Geforce 7800 little problemo!

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
I bought me a Gefoce 7800 and noticed a flickering problem while i move arround. Especially on Trees. Only appears on Objects further away.

Antialiasing and Anisoptropic Filtering are on Maximum. Happens in other Games too but in Daoc it's really annoying.

Eye Pain!

Any Ideas? :D

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
dual core cpu by chance ?

just wondering because I had massive flickering on trees/grass if DAoC wasn't set to only one core.

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
i just bought a duel core and geforce 7800 gt X2 in SLI mode ... and its flickering like hell ..

can any1 help ? ie how do i set daoc on just one core etc ?

and any settings to help the 7800 gt's ?

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
no dual core cpu

I tried new drivers now but the problem is still there. :E

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
DAoC is optimised to run in SLI mode so you don't have any reason to turn it off.
As for dual core I don't see reason for that to do but if you really want... alt tab to windows when u start the game, press ctrl+alt+delete, click 'Processes', find game.dll, rightclick, set processor affinity and check CPUs that u wish to be used. Dunno though if it is not customizable in XP-Pro only.
Flickering trouble is caused by differences in rendering system that certain games use - with settings given by game GFX card uses default settings which are set to aggressive optimisation. To fix this, use ONLY nVIDIA FORCEWARE drivers (the newer the better - 81.94 ftw) downloaded directly from nVidia webbsite. With these drivers, set all quality settings to max and flickering should vanish. At least it worked well @ my friend's PC.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
FSAA x8 is so unplayable in DAoC, chatwindow looks like shite. I had to turn down to x4 so my chatbox didn't look so crap ( although models looked much cooler ofc )

Btw, for the flickering, did you try playing with VSYNC? Turn it on/off, depending on what it is atm, it helps me sometimes ( if it's the kind of flickering I mean, hard to tell by reading =) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom