Gator / Gain

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi all,

Does anyone know how i can get rid of this annoying software? My firewall stops it from working, but it's annoying knowing it's still on my computer. I have no idea how i installed it in the first place either. It's called GMT.exe if that helps.

Cheers

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I think Mozilla and it's variants feature some sort of built in mind altering software, which makes all users try to persuade others to download it.

But, maybe, it gets pimped... because it is the best thing since sliced bread.

No, really.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Mozilla is the daddy, infact its my...........ffs, what the fuck was I thinking about, I was about to type something totally wrong considering whats just happened to me :(

Clown

Part of the furniture
Is there actually any software out there that contains adware (Gator, Gain, and the less obscure ones), but is actually useful, or worth anything, or you can't get something else to do?

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Scorched earth policy is best when dealing with these disgusting pieces of software. End relevant processes, delete dll's and anything else that looks associated, format hard disk and set fire to PC. Then kick Clown for fun.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Cask said:
Scorched earth policy is best when dealing with these disgusting pieces of software. End relevant processes, delete dll's and anything else that looks associated, format hard disk and set fire to PC. Then kick Clown for fun.

Thats horrible!

A PC deserves better treatment that that.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Clown said:
Is there actually any software out there that contains adware (Gator, Gain, and the less obscure ones), but is actually useful, or worth anything, or you can't get something else to do?
Yeah, Divx. Of course, you can get it without adaware but you need to know what you're looking for. As a result, for the novice user it's pretty damned easy to get adaware on your machine.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The other day I made the tragic error of installing messenger plus with the sponser programs enabled (I was in a hurry).

God the shite it installed.....

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, I come this >< close to installing that shite EVERY time I install msgplus.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
I thought the last opera release got filled full of gator/spyware stuff? Im sure I read something about that?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
kanonfodda said:
Opera, Mozilla,Netscape = the same thing (pretty much)

Exactly...except that Netscape is a nice polished version with a few extra bells on

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
jaba said:
I thought the last opera release got filled full of gator/spyware stuff? Im sure I read something about that?

jaba, it was not the last opera release you're talking about. Besides, it is all bullshit. Opera has no spyware whatsoever, never did, and hopefully never will. That article went quickly under, because it was full of false assumptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom