes I started a 360 game thread. See my post above. I post in general more, the posts in the console forum are mainly shit. It hasn't been properly active for a long time.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Again fella, that's a blanket statement which you're applying to the Consoles forum, which actually can be blanketed over the entire FH community (excluding DAoC).

In any event, I'm still with what you say, don't think Tech should have a redirect anymore. A step further I think it should be under General as a forum in its own right.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
and split back into its sub headings

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No more sub forums under general please! Just leave techie discussion where it is, and give them back the webdev sub forum they all miss so much,

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Ch3tan said:
No more sub forums under general please! Just leave techie discussion where it is, and give them back the webdev sub forum they all miss so much,
Yes please! Otherwise what is the point of feedback, other than mods saying they think they [webdev etc] were a "shit idea".

Edit: if anything it's created less post because we no longer want to post web dev stuff here at all.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Maljonic said:
Yes please! Otherwise what is the point of feedback, other than mods saying they think they [webdev etc] were a "shit idea".

Edit: if anything it's created less post because we no longer want to post web dev stuff here at all.
Being a mod doesn't disqualify me from having an opinion, they were a shit idea, deal.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Well yes, but not being a mod doesn't disqualify everybody else from having an opinion either. I wish I didn't have to 'deal' with your ideas of what is shit, but I do I guess.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
What the fuck are you smoking? You could have simply stated "please bring back webdev" but no... you go for the lame 'social commentary' bullshit and then follow it up by being an utter cockbadger (sorry Throd). I never said you weren't allowed an opinion, did I?

Get your head, facts and sexual orientation straight for fucks sake.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I just feel that whatever anyone says about the webdev forums being restored gets knocked back by you and other people that were never really interested in it in the first place. You say they were shit and suggest they never existed on Barrysworld, which shouldn't really matter but they did exist then and have always been there up until now.

Technical

Hardware/TechNation
WebDev

Operating systems
Broadband

http://web.archive.org/web/20020802033932/http://forums.barrysworld.com/

It's just a real shame. We may not have posted hundreds of posts a week but we did use them and I guess we (the people that used them) were glad that they were there, both to post questions, answer questions and look up stuff that we posted a while back to remind ourselves of web design techniques. Now it's just a big jumbled mess that isn't really very usable at all.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm not interested in? You self righteous ****. I used to help deebs out with the hosting back on BW. Why don't you fuck off and tell someone else what they think?

Also for the record, what we had here and what we had on BW were different.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I don't know why you're getting so angry and swearing. It just looks as though the webdev is being stamped out and no one has a say in it - just one day it wasn't there any more. I know the Barrysworld hosting and that was different to what we had here, we never had any hosting here like that, but the webdev forum was pretty much the same thing throughout.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
Specifically the tech sub forums I'd like to hear thoughts on whether all the subforums have equal value or if there are one or two that people feel more strongly about restoring.

I didn't really use the others, or post much anyway, and the Web Dev section wasn't used much (Mostly MKJ or whoever it was really) but i did like having the Web Dev sub forum like Maljonic. Maybe we could expand it a little into "Digital Creations" or "Digital Media" or something to increase activity? Just a thought.

-- Penguin

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Maljonic said:
I don't know why you're getting so angry and swearing. It just looks as though the webdev is being stamped out and no one has a say in it - just one day it wasn't there any more. I know the Barrysworld hosting and that was different to what we had here, we never had any hosting here like that, but the webdev forum was pretty much the same thing throughout.

TBH, webdev wasn't the most actively used forums, and I've no problem at all with it being in Techie discussion, the title does exactly what it says on the tin! (TM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom