GAME.NET Style

xane

Fledgling Freddie
No, I am not being awkward*, but I did actually like the white on black style of the GAME.NET forums, so any chance we can include that ?

* a lie.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Anyone with any sense uses the BW Green.

:)

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
I think the BW one is nicer to read than the default one. But the GAME.NET one was HARDER!! (in a masculine kind of way, not how difficult it was to read, which it wasn't) Grrr. Probably a few people from GAME.NET forum came over here. Idea for the future.

Creature

Fledgling Freddie
stick to the good old BW green

i still got a black t-shirt with barrysworld on it. and thats written in this green

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'm certainly not going to be buying anything from Game anymore...

Imaboyo

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, It was auful :p I also imagine anything to do with the game.net colours have been burnt.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Actually the GAME one was imho as well easier to read, but the hell with having it here, maybe Freddy should be an entierly new colour scheme to just put all the old ghosts to rest?

(awaits flames)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Flames!

/me remembers that meg had a hand in the god awful theme at Gamesdomain, very NGUK alike (one for the irc thread :p), and should stay well out :)

The DAOC theme is here, don't see why Xane shouldn't get a high contrast theme.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Indeed, the existance of a high contrast theme is kinda good practice. Accessibility for users with genuinely poorer eyesight/crap monitors/Xane. However, this could just be my WebDev evangelist coming out again. Blame Jonty. ;)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If the colour scheme is to change I'd rather have a white background with blue writing than black and white...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not changing the scheme dys, but having more user selectable themes from the drop down menu at the bottom of the page.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ch3tan said:
Flames!

/me remembers that meg had a hand in the god awful theme at Gamesdomain, very NGUK alike (one for the irc thread :p), and should stay well out :)

The DAOC theme is here, don't see why Xane shouldn't get a high contrast theme.
Erm, i didn't? The GD theme was based on BT colours which were used in the replacement logo which had to be echoed throughout the site. I set up the layout the colour scheme was nothing to do with me.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
The worksafeness of Technation has been applauded in the past. Erm, you need to start licking your way up Jonty's leg for action on that though.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
With levels of jonty worship and Jonty loving(tm) at an all time high, I wouldn't think you would find it that difficult to get people to start licking their way up his leg.

D

Deadmanwalking

Ch3tan said:
With levels of jonty worship and Jonty loving(tm) at an all time high, I wouldn't think you would find it that difficult to get people to start licking their way up his leg.

Don't even try it. Im armed and have no idea how to use it.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
/me passes DMW an instruction manual (in TN blue and BW green for preference)

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Ch3tan said:
:eek: Damnit, who told...... er.....

*looks innocent*

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
fatbusinessman said:
:eek: Damnit, who told...... er.....

*looks innocent*

Yeah....
DSCN0164.JPG

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
We're already toying with a TN theme for the forums - ideally all clicks referred from TechNation would show the forums skinned with the TN look and feel as standard, and anyone who registered here coming from us to FH would have our skin as default...

All that of course means a few widgets and tweaks from the uber-codie types, i.e. Jonty & DBs, so don't expect anything in that area until the new year :)

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Xavier said:
All that of course means a few widgets and tweaks from the uber-codie types, i.e. Jonty & DBs, so don't expect anything in that area until the new year :)
<pedant>

So not within the next 72 hours then? :p

</pedant>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom