Game Slowdown then crash using DR client

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
Strange problem here , to start with it only happens when running DR client .

I'll be playing fine when my FPS will drop into the red , my HD starts thrashing , followed by a major slowdown of my whole comp , then DR either crashes or ld's .

Happens after 2-3 hrs of play and only with DR client , fine on Cata client and in all my other games .

System specs are :

AMD64 3000+
1.5gb ddr 400
ATI 9600pro 256mb
WinXP pro

I've checked for malware etc using Spybot S&D and Adaware , also run HIjack This , nothing out of place is showing .

Its not my Anti Virus as i have it disabled when i'm not actively browsing / dl .

Managed to check system resources during the latest one ( took 5 mins for it to appear though ), its showed full memory usage and 1.2gb of pagefile used ( does DR have a big memory leak ? ).

System isn't overheating , and only thing i can think of is a memory leak with the client . Anyone else got any ideas ?

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Could try using catalyst 5.2 drivers to see if that helps apparently they are concidered the most stable driver version for ati users with DR.

DR dosnt get along with my 9700 pro either the 5.2's didnt help any for me but others say it helps personally I just use atlantis client :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom