geforce 4 440 Mx

Stalkzor

Fledgling Freddie
Io all,

I have been trying for days to run 2 instances of daoc on my PC but i just can't make it work. I keep getting Game.dll error and puter crashes.
I have a 1.7 gig Athlon, 768 meg of ram, 128 meg Geforce4 Mx440 running under Windows 98.

1 - Are my graphic card or Windows 98 able to cope with 2 instances running at the same time ?
2 - Can u run 2 instances with just one game ( ie : u duplicate SI folders and u run one cession from each folder) or do u need to buy a second game ?

Thanks for ur help

Stalk

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Works fine for me with 512mb ram, Windows 98SE, and 128mb GF4 Mx440 for 2 accounts. Works fine for me just playing both versions from the same folder but you do need 2 accounts but i guess you already knew that ;)

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
switch the second account (i assume bb or crafter) to minimum setting on resolution.
also set the second on to low priority in task manager this should help.

also make sure you have no precache of skins on either as this will eat your memory and cause you to crash

Stalkzor

Fledgling Freddie
plomien said:
also set the second on to low priority in task manager this should help.

How do u do that with Windows 98 ?

Thanks

Stalk

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
Stalkzor said:
How do u do that with Windows 98 ?

Thanks

Stalk
ah i am not sure to be honest i was typing for 98 but thinking xp for some unknown reason but there must be a way to do it.

Stalkzor

Fledgling Freddie
Well, got it sorted out !
I just needed to download the latest Nvidia drivers 53.xx and load my bot in low resolution 800 x 600. Although it takes ages to zone, it's working fine now.
Thx to everybody for their help

Stalk :worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom