General Mods

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Im posting this here as its with regards to how we get treated and I dont want 5-6 idiots shouting at me for playing DAoC and wanting to have an opinion, hence its not posted in feedback.

How is this acceptable?

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=1405&page=1&pp=15

This is aimed at all the general mods, more so at Jup though as I am 100% sure he would lock this if it were in eOT.

We are quite possibly about to loose this forum, the reason being it would apparantly be easier to moderate (except the DAoC mods dont think so) and this OT is dead anyway. The reason no one bothers to post in here anymore is because everything gets locked as soon as 2-3 people in a row post something unrelated to the thread.

Here ends my retarded whining.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
There is a point here. In eOT we never spam like that, but if we did we all know it would be locked, or perhaps even the author banned. It does illistrate that DAoC forumers are treated somewhat more harshly that those in other forums.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Loxleyhood said:
There is a point here. In eOT we never spam like that, but if we did we all know it would be locked, or perhaps even the author banned. It does illistrate that DAoC forumers are treated somewhat more harshly that those in other forums.
Erm Clowny was unbanned the day before that thread was made, can you imagine any of you lot (those who got banned) doing that on the first day you were unbanned?!

You'd be insta-perma-nevercomingback-publicallycalledacunt-banned.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
BlitheringIdiot said:
Erm Clowny was unbanned the day before that thread was made, can you imagine any of you lot (those who got banned) doing that on the first day you were unbanned?!

You'd be insta-perma-nevercomingback-publicallycalledacunt-banned.

You mean like this?:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=1285

The thread you refer to has warnings in it from Deebs, and I think you'll see Clown calmed down shortly thereafter.

Yes some people in the general areas overstep the mark, and they get warned or banned just the same as anyone else.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
indeed jupitus, the mods dont hate us all

a select few including me.. of course.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
k9awya said:
indeed jupitus, the mods dont hate us all

a select few including me.. of course.

Sorry k9, I editied my post to remove that reference as I decided it could be considered confrontational, which I don't want.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Except our thread has more than 3 posts with 12+ words in them...

There is no way in hell that you can possibly justify that thread existing, evne in irc that would be brief.

Also I dont think the mods are against us, Ive gone out of my way to learn to us eIRC and to be a bloody helpful poster and not spam (see any of my posts for the last week for proof).

And even if i step back a bit and say 'ok we are just as bad as them' how comes we are on the verge of loosing our forum but they arent?

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
BlitheringIdiot said:
Except our thread has more than 3 posts with 12+ words in them...

There is no way in hell that you can possibly justify that thread existing, evne in irc that would be brief.

Also I dont think the mods are against us, Ive gone out of my way to learn to us eIRC and to be a bloody helpful poster and not spam (see any of my posts for the last week for proof).

And even if i step back a bit and say 'ok we are just as bad as them' how comes we are on the verge of loosing our forum but they arent?

BI - if it was the same core of people spamming relentlessly in the general forum then you'd be right. Fact is that it's a different set of people get carried away from one day to the next, which is not the same scenario as happens in eOT.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I understand what you guys are saying re the thread you have posted and i have it on good authority that it is being monitored.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Yoni said:
I understand what you guys are saying re the thread you have posted and i have it on good authority that it is being monitored.

Ah! Now I see your avatar I know who you are!

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Dillinja said:
This fucking forum is full of fucking hypocrits.
Get on IRC more often, we just found out - the mods are like... human beings!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
BlitheringIdiot said:

We are? :cheers:

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
This fucking forum is full of fucking hypocrites.

Wats new =/
BlitheringIdiot said:

omg no way like they have feelings wow o_O they feel pain to sheet dawg now thats teh sh1t

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
I reckon they have to be at least half robot.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Conchabar said:
Wats new =/

omg no way like they have feelings wow o_O they feel pain to sheet dawg now thats teh sh1t

Do you need a dictionary? :D

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Dillinja said:
This fucking forum is full of fucking hypocrites.

It will be sorted - re the thread in general this thread is on about.

Ted will be holding a conference in The Mod's Room soon, (read that as posting a message :p)

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Deebs said:
Do you need a dictionary? :D
You know how in every film aimed at teens, theres always that guy who makes no sense at all - and hes constantly stoned. Thats conch.

We tend not to actually read what he says, its less painful that way ;)

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
So, we are all teens now?

Btw, I'm on IRC now and nothing seems to be happening at all. :\

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
why was my thread posted as an example ... i don't get it tbh! :(

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I don't get why you voted for the OT forums being removed.

Fucking backstabber.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Can I ask please, why was the reputation thing brought back? I thought we ruined that? And I can't find a thread relating to it, other than the changelog..

Flesh

Banned
Erm, I can only give positive rep, and can't leave a reason with it. :eek:
In the words of myself, what the fuck?

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
They should've at least kept the reasons. It was funny sending anonamous messages. :p

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
yep, once again i was slightly drunk (not that you will believe me but hey thats life) and voted without reading it correctly, either way we wont get our way with having eOT run how we like it so its not like it makes a difference, and even if i did pick the other option, we would still have lost! If the thread said names of voters will be listed i may have read the thread first, but then again .. if i had read the thread first maybe i would have seen it written somewhere that names of voters would be listed. either way, sorry guys, was busy argueing a point with Jupitus at the time when he decided to spring a link on me. <edit: was also talking with BI about you know what> :s nvm, we (you and me yes.) lost by a fair amount anyway

edit2: ah also looking at the post and thinking back ... i don't even remember looking for excalibur OT, i was looking at the way the trade forums were layed out and thinking "yea looks fine to me"

anyway, nuf lame excuses .. it should be layed out the way BW was, that was fine

pez

Can't get enough of FH
The simple fact is its their forums, we're all just guests. as far as i am concerned they can do what they like. Generally speaking i only read the forums anyway rather than post and as soon as it gets boring i'll move on.

The other thing is, i used to find the mod baiting in BW very funny and a good read but its just not allowed here so everyone stop posting about the mods, ignore them and entertain me while i wait for grp at fins 4.

/em pokes eOters

edit: probably sounded a little apathetic and bastoidish which isn't really how i feel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom