Help Gaming laptop for £600?

graze

Fledgling Freddie
I'm after a gaming laptop for around £600 can anyone point me in the right direction?

I've always had gaming pc's and gaming laptops always seemed a bit well odd...can I get a decent gaming lappy for 600 or am I kidding myself.

Thanks.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm after a gaming laptop for around £600 can anyone point me in the right direction?

I've always had gaming pc's and gaming laptops always seemed a bit well odd...can I get a decent gaming lappy for 600 or am I kidding myself.

Thanks.

Hi Graze - not seen you here before.... are you a lurker? :)

graze

Fledgling Freddie
I've not been here for ages, and was having a chat with an old friend today and we were talking about playing cs on barrysworld many moons ago, which got me thinking about this site and here I am! then someone asked me about a laptop and boom 2 birds one stone.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've not been here for ages, and was having a chat with an old friend today and we were talking about playing cs on barrysworld many moons ago, which got me thinking about this site and here I am! then someone asked me about a laptop and boom 2 birds one stone.

That's cool, and welcome back! I expect some folks with bigger brains than me will try to help soon :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
For gaming you definitely need a dedicated graphics card. 800-900 will get you a much better gaming experience. The below YunSen model looks like a decent spec:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/YunSen-Gaming-I5-4200m-Geforce-Windows/dp/B00M4DYV0G/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1417726682&sr=8-7&keywords=gaming laptop under £600

For 50 GBP more you can get this:

http://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/Pegasus-13-3-GTX-765M-Laptop-156p2025.htm

This dell Inspiron has a decent spec for the price 593 on Dabs.com
http://www.dabs.com/products/dell-i...sional-9MFV.html?refs=54600000-56900000&src=3
Product Description Dell Inspiron 15 3542 - 15.6" - Core i7 4510U - Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit - 8 GB RAM - 1 TB HDD
Product Type Notebook
Operating System Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Processor Intel Core i7 (4th Gen) 4510U / 2 GHz ( 3.1 GHz ) / 4 MB Cache
Memory 8 GB DDR3L
Storage 1 TB HDD / 5400 rpm
Optical Drive DVD-Writer
Display 15.6" LED backlight 1366 x 768 / HD
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 840M - 2 GB DDR3L

Dell looks like a good deal, I have no idea what the other two are like or the support etc. Dell probably the safer option.

Nate

FH is my second home
Dells always break, they're shit that way. Every dell that has ever been made has broken, thats a nate fact.

You can take that one to the bank.

MrHyde

Fledgling Freddie
For the game, you'd better buy some equipment to assemble and install by yourself.although low price,its performance is very good.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Dells always break, they're shit that way. Every dell that has ever been made has broken, thats a nate fact.

You can take that one to the bank.
Have to say the old XPS gaming one i had years ago was crap two, spent more time away in repair than anything else. Graphics Card went twice in it followed by the Mobo. Gave up after that. Never buy another that is for sure, but I know a few people that like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom