GameSpy Games of the Year:

S

Sir Frizz

Show us your game of the year!

PS2 = SSX 3 tbh (I have a dreadful feeling Enter The Matrix will win :()
XBOX = GTA Double Pack (I suspect PGR 2 will win)
GC = Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (Wind Waker was pants tbh)
GBA = Final Fantasy Tactics
PC Action = Max Payne 2 (Though i'd go for Halo, but i'm not gay :))
PC Strategy = C&C: Generals
PC RPG = Final Fantasy XI (I hope the Star Wars games don't win :/)
PC Sports = Dunno, so i'll go for...FIFA 2K4
PC Overall = Max Payne 2

W

whipped

PS2 = Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time ( Even though a little short)
XBOX = Panzer Dragoon Orta ( Although Knights would come a close second)
GC = The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (You can't go wrong with Zelda :))
GBA = Advance Wars 2 (Wouldn't let me choose Splinter Cell ;))
PC Action = TRON 2.0 (Excellent. I love killing things with my disc! :))
PC Strategy = Galactic Civilizations (Simply Elegant and fun. Homeworld 2 would have come second)
PC RPG = Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide (Haven't played Underdark and SWG was a little dissapointing)
PC Sports = Simpsons Hit & Run (I hate sports games on a PC, so lets vote for the outsider.)
PC Overall = Galactic Civilizations (Sorry. Got to be my Game of the Year. Whether a quick game in a small universe or a 6 month game in a massive universe, this game never fails to please me)

L

leggy

PS2 = Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
XBOX = Panzer Dragoon Orta (guess)
GC = Viewtiful Joe
GBA = Advance Wars 2
PC Action = Splinter cell
PC Strategy = Rise of nations
PC RPG = K.O.T.O.R
PC Sports = Simpsons Hit & Run (same reason as whipped, plus no option for pes3)
PC Overall = Splinter Cell (out of all the games I have played this year on the pc, I enjoyed this the most. CoD was good but way overrated.)

R

Rekin

Re: Re: GameSpy Games of the Year:

Originally posted by Sar
Pro Evo 3 surely?

Yes. Vote for a PS2 game in the PC Sports category. That'll show the world how smart you are!

E

Embattle

Re: Re: Re: GameSpy Games of the Year:

Originally posted by Rekin
Yes. Vote for a PS2 game in the PC Sports category. That'll show the world how smart you are!

One would say that it is you that doesn't know the facts.....genius :eek:

S

Sibanac

PS2: Need for speed : underground
GC: Metroid prime
GBA : FF tactics
PC (strat) : American conquest
PC rpg : NWN:HoU
PC sport : TH:ps4

W

Wij

Haven't played all that many this year but from what I have.

PS2 = Guilty Gear X2
Xbox = PGR2
GC = Viewtiful Joe
GBA = Advance Wars 2
PC Action = Halo
PC Strategy = AOM: The Titans
PC RPG = Not played any of em but I'm looking forward to the next DAOC expansion.
PC Sports = ?? wtf ? I guessed at the Simpsons game :)
PC Overall = um - AOM:TT again :/

Man, I need to play more games :(

S

Sar

Re: Re: Re: GameSpy Games of the Year:

C0ckmunch3r.

Thx, now be off with you ta.

L

lovedaddy

whats with all the extra PC groups. f*cking gamespy.

anyhow:
PS2: VF4Evo
XB: Top Spin
GC: Zelda
GBA: Castlevania Aria of Sorrow

Tell you what, there are some bloody goooood games on all consoles at the moment. Very good time for gamers =)

T

Twaize

PS2 = SSX 3
GBA = Final Fantasy Tactics
PC Action = Call of DUty
PC Strategy = Homeworld 2
PC RPG = Final Fantasy XI
PC Sports = THPS 4
PC Overall = Freedom Fighters (I couldn't make up my mind and chose the danish)

R

Rekin

Originally posted by Embattle
One would say that it is you that doesn't know the facts.....genius :eek:

Oh my good fucking lord. That is the worst idea I have ever seen. To sully the greatest football game of all time by putting it on a PC. Konami.....why?????

I honestly can't see it being anywhere near as good. All the multiplayer fun will be lost (no matter what anyone says, online play is nowhere near as good as 4 mates crowded round a TV. Prolly be a good substitute for most of you lot tho), and really, the single player bit of PES isnt that scintillating. So no, it's definitely not a contender for PC Sports game of the year.

Having said that I don't know what is. Even when I thought PC Games didn't suck, I thought PC Sports games did. As I don't pay attention to stuff I think sucks, which might explain my ignorance of PES 3's PC release.

S

Sar

Well it is superb.

I play it with a PS2 pad on my PC and it's sublime. Better than the PS2 version in fact - for a start it's a damn sight easier to patch & edit - before I started a club season I had applied the Wolf patch to give me the proper kits, players and clubs.

Multiplayer consists of up to 8 players around the PC - there is no online option. Again check your facts first.

The single player of Pro Evo (and ISS before it) is and always has been superb.

TBH your opinion counts for very little, as you patently seem to know very little.

C

Cdr

Oh my good fucking lord. That is the worst idea I have ever seen. To sully the greatest football game of all time by putting it on a PC. Konami.....why?????

I honestly can't see it being anywhere near as good. All the multiplayer fun will be lost (no matter what anyone says, online play is nowhere near as good as 4 mates crowded round a TV. Prolly be a good substitute for most of you lot tho), and really, the single player bit of PES isnt that scintillating. So no, it's definitely not a contender for PC Sports game of the year.

Having said that I don't know what is. Even when I thought PC Games didn't suck, I thought PC Sports games did. As I don't pay attention to stuff I think sucks, which might explain my ignorance of PES 3's PC release.

Have you played it? We can assume not. Do you have any clue what it is like? No. Does this entitle you to rubbish a game you've not even played? No.

I've played both the PS2 version and the PC version. With a PS2 style joypad plugged into a PC, the PC version is much much better.

The lesson learnt from this? Do your sodding research before making stupid posts.

D

Deadmanwalking

(no matter what anyone says, online play is nowhere near as good as 4 mates crowded round a TV.

This implies you have more then your disabled dog to class as mates?

R

Rekin

Originally posted by Cdr
Have you played it? We can assume not. Do you have any clue what it is like? No. Does this entitle you to rubbish a game you've not even played? No.

I've played both the PS2 version and the PC version. With a PS2 style joypad plugged into a PC, the PC version is much much better.

The lesson learnt from this? Do your sodding research before making stupid posts.

I have played it tho. The PS2 version anyway. The PC version is simply a port of the PS2 version. The fundamental characteristic of ports? The games themselves are pretty much identical. So, by using a PS2 pad, you are pretty much playing exactly the same game, so I fail to see how it can be much much better, unless they've massivly improved the graphics (which I doubt, considering the PS2 version already looks teh sex).

So if the games are the same why is the PS2 version better then? Well, I've taken a quick headcount of people who don't spend their entire lives glued to a PC screen, and most seemed to be of the opinion that 8 player on a 32" WEGA sitting on some comfy couches was infinitely preferable to 8 player on a 19 inch monitor sitting on a couple of office chairs and a bed. I'm inclined to agree with them aswell, for proper multiplayer fun (none of this new fangled playing people in a different country lark) the PC sucks ass.

The lesson learnt from this? Some people have different tastes in gaming than others.

Oh and Sar, you kinda blew it with the last statement of your post. If you can't have a discussion without resorting to personal insults, you have lost the discussion, even if your earlier points were good. Can't say I was surprised tho, as it's been one of your characteristics since you joined this forum. Ah well, you'll learn one day m'lad.

C

Cdr

Stuff

The fact that you haven't played the PC version (which is what we are talking about here - not the PS2 one), how do you know it's "just a port"? How do you know (again, without having played the game) that the graphics haven't improved? The simple answer is - you don't.

And I've just done a quick headcount, and oh look, people prefer the PC version. Its great how you can make up statistics on the spot.

Until you play the PC version, I seriously dont see how you can poo-poo it.

And yes, people have different tastes, but you cant disregard something until you try it.

R

Rekin

Originally posted by Cdr
The fact that you haven't played the PC version (which is what we are talking about here - not the PS2 one), how do you know it's "just a port"? How do you know (again, without having played the game) that the graphics haven't improved? The simple answer is - you don't.

And I've just done a quick headcount, and oh look, people prefer the PC version. Its great how you can make up statistics on the spot.

Until you play the PC version, I seriously dont see how you can poo-poo it.

And yes, people have different tastes, but you cant disregard something until you try it.

Can you read? I said they may have upgraded the graphics, I just doubted it.

How do I know it's just a port? Because the PC Games market isn't lucrative enough to warrant developing a whole new version of PES3 for it. That, and the features list on the Game website is identical to what's in the PS2 version. So it's a port.

I can poo poo it quite simply (in fact I think I just did), based on the inherent problems of the platform it's on. No game can overcome these, which is why consoles will always be better for games. Funny me thinking that on a Game Consoles forum innit?

D

Deadmanwalking

I can poo poo it quite simply (in fact I think I just did), based on the inherent problems of the platform it's on. No game can overcome these, which is why consoles will always be better for games. Funny me thinking that on a Game Consoles forum innit?

Get out.

C

Cdr

Can you read? I said they may have upgraded the graphics, I just doubted it.

How do I know it's just a port? Because the PC Games market isn't lucrative enough to warrant developing a whole new version of PES3 for it. That, and the features list on the Game website is identical to what's in the PS2 version. So it's a port.

Okay, we'll agree to disagree then.

I prefer the PC version, you prefer the console version.

Each to their own I guess.

S

Sar

Can't say I was surprised tho, as it's been one of your characteristics since you joined this forum. Ah well, you'll learn one day m'lad.

This, from a n00b.

Echellenté Ambassadoré. Also, incidentally, as per usual with you, completely and massively wrong.

Idioté.

L

leggy

It's funny watching you lot rise to the bait of a blatant aliaser.

R

Rekin

Originally posted by Sar
This, from a n00b.

Echellenté Ambassadoré. Also, incidentally, as per usual with you, completely and massively wrong.

Idioté.

I'm not tho. Use your brain before replying eh?

A

adams901

Oh and Sar, you kinda blew it with the last statement of your post. If you can't have a discussion without resorting to personal insults, you have lost the discussion, even if your earlier points were good. Can't say I was surprised tho, as it's been one of your characteristics since you joined this forum. Ah well, you'll learn one day m'lad.

who started the personal insults?.. not that im getting involved in this petty handbag fight :).

Users who are viewing this thread