gamecube games.

C

Ch3tan

Okay I haven't been bothered to read any console magazines for many years, and I have no idea who does reliable reviews online so can anybody tell me whcih of the luanch titles for the Gc are any good? Maybe link me to a site with reliable reviews.

O

old.mouse_on_mars

Have a gander at http://cube.ign.com/ sometimes their scores are a bit supect but their content is good.
I'm toying with getting a GC (or maybe a Panasonic Q :D ) and people have recommended Super Monkey Ball and Luigi's Mansion (although it's a bit easy to complete)

O

Ono

My marks on the games I bought:

Rogue Leader - 9/10

Supermonkeyball - 9/10

Waverace - 9/10

IMHO. They are superb through and through.

Really, I yanked the volume up on RL on my amp and it rox0rs!!

:clap: :clap:

O

old.UKTwister

digitiser werent too keen on waverace - 2/5

C

Custy

Does rogue leader have multiplayer (2-4)? it's only got 10 missions.

C

Custy

hmm no there isn't MP :/. Are the Missions quite large?

H

Hashmonster

just got waverace with mine - bloody rogue leader was £45! time for a visit to play.com methinks ;)

O

Ono

Originally posted by Hashmonster
just got waverace with mine - bloody rogue leader was £45! time for a visit to play.com methinks ;)

Good idea. £33 for RL.

May take some time to deliver though. :D

Digitiser know fuck all. WR was probably too difficult for them :rolleyes:

E

Embattle

WR isn't up to the standards of SMB but its a good play.

H

Hashmonster

right just ordered Rogue leader along with that huge memory card from Datel - as i think the standard one from nintendo is mega tiny...?

K

Kippa.

the bog standard one is 59 blocks. Most games take up 2-3 blocks

That datel one will probably use compresssion

Compression = Bad!

Just dont come crying when you lose all your saves :p

O

Ono

I ordered 2 x 4 Meg carts from Lik-sang (third party ones) at £7 each.

H

Hashmonster

hmmm i'm sure it's not compressed - description is as follows....

Giving you an incredible 64Mb of uncompressed, super-safe storage space. That's a massive sixteen times bigger than the official Nintendo memory card, but for only twice the recommended price (£29.99). With rave reviews on IGN.com (98%) and G-Force (98%), Mega Memory 16x is the only memory card you'll need.

so 16 of the standard memory cards for £17.99 which is pretty darn gooood :cool:

C

Ch3tan

I'm hopefully picking up a (black) GC, luigis mansion, rouge leader and a memory card for £160 tomorrow.

K

Kippa.

Originally posted by Ch3tan
I'm hopefully picking up a (black) GC, luigis mansion, rouge leader and a memory card for £160 tomorrow.

Where are you getting that from?!?!? :eek:

O

old.mouse_on_mars

Originally posted by Kippa2k2
That datel one will probably use compresssion

Compression = Bad!

Just dont come crying when you lose all your saves :p

I had a Datel N64 mem card. Bloody thing broke after a fortnight :mad:

H

Hashmonster

i had a datel one on my N64, brought it in 98 i think and is still going strong!

heh gorgeous :)

GC.jpg

M

ManDevil

My silver panasonic Q looks nice too :D Especialy with Resident Evil:rebirth on it :p

C

Custy

hmm, i preffere the purple box and black controller :/

N

nath

(back to rogue leader)

doesnt anyone else find the music a bit annoying? I mean some bits are from the film hence sound ok but other bits are cheap lameass bits that attempt to sound like johnwilliams and are fucking AWFUL.

anyone get pissed of with those bits too?

H

Hashmonster

Any signs of a decent racer on it's way for the cube? hoping it ain't gonna go the way of the N64 which struggled for Gran turismo style racers.

still want me mario kart tho :cool:

O

Ono

Apart from Mario Kart, Namco are going to release a "3D Racer" near the end of the year IIRC.

Diddy Kong Racing is also due.

O

old.xBaboon

I beleive I read somewhere that yet another Ridge Racer game is due as well :/

Rogue leader may only have 10 standard missions, but there are extra missions, unlockable craft, missions that change according to what time of day you play and it's just so damn cool that you're happy to go back and play again to get better medals. Oh yeah, there's an Ace mode and Endurance mode to unlock as well.

And I'll never get another unofficial memory card. N64 ones weren't the greatest, and I had a Logic3 one in the bundle with my cube. To cut a long story short, 4 days, 5 corrupt game datas and 1 format later I took it back and went up to an official one. Not one error so far. And Nintendo have an 8Mb card due for june too. I think the way to go is to put all your vital saves on a normal card then use a jumbo one in slot B for edit saves etc.

H

Hashmonster

rogue leader is the daddy - well good. sounds wicked too

Users who are viewing this thread