News Gary McKinnon

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He'll get raped by the UK courts now though, I bet.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Why do you think that it was a correct decision?
Only reason I can see is that he hacked from the UK.
So that could be a reason to try him in a UK court but if for his Asperger's he didn't get extradited then the question about the Babar Ahmad extradition have to be asked louder.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Why do you think that it was a correct decision?
Only reason I can see is that he hacked from the UK.
So that could be a reason to try him in a UK court but if for his Asperger's he didn't get extradited then the question about the Babar Ahmad extradition have to be asked louder.

Because american justice is fucking retarded.
iirc they wanted millions in damages ( he did no damage, they are using the cost of actually securing their network as the "damage" and wanted to bang him up for 40 years or something equally fucking retarded.

Completely disproportionate to what he did, something like ~3 years served in a uk prison and I'd be fine with it, what they actually want to do is go batshit crazy on him.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
So ECA your main issue is not with the extradition but rather the US justice system.
Take the US justice system out and then you would agree for the extradition?
Besides what the prosecutors want is not always what they get, must be the same in the US?
Not that I care too much but should it really matter how crazy a justice system is for an extradition?
What would happen in case of a murder on holidays but the person is back in their home country and the crime carries a death penalty in the holiday country, should that person walk free according to you?

I personally feel that in this case the guy should be convicted in the UK as he did the "crime" there, as for what they want to prosecute him for doesn't matter to me.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Obviously if the recipient justice system is a bad joke, then we shouldn't extradite on principle.

He committed a crime against a foreign power, of course he should face justice, but in an american court he wouldn't find any.
wrt/ death penalty - yeah that's fine. It's like thailand and similar countries that have a death penalty for drug smuggling, you'd have to be a colossal fucking moron to even try. ( I have no clue about their legal systems so I couldn't offer an opinion on if they were particularly just or not ).

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
So he gets to stay here. Thereasa May actually did something that benefits a UK citizen.

Discuss.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Oh balls, that'll teach me to look down the page won't it. This post doesn't exist, you're imagining things...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Good news on many levels

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Merged threads.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
She was under considerable pressure from the US, deserves a round of applause for this. Pity the last government washed their hands of it, 10 years of misery finally over. I loved the Senators comments that it was a rediculous situation and they shoudl have offered him a job not extradition and jail :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The point made at the end is a good one;

"Mr Ahmad's family said: "Why within the space of two weeks, a British citizen with Asperger's accused of computer-related activity is not extradited, while two other British citizens, one with Asperger's, engaged in computer-related activity are extradited. A clear demonstration of double standards."

As long as the guy is punished(which i believe he already was with 7 years without a computer...can't even imagine :().

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Should of held out on it till 2014. Could of deported him to Scotland and let them deal with it. ;)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
IMO it makes sense to put him on the payroll. If he's that good at hacking.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
She was under considerable pressure from the US, deserves a round of applause for this. Pity the last government washed their hands of it, 10 years of misery finally over. I loved the Senators comments that it was a rediculous situation and they shoudl have offered him a job not extradition and jail :)
totally agree tbh. also, that Senator deserves a pat on the back for engaging his brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom