Game Playing Observations!

T

Thug

Likes and dislikes about DAOC!

Played the game now for about 2 years and these are my likes and dislikes along the way.

Likes first then:

Graphics - absolutely wonderful! Drew me to the game initially and probably still holds me here.

Characters: like to create and try out new ones for sure - and still like doing so.

Competition: caters for my every whim without being overly so. Got far more heated in UO where your enemy can talk freely to you. Then again is this good or not? - thinking about it how will you ever know who your enemy is - unless you talk to them on these forums?

Anything else - am already beginning to struggle?

Dislikes:

Travelling - ok sometimes but can get extremely tedious - infact get on a horse and go eat some food/make a cuppa/urinate etc - intime to get back to game as your alt arrives at it's destination? - eh? now come on!

Game balancing: now this i think is where the game has gone belly up and must be a real headache to DAOC creators. Infact they have lost control on this one for sure. They should have made everything available to all (clothing/specs etc ) and made it look different or something as opposed to being different - can't see them able to get around this mess!

Buffing: well i have been a user of this long before some others so i am as guilty as them - or more so - but to be honest i first of all had a 2nd account to help with crafting believe it or not!

Buffing again: this is the reason i gonna leave the game i think - cos i get this horrible feeling that DAOC creators are laughing behind my back - as they reach into my pocket to take more money off me per month! How many other online games is it necessary to have 2 active accounts running at the same time? 'I don't have a 2nd account so don't talk rubbish!' Hehe ok - lets see if you still talk like that after playing forra few months?

Speech and that bloody box: hated this from the start and still hate the way speech works! This enables people to be far more isolated than anything in my opinion. If someone talks in your vicinity then you should be able to read or hear it? - lets have some realism along the way!

Lack of countermeasures to spells/stuns/poisons etc: This also gets my goat. For any spell/poison put on you there should be something to counter it (anyone heard of cure potions?) - right from the off - not bloody rps that you only get months down the line. Hear mage types screaming about this? No need - a high level mage should wipe the floor with a low level any other type player full stop - but this hanging about mezzed for ages is a no goer and just shouldn't be!

Lots of other things about the game i also like and dislike but sure looks like my dislikes outnumber the likes by a long ways!

'OK, OK - bugger off then Certi and play something else!' Well could be i will soon and the above are my game dieing ramblings - hehe'

Certifiable (44 SB)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Having Cure Poison and Cure Disease potions might be a good idea though to be fair, all you need is a seer in group and you have access to these anyway. Would be handy for solo chars in RvR or peeps that want to go to places like Iiarnwood with its ridiculous 40 min disease mobs.

There are already a lot of countermeasures to things like stun and mez available as RAs.

Generally speaking, buffbots have slightly less effect when playing in a group. The advantage of these is lessened as a group will have access to buffs to spread around the team. The only difference is that instead of having a few buffs missing here and there you have a max buffed team. So if you object to having to own a bot to compete, switching to team based play might be a good idea. Could be that this isn't for you, I'm just generalising :)

Travel time does actually serve a purpose indirectly. It increases the length of time it takes a realm to respond to external threats and gives those that are attacking more of a chance. Generally though, I tend to agree - spending 10 minutes on a horse just travelling between xp zones can be annoying.

E

etaew

Originally posted by Thug

Speech and that bloody box: hated this from the start and still hate the way speech works! This enables people to be far more isolated than anything in my opinion. If someone talks in your vicinity then you should be able to read or hear it? - lets have some realism along the way!

i like the speech way it is.. u can broadcast in major areas.. speak on the guild channel, group, alliance, officers, chatgroup, you can say or yell in the area. .you can /whisper to people close you can even /send a pidgeon.. nothing too bad tbh

T

Thug

Speech box?

Well, maybe i been a bit harsh on that. Does take a long time to get used to it though - and initially got me killed loads of times - as when you go to do something and find you can't move cos you have started to talk! Dangerous!

Certi

L

living

Well its the Nerf's and lub's that ruined the game for me, mythic have this horrible way to completely ruin the class instead of making it in line with the others. Also the TOA items will be so freaking uber that soloing Prince's in DF will be a normal thing. One time back when DF arrived, doing umbroods solo was a nono, now evry savage will do em farily easy even unbuffed (and i know this cuz i played one) :>

A

Aremeriel

Originally posted by Thug 'I don't have a 2nd account so don't talk rubbish!' Hehe ok - lets see if you still talk like that after playing forra few months?

Hey.. I don't have a 2nd account, so don't talk rubbish... j/k :p
But, I don't.... And I've played since March, so more than a few months.. ;)

O

old.Filip

there is no good reason's for buff's other than more money to goa/myst

Buff dont give fun in any form or situation... buff lines should not have been in any char's ... would have made a better daoc..

(chant's etc are fine)

the horse riding... well i very very rarely do pve .. so for me it is oki i think..

but the argument with a huge responce time dont hold when you are bind'ed at pad..

Filip

Minser of HB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom