Geek speak on it's way to become a new language...

Himse

FH is my second home
Geek speak is for geeks alone!

i heard alot of ppl walking around being like

LOL

LMAO

PMSL

saying it in short hand!

Also calling people noobs seems to be a trend.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Well, it might actually not be far off. I mean; Danish, swedish and norwegian is quite close to eachother. Yet, still individual languages due to key differences.

I can probably understand a swede (speaking slowly :p) better than, say my mother would understand a convo in "nerdic" even if slowed down. Why not make it an unofficial sub language of english?

Mey

Part of the furniture
Emos adopted saying "LOL" in person for awhile, I never did see if the trend caught on or not.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I never saw anybody do this IRL... oh hang on... I don't do IRL, so I wouldn't see it...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I know. But I have a real ear for languages. So if they speak very slowly. Their silly Sim speak actually makes a modicum of sense ;)

No no, you don't understand...i mean to understand a swede is impossible :D

As in, get.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
gerrof mah language!!!!!

*waves pitchfork*

*turns round and shows flap of long johns only covering one buttock*

*scratches said buttock*

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i always thought it was called net chat? most ppl (as ive just done without realising till id wrote it) shorten words to various lengths some call it lazy but its just a natural evolution of gamers when you need to say summat quickly you want to get ya point across as quick as poss so we are geeks are we clueless fuckwits

Lethul

FH is my second home
Well, it might actually not be far off. I mean; Danish, swedish and norwegian is quite close to eachother. Yet, still individual languages due to key differences.

I can probably understand a swede (speaking slowly :p) better than, say my mother would understand a convo in "nerdic" even if slowed down. Why not make it an unofficial sub language of english?

I've always had danish/norweigan TV when i grew up so i'd say i understand one of you too! Atleast if you talk slowly. When you go fast its like someone is trying to talk with his mouth full of food (danish that is!) :)

Helme

Resident Freddy
I think Swedes actually have it easiest understanding both Norwegian and Danish, probably because those lesser countries all learned from our great nation!

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I've often wondered if other countries have the same range of local accents that the UK does. People from Norway might find Swedes hard to understand, but I struggle to understand some people from a hundred miles away or less!

We have Geordies, Brummies, Scousers, Cockneys and a variety of other people with stupid accents (West Country anyone?). Even I don't get away scot-free with my silly Yorkshire "by 'eck flat caps and whippets" accent.

Is it the same for other countries? Guess it must be. Where in your country do people have the most ridiculously awful accent?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Sweden does have quite a range of dialects, with the southern ones being more like Danish, the northern one speaking like farmers with too much snus under their lips and the middle-eastern part speaking properly.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
I think Swedes actually have it easiest understanding both Norwegian and Danish, probably because those lesser countries all learned from our great nation!

Learned from your "great" nation :D hahaha nubcicle ^^
But ok, i don't blame you for trying to be overpatriotic.
I mean, who else will defend sweden. The danes don't like you, the norwegians really don't like you and the finish certainly do not like you.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Patriotic me? no never. That said, the language thing is true(atleast the understanding - Sweden really is inbetween language wise).

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Patriotic me? no never. That said, the language thing is true(atleast the understanding - Sweden really is inbetween language wise).

Some people would say so (that swedish is in the middle) personally i've always had it easier with norwegian. Maybe because i have norwegian friends.

Neither danish, nor norwegian is derived from swedish though.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

i cant understand either save my life..

djävla bräkande :<

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
They teach english too, so tito for taco :D

I just remember having a long chat with Jukka (the guide) while biking through the mountains of crete.
He sounded really bitter about being forced to learn swedish :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Is it the same for other countries? Guess it must be. Where in your country do people have the most ridiculously awful accent?

Sønderjylland in denmark surely, everytime i visit family there (i grew up outside copenhagen) im baffled by what the hell they are on about for the first week or so (either i get better at understanding or they realise i dont so speak slower and more normal :p )

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I just remember having a long chat with Jukka (the guide) while biking through the mountains of crete.
He sounded really bitter about being forced to learn swedish :p

Aye. It shouldn't be mandatory as A: noone will need/use it(unless they need it for sweden or work etc) and B: if they wanted to, it could be learned like german/russian/etc.

But, i also want it to be mandatory since we had to learn it :flame:

Helme

Resident Freddy
It's a great language to learn tbh if you plan on moving from Finland, knowing Swedish opens up jobs in both Denmark and Norway and obviously Sweden.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If this forum was a person it would be fluent in geek speak, have twelve biros in its shirt pocket, a pet monkey who programs in C#.NET, and have a sore bottom

Lethul

FH is my second home
Sweden does have quite a range of dialects, with the southern ones being more like Danish, the northern one speaking like farmers with too much snus under their lips and the middle-eastern part speaking properly.

lol, Gnällbältet speaking properly? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom