Gamesday UK

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Days like yesterday remind me that I have the greatest job in the world. I'm very glad that so many people came to see us and we were able to show the game off to all the Warhammer fans at Gamesday.

Being a frothing GW fanboi means that Gamesday has been the highlight of my year for about as long as I can remember and this year was easily the best one yet. Being able to share my excitement about WAR is just the icing on the cake.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Just my opinion from the photo Flim posted of Iain...how come some kid asked HIM for an autograph while there were standing much more interesting people next to him? I mean, c'mon! Boobs!

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Was a fun day nice to meet you in person Iain. Loved the way the game is coming on though as others have said I hope the scenario`s are just a side show for the main event that being open RvR.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Just my opinion from the photo Flim posted of Iain...how come some kid asked HIM for an autograph while there were standing much more interesting people next to him? I mean, c'mon! Boobs!

that photo was from the Leipzig convention not the gamesday one :) those boobs weren't there...

(there were plenty of boobs around, just they were mostly man-boobs)

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Case, wonder if we can get a huge Guild Leader petition up to ask for Scenarios (aka WOW BGs) to be less prominent and for the focus to be on a true wrold PVP (which builds communities in the way BGs wreck them).

15 vs 15 scenarios arnt MMORPGS they, go against what MMORPGs stand for and should be.

Sure have them in as a distraction, but having them as the focus is plain wrong imo. Really hope Mythic arnt selling out to gain more numebrs by copying WOW PVP format.

:(

IainC

Case, wonder if we can get a huge Guild Leader petition up to ask for Scenarios (aka WOW BGs) to be less prominent and for the focus to be on a true wrold PVP (which builds communities in the way BGs wreck them).

15 vs 15 scenarios arnt MMORPGS they, go against what MMORPGs stand for and should be.

Sure have them in as a distraction, but having them as the focus is plain wrong imo. Really hope Mythic arnt selling out to gain more numebrs by copying WOW PVP format.

:(

Wait till you see how it works ingame before you start a crusade. You may be pleasantly surprised by how it all hangs together. It's not WoW, it's WAR.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I know Iain ;]

Just 'nerves' working on me while we wait to get in and help test it ;)

I look forward to the day peoepl can laugh at me.

Seriously though, if I thought War wasnt goign to be great I wouldnt have spent so long doing the guild 'propaganda' thing for so many people...I cant wait.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Pfffft...

I won't believe it 'til I see it...

Gief invite :(

Tilda

Can someone just confirm to me what classes they had on show for you guys?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Black Orc (unless you're me..., in which case it's a Crash Orc :) psychic game-crashing powers ftw! - worked fine for everyone else)
Choppa
Shaman
Squig Herder
Zealot
Magus

vs

Ironbreaker
Hammerer
Runepriest
Engineer
Bright Wizard
Warrior Priest

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Days like yesterday remind me that I have the greatest job in the world. I'm very glad that so many people came to see us and we were able to show the game off to all the Warhammer fans at Gamesday.

Being a frothing GW fanboi means that Gamesday has been the highlight of my year for about as long as I can remember and this year was easily the best one yet. Being able to share my excitement about WAR is just the icing on the cake.
Hit on this by accident. Stomach turning considering whats happens to the DAoC servers you were custodian of. Hope you look after your new fad better than the old one....

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Hit on this by accident. Stomach turning considering whats happens to the DAoC servers you were custodian of. Hope you look after your new fad better than the old one....

How can you turn a thread thats about a Gamesworkshop run event, into a whine about how GoA handel DAoC? Is that even slighly on topic? :m00:

We all know about GoA and DAoC pretty much, if your going to whine about it, stick to the DAoC section, or start a new thread :touch:

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Perhaps it is relevant to remind people how the company that will be running WAR handled DAOC. Lest people get carried away with sacharine sweet promotional posts by one of the people who was a GM for a server that is now dead beyond recovery.

Poag

m00?
How can you turn a thread thats about a Gamesworkshop run event, into a whine about how GoA handel DAoC? Is that even slighly on topic? :m00:

We all know about GoA and DAoC pretty much, if your going to whine about it, stick to the DAoC section, or start a new thread :touch:

People with Axes to grind will grind them whereever they can :)

I have an image of Iains gravestone in some 60 years, it'll have a boot note saying "May have killed DAoC...also kills kittens, caused famines and pinched babies"

IainC

People with Axes to grind will grind them whereever they can :)

I have an image of Iains gravestone in some 60 years, it'll have a boot note saying "May have killed DAoC...also kills kittens, caused famines and pinched babies"

How did you know about the famines thing?

Yes I'm enthusiastic about WAR. I think it will be a fantastic game and it's certainly one that I have a lot of personal interest in given my background. I was also enthusiastic about DAoC. In fact I still am but in a private rather than a professional capacity nowadays.

As a player I'm unhappy with the way that things are going on Dyvet but it's somewhat naive and not particularly fair to lay the responsibility for the situation there on Goa or on me. I worked as hard as I could for the DAoC community as did many other people at Goa and I will continue to do so for WAR. I see no reason to apologise for that.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
i know holland is just as big as a toyota prius but will there ever be a gamesday in holland? eventhough we are small..have got like what.. 18 19 million people? as many as in Mexico city but hey..

we're all geeks:<

IainC

i know holland is just as big as a toyota prius but will there ever be a gamesday in holland? eventhough we are small..have got like what.. 18 19 million people? as many as in Mexico city but hey..

we're all geeks:<

Gamesdays are organised by Games Workshop and are usually done according to their different sales divisions - GW France, Italy Germany etc. There isn't a GW Holland so there's unlikely to be a Dutch Gamesday. For the time being you'll have to travel either to Paris, Koln or Birmingham for the nearest ones to you.

The eagle-eyed amongst you however will have noticed that we'll be in Copenhagen for the D3 show in a couple of weeks, so all you Scandinavian/Northern European types who want to have a crack should book your tickets now. We'll announce more details of what we'll have there pretty soon.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Gamesdays are organised by Games Workshop and are usually done according to their different sales divisions - GW France, Italy Germany etc. There isn't a GW Holland so there's unlikely to be a Dutch Gamesday. For the time being you'll have to travel either to Paris, Koln or Birmingham for the nearest ones to you.

The eagle-eyed amongst you however will have noticed that we'll be in Copenhagen for the D3 show in a couple of weeks, so all you Scandinavian/Northern European types who want to have a crack should book your tickets now. We'll announce more details of what we'll have there pretty soon.

you realise that's a whole 2 hour driving from here:p

k thanks for the info xD

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
shush, I went to Gamesday UK, which is an 8 hour drive from me and it's the same bloody country :p

(thankfully it's only an hour's flight ;))

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
shush, I went to Gamesday UK, which is an 8 hour drive from me and it's the same bloody country :p

(thankfully it's only an hour's flight ;))

8 hour drive? how fast can u drive in the uk? 60?

8 hours will get me to italy:p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
8 hour drive? how fast can u drive in the uk? 60?

8 hours will get me to italy:p

I was including breaks there (and assuming travelling with a kid so decent breaks ;))

Google maps has it at 5 hours 15 mins, 285 miles (458 km)

so about the same distance as it is to Frankfurt from you, but some slow roads involved (no autobahns ;) limit's 70 mph = ~110 kph) and the worlds biggest carpark (M6) :)

Nate

FH is my second home
He stops at every maccy d's he passes, so mucho duration increase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom