Part of the furniture
So Warrior-priests are pure pwnage?

1v1 are they gods?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

1v1 are they gods?

Not really.

They can be annoying because they are very hard to kill, but their damage output is laughable. Killing a mob in pve can take several minutes :)

Playing a WP is like trying to chop down an oak tree with a banana in one hand and a copy of The Beano in the other.

Problem is that people, instead of learning about their own class and their enemy's strengths and weaknesses, try and kill them 1v1, find due to attrition only, they wind up eventually losing and then begin a huge QQ campaign. In reality, the DoK is superior to the WP in many ways (at this moment in time).

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, after reading this article, take what they say with a pinch of salt (so to speak). The mention of the WP and the WE made me chuckle, if the "current consensus" is anything to go by, either the US testers are numptys or the vast majority of the whingers are Destruction players (or want to be).

One other point, as the game is balanced on a realm scale rather than an individual manner, there aren't any stand-out solo classes really. Any class can solo quite well. OFC some can solo a bit better than others (and there are still a few abilities which needed fixing which are simply daftly powerful and not working properly), but a lot of it depends who and what they are fighting.

The great thing is virtually any 1v1 is fun because a large amount of the outcome is down to the player rather than the class, level or what kit they are wearing. It makes for a great situation, as 1v1 very few ever run away as they always have a chance of winning (sometimes not much of a chance admittedly though).

Aada

Part of the furniture
Actually, after reading this article, take what they say with a pinch of salt (so to speak). The mention of the WP and the WE made me chuckle, if the "current consensus" is anything to go by, either the US testers are numptys or the vast majority of the whingers are Destruction players (or want to be).

One other point, as the game is balanced on a realm scale rather than an individual manner, there aren't any stand-out solo classes really. Any class can solo quite well. OFC some can solo a bit better than others (and there are still a few abilities which needed fixing which are simply daftly powerful and not working properly), but a lot of it depends who and what they are fighting.

The great thing is virtually any 1v1 is fun because a large amount of the outcome is down to the player rather than the class, level or what kit they are wearing. It makes for a great situation, as 1v1 very few ever run away as they always have a chance of winning (sometimes not much of a chance admittedly though).

Nice thanks for insight.

:worthy:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Not really.

They can be annoying because they are very hard to kill, but their damage output is laughable. Killing a mob in pve can take several minutes :)

Playing a WP is like trying to chop down an oak tree with a banana in one hand and a copy of The Beano in the other.

Problem is that people, instead of learning about their own class and their enemy's strengths and weaknesses, try and kill them 1v1, find due to attrition only, they wind up eventually losing and then begin a huge QQ campaign. In reality, the DoK is superior to the WP in many ways (at this moment in time).

Bit like a RR1 paladin using a DF weapon then.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

1v1 are they gods?

not against anything with knockdowns, and that knows when to use it..

its an ok solo class but its certainly not "pwnage", i could tell you what class that is but i'm not gonna because theres enough of those already :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The great thing is virtually any 1v1 is fun because a large amount of the outcome is down to the player rather than the class, level or what kit they are wearing.

Well, to some degree yes, but a player with renown gear versus an equally skilled player without renown gear will always have the upper hand. and will more often then not, win. renown gear is made for pvp where resists are more important then some of the other stats needed in pve.

/edit: resists is as far as i have been able to test, mostly negated by PvE mobs. IE its not needed or useful.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Well, to some degree yes, but a player with renown gear versus an equally skilled player without renown gear will always have the upper hand. and will more often then not, win. renown gear is made for pvp where resists are more important then some of the other stats needed in pve.

/edit: resists is as far as i have been able to test, mostly negated by PvE mobs. IE its not needed or useful.

I agree, but renown gear can be bought by anyone and so mostly everyone will have a set...or at least some of the set. This is worthwhile pointing out, you don't need to go pve raiding for weeks on end to get your rvr kit, just go kill your enemy and buy it :)

Resists are bugged still? They certainly were for a while.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
not against anything with knockdowns, and that knows when to use it..

its an ok solo class but its certainly not "pwnage", i could tell you what class that is but i'm not gonna because theres enough of those already :)

Hmm, Dark Elf maybe? Mirror of the WP perhaps? ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
FUCKING KNOCKBACKS!

'nuff said tbfh!

but seriously, GOD how i hate knockbacks. i can more then live with knockDOWNS, but being punted 50 odd feet with a fucking knockback is bloody annoying. and its SO fun when you get punted out from a cliff/keep wall/whatever and have to run all the way around for ~2 minutes to get back.

if thats gonna be the CC in this game i wish they would have just implemented mezz. because even iff mezz is a retarded CC atleast theres no chance for ppl to punt others so they fall down and die from falling damage. and ofc theres no counter for it so expect griefer squads with knockbacks to run around everywhere where theres a chance to fall down from something.. and theres ALOT of those places.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Is it just me or is Order much more weaker on knockback abilities? and good abilities on general.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
Is it just me or is Order much more weaker on knockback abilities? and good abilities on general.

yes, order is underpoppulated, outgunned, outskilled, weaker, uncoordinated and fails to everything.

you can stop whining from day -30...

:kissit:

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
yes, order is underpoppulated, outgunned, outskilled, weaker, uncoordinated and fails to everything.

you can stop whining from day -30...

:kissit:

I'm not whining,this is coming from Destruction POV. Check your sources before you trying to troll on next time.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
He is right to some degree, try at least to put in a fact or 2 why order suks...even you were only ironic :)

Faya

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
That depends really, plenty of places where you can be knocked off a cliff :)

even then, have blasted people off keeps and they don't take falling damage :) (and similarly been blasted off and not taken any damage) - if you jumped down you'd take damage...

if there's a big pit of lava at the bottom it's a bit different mind you...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
even then, have blasted people off keeps and they don't take falling damage :) (and similarly been blasted off and not taken any damage) - if you jumped down you'd take damage...

if there's a big pit of lava at the bottom it's a bit different mind you...

Must have been changed then as i recall a certain Tier 2 Scenario where i killed god knows how many players by simply knocking them off the hill :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Must have been changed then as i recall a certain Tier 2 Scenario where i killed god knows how many players by simply knocking them off the hill :)

That's a bit silly ;) the tier 4 one with the lava pits is fun with knockback though :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
That's a bit silly ;) the tier 4 one with the lava pits is fun with knockback though :)

I always get lost in that place..Chaos Wastes isn't it? The one with the flight hangar in the middle i think :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I always get lost in that place..Chaos Wastes isn't it? The one with the flight hangar in the middle i think :)

hmm actually it's not tier 4 - it's a high elf one with a murderball in an underground lavapit - tier 2 or 3 HEvDE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom