Geforce Fx5200

F

FozzySon

I've had this card for a while now and although the name sounded good I wish the performance was..
Anyone else using this card? If so does it perform well? The rest of my pc is a fairly decent machine.
Amd XP +2000
512 DDR
80gig HDD
Soundblaster live 5.1
______
Cheers FozzySon.

D

djpringle

Well it is a 'budget' card but could you be a little bit more specific in what you are trying to ask it to do...for instance are you running games in silly resolutions with AA and all the eye candy turned on?

F

FatBusinessman

Afraid if you look here you'll find out that there's a reason this card is so cheap. The more advanced features (such as CineFX 2.0 which provides the fancy DX9 effects, and IntelliSample which improves anti-aliasing) have been stripped from the card, and in terms of polygon-pushing muscle, the FX5200 has only a quarter the power of its bigger brothers.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you were looking for a high-performance gaming card, you bought the wrong one, plain and simple.

K

Karlo

FX5200 should never be considered a gaming card.

B

Brass Monkeys

ok .. im getting a new card soon .. so give us ya reviews on the best cards to buy for under £120 Sterling :p

I

Insane

Powercolor Radeon 9600 Pro
(linky)
£105.36 inc. vat from Komplett.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread