Game is "shut down"

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
Recently when Im playing the game is shut down randomly. What happens Im dropped to desktop.

No erroemessages, the game is just shut down.

Anyone have a clue what is the most common reason for this ? I do have preoblems with random reboots aswell.

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
might of already done it but have you checked that you fire wall hasnt blocked camelot?

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Stunned,

This happened to me for the very first time last night also...

No ld, no lag, no apparent reason.. one minute playing fine, next I'm in Windows.

I'll keep an eye on it, and if it happens again I'll post so we can compare notes.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Can be caused by PC Overheating.

Do you have you Error Messaging system turned off ? as I did when I turned it on my Problem was Error Message Game.dll 0.1.5.2 Which I am still getting and Still can't Sort it out even through Rightnow.

I Changed Graphics card this week gonna get new Ram maybe it will sort it but I check see if You Error Messaging is on tho.

Soulja

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Soulja_IA_ said:
Can be caused by PC Overheating.

Do you have you Error Messaging system turned off ? as I did when I turned it on my Problem was Error Message Game.dll 0.1.5.2 Which I am still getting and Still can't Sort it out even through Rightnow.

I'm getting the exact same thing on one of our machines.
We have had new mobo,power supply,cooling checked out(which was fine) and have run a series of memtest and Virus checks all to no avail.
I found a microsoft update file on the gfx Card which is the oldest thing in the comp and is a Geforce 4800Ti,We thought all problems would be answered but still getting error message or just back to desktop.
It's a second computer in the house so don't really wanna shell out on decent gfx card but I think this is my only option now as it's so frustrating to be playing and Ka-boom.
Weird thing is it can go days and playing DoaC for hours and hours and not do it at all(thus me thinking problem resolved)
Then other days like today every 5 minutes or so :twak:

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Have found Problem started after that little patch we downloaded a short while back.Have also Found that it doesn't happen in Housing ? only when I enter other Zones don't even have to do anything just stand there doing nothing causes it to Crash for no reason,

Well tried new Graphics card and now Going to put new Ram in Hoping this will sort it out.Dam game works Fine on my Old Pc but this 1 is only 7 months old and been on/off Problems with it since Christmas with this game always after small patches they do :(

Soulja

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
my irl m8 had the same prob the other night, he was shut right to desktop without a simple warning.. while duoing, in the middle of a fight.. kinda annoying, and im totally sure its not the fault of his pc.(kinda nasa personal edition :p )

Comos

Loyal Freddie
ye I had the same prob too a few times, sometimes I got an error message, sometimes it just closed. This happened on different pc's so it must be some bug still

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
What Error message are you all getting ?? mine is game.dll.0.1.5.2 on Camelot exe. and this is what I keep getting nothing else just that.

I Also went /Rightnow answer from there was reinstall/drivers/run 16bit mode etc sent dxdiag logs and they couldn't help.

I Be interested if any 1 who has this or who Had and sorted it could help out.

Thursday I will be trying out new Ram (Fingers Crossed) Hope that will sort it.

Soulja

Shadoo

Fledgling Freddie
not sure if this helps but i had a similiar problem but with another game, it is caused by over heating and ram shortages, you can download things that help monitor your ram and keep its useage at sade levels, try searching for ram savers in google

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
Happens to me continuously on ToA client, in ToA land. No error, no reason, just back to desktop. Luckily Catacomb client is marginally better, and it doesn't just quit to desktop, admittedly it occasionally gives me a proper crash now, but thats rarer than the old CTD's!

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Crash to Desktop is a common thing really.

[ https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=49076&highlight=memtest ]
[ https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=47542&highlight=memtest ]

Try the things i mentioned in the above threads, particularly the second thread. I kinda tried helping sneakies with this but got caught up with other stuff and never sorted it (talk to me on msn sometime to remind me if its still a prob mate)

If you're still having problems let me know in pm and ill see what i can sort

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
well catacombs client made playing daoc a viable option again, so im more than content to have daoc work for 3 days, and then crash 3 times in one night.

Compared to logging in, and quitting to desktop after 5 mins, its a vast improvement ;)

Eitherways hope you get it sorted stunned. Take it from a guy that couldnt play ToA till catacombs that i know just how frustrating it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom