Games Games of 2011?

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
As im really busy doing nothing today I decided to find out whats around for 2011 for gaming and come accross this on youtube.

YouTube - Top 10 PC Games of 2011

Some really good games tbh.

Any games for 2011 you recommend or out at the moment?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Playing a fair amount of Fallout 3 - New Vegas when I am not playing WoW. Loving it so far, I think I am quite near to the end but there is so much that I have missed that it will no doubt get at least another play-through.

Can't say there is a great deal that I am looking forward to though, but then I don't really keep track of games coming out any more. The industry is so stale at the moment I just can't bring myself to get excited about anything as more often than not its some tepid console port.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I got BFBC2 Vietnam, but after discovering World of Tanks, I haven't played much else, tbh.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Still on fallout 3 myself, nowhere enar finished as it takes a day of full play to get a level ;)

Not to mention all the running away of evil monsties.

I'd recommend amnesia: dark descent, if i could play it long enough to form an opinion :D

New left 4 dead stuff ofcourse is on my wait list.

Helme

Resident Freddy
The Witcher 2 is the game I'm looking forward to most. I was excited for Dragon Age 2 but all they've shown so far has been utterly shit, and the devs seem determined to throw away all that made the first one good for more console sales.

Batman will probably be fun though, I loved the first one. Crysis 2 might be interesting from an "holy shit this looks good" standpoint but I'm abit worried what an urban game will do to the actual gameplay, what I enjoyed most in the first game(and Warhead) was the ability for the player to pick his own approach to every mission - sneak past? blast through? etc. Cities tend to play a lot more linear in games since you normally can't enter buildings and are limited to streets. Still we'll see.

On the MMO front there's a few major releases, only one really sparks my interest though - Guild Wars 2, they seem to be doing their own thing rather than attempting to copy WoW and looking at videos they've made a few very interesting design choices that might play out really well.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The only thing anyone needs to care about is Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution. Pre-order the Augmented version for under £40 from Amazon, comes with a bunch of cool goodies and it's limited.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The only thing anyone needs to care about is Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution. Pre-order the Augmented version for under £40 from Amazon, comes with a bunch of cool goodies and it's limited.

Hope they get this one closer to the original, that was one of the best games in a 10 year period.

Witcher 2 is looking nice and it has boobs galore with always adds 10% to any review score from me. :D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Everything I've seen and read suggests it'll be nearly identical to the first one in approach. They're desperate to get it like the first, all the previews etc. have pleased fans and press. Just hope the gameplay and narrative lives up to it, I'm fairly certain now it'll have the right approach.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Looking forward to Diablo 3 and Darksiders 2 (if darksiders 2 comes this year) and Dungeon Siege 3 which I believe is also this year.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
games? anyone for twister?

5675_2838_strip-twister-turns-ugly.jpg

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
L.A. Noire.
Dragon Age 2
Dead Space 2
Gears of War 3
Mass Effect 3

Sequeltastic.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Generic sequel quick-cash-in, i think i will not wait for it with such bleeding enthusiasm as others.

But a list i have:

Dungeons
Risen 2
Thief 4 (may not be released this year)
Elder Scrolls 5 (could be interesting)
L.A. Noire
Rage
The Last Guardian
XCOM

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
2007 was so much better than the 2008/9/10/11 cash ins, they just churn them out every year

megadave

I am a FH squatter
hopefully a fifa or pro evo that isn't shit for once, i'd be happy with that above all else

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well yeah, 256x256 texture pack would suggest a pack of textures that are 256x256, where as minecraft has barely viable 32x32 textures on it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom