Games Gaming and exercise

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Online gamers 'are not unhealthy'

After reading the article made me think and was wondering if 'gamers' in this country tend to do exercise because they spend time playing games. I mean I play Basketball once or twice a week for a hour and I jog a couple of miles once a week. I started to Jog because I spent long hours infront of a screen, but took on Basketball because my flat mate is a BBall Coach and got me involved and now I love it. I was just curious to see if people here started exercise to counter-balance there long gamign hours?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i started exercising because i was gaming.

that is, gaming made me obese.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I balance my long gaming hours with long work hours. In between I drink beer and eat pizza. every now and then I pose on a mountainbike for 5 minutes.

Will

/bin/su
I think too much time sitting about playing games certainly contributed to some issues I had, and exercise sorted me out. Mostly biking, with a bit of swimming. Which has now pretty much replaced the playing of computer games.

Though I couldn't exactly have ever been described as fat. ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I go cycling pretty much every day I'm not working. Today I went out twice, once during the day, and a couple of hours ago with a mate in pitch darkness :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You know why gamers don't get fat? Gaming and eating is hard to do at the same time.

You can read a book, watch TV, nomnomnom away, but no real gamer wants half a donut hanging from their respected controller.

When you play, you're so immersed, that you don't eat, drink, piss or sh*t until it's absolutely vital to your health.

Fat people should take notes :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ha I'm pretty fastidious, but still I can eat while gaming. maybe it's the games I play? having said that, I can't eat while on the PS3. in fact, nobody is allowed to eat when on my PS3. there's nothing worse than a squidgy controller :eek:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I can eat when my PC is loading. I think the government should continually upgrade my PC to negate the risk of me putting on weight as that would only cost the health service more in the long run...

awww... go on...

please? :D

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I got very fat whilst playing very fat indeed usually because there was a bag of OMNOMNOM's just in the reach of my left hand so that in between games I could reach out for some sugary or salty goodness and ram in in my mouth before going into the next...

These days I walk to and from work, occasionally get on my exercise bike and do some sit ups... I don't have nice treats near my hands at the computer and I am too lazy to go to the fridge to get stuff to eat unless I am really really hungry.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Campus gym 2 times a week. About 1h a session. Play games too. Though, probably isn't worth it due to the fact I eat shite too. Just because if I spent too long infront of the screen now I get stressed now =<

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
I dunno why people dont do both at the same time like me?

treadmill-desk-in-use.jpg

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Nice, but doesn't it get hard to concentrate on gaming and walk at the same time?

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
God know's I just searched for a treadmill and keyboard on google images and got this :p

But yea I would say so lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom