game not starting

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
hey, downloaded and updated WAR, i run patcher and when its done checking for updates, i hit play.. then nothing, the patcher shuts down and nothing happens. anyone know whats wrong?

Zedicus

Fledgling Freddie
When i tried to play after first installing the game, it told me "aethentication failed. Please re-enter your login credentials" - i know this is because i havn't entered my CD-Key, which in turn is because i don't have early access.

Just an idea, but if you don't have early access then that could be the reason, if you do have early access, then i have no idea sorry.

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
lol had directx 9.0c, updated it and it worked :p thx

ofpcarnage

Fledgling Freddie
whats the lastest version of direct X ? I installed the game with my dvd's but everytime I launch the game the patcher fails and tells me to try again later ???

pikeh

Resident Freddy
whats the lastest version of direct X ? I installed the game with my dvd's but everytime I launch the game the patcher fails and tells me to try again later ???

It might be that you are using the DVD version of the game which does not go live until tomorow.

Lefthand

Fledgling Freddie
I had this "directX" problem yesterday after I had my client crash or atleast the same symptom. I tried to update DirectX to the latest version from microsoft hp but it didnt help me, same problem. Then after a few hours I tried to change resolution to 1280x1024 on the screen and it started just fine. I dont know why, it sure worked when having desktop at 1080p an hour before when I logged in.. Just not anymore.

kelfin

Fledgling Freddie
Im having the same problem, difference is that ive got the direct x and it tells me theres a critical error

AtticAttak

Fledgling Freddie
What if you have Vista ?

Windows Vista uses Direct X 10 doesn't it ? I can't find anywhere to update that and when I click on the update direct X button on the game launch screen, nothing happens.

AtticAttak

Fledgling Freddie
I actually updated DirectX runtime from the Microsoft website now and the patcher still drops out to Windows as before.

AtticAttak

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't believe it, but this is the cause

I had this "directX" problem yesterday after I had my client crash or atleast the same symptom. I tried to update DirectX to the latest version from microsoft hp but it didnt help me, same problem. Then after a few hours I tried to change resolution to 1280x1024 on the screen and it started just fine. I dont know why, it sure worked when having desktop at 1080p an hour before when I logged in.. Just not anymore.

I was shocked to find out that changing the video resolution to 1280x1024 solves the problem as described and after clicking play it launches instantly.
:worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom