Game Improvements @ #jk2mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zey

A Very Kind Coder has offered to give this a go for me, His name is Dest and is an excellant Coder. Currently producing a Double Saber MOD, which owns all ;)

So Thanks Dest if you get a chance to do this.

Saber Combat Improvement Ideas :p

Shields Should not affect the damage by a saber, As Saber is a Melee weapon. Only guns should be affected by Shields.

Saber Values:

Light Stance:
Damage - Head 80hp, Body 60hp, legs or arms 20hp
Speed - Reduce to 1.02 speed
Block Rate - 100% block to front

Medium Stance:
Damage - Head 100hp, body 80hp, legs and arms 30hp
Speed - Same as 1.04
Block Rate - 90% block to front

Heavy Stance:
Damage - Head 100hp, body 100hp, legs and arms 80hp
Speed - Same as 1.04
Block Rate - 70% block to front

This will balance out the Sabers and make them more like the film. It will Also make Sabers the better weapon to use because if you get too close, you'll end up like Fett in Ep2 :p

Hit Specific Actions

Jk2 does have the function to have different actions for different parts of the body being hit.

Legs - If a leg is hit using a saber, the player will fall over. Same as a kick knock down or push/pull knock down.
Arms - Saber will be dropped and player will have to pick it back up to use, so Saber will have to move away from player who drops it.

Additional Add Ons

Darth Maul Kick: Incase players lose their saber, there could be a Darth Maul style kick (not the current ingame one) that could be bound to a key to use at any time (but only with 9hp damage)

Double Saber Stance
If Dest finishes his Double Saber stance and moves, it could be combined to my Ideas.

E.g. When a player dies, he drops his saber that stays as an object for 10 seconds.... If someone picks it up they can have the option of switching to the Double Saber Stance (which could use the same values as Light stance)

But it's Dest's Baby so thats up to him :) Good luck mate :)

Thanks again Dest if you get the time to do this :)

I'll Post more as more ideas flood to me :)

Everyone else is welcome to post ideas.

btw, my ideas are copywrite :p so if you want to use them, at least gimme so credit :)

Ta

Zey

R

RSO:Gray

what about exscution style kills like when you defeat a player in privet duel the defeated player will not die but weaken like fall to his/hers knees so you can perform a FINISHING move like Mortal Kombat style say jump over to your opnent and slice there head of in a tenchu Style kill hey i just want tenchu on my PC that game Rox

I DONT WANT ANOUTHER TFC CLONE ON JK2 or ANOUTHER CS style Game THAY BOTH SUCK ASS NOW

Z

Zey

Gray, this is an fps game, not Console Fighting game.... But i get ur point :) Maybe it can be added to dueling :)

R

i was talking about duel only there btw
maybe some more blood could be fun too cos no FPS isnt compleat with out GIB isnt it :p JK2 dose it with out the GIB

M

mike-c

Originally posted by R.S.O:Gray
i was talking about duel only there btw
maybe some more blood could be fun too cos no FPS isnt compleat with out GIB isnt it :p JK2 dose it with out the GIB

To quote from the JK2 source code...

Code:
// NOTENOTE No gibbing right now, this is star wars.
qboolean doDisint = qfalse;

:D

R

excuse my languge please
just **** the swear words if there ofencive

Z

Zey

Originally posted by mike-c

To quote from the JK2 source code...

Code:
// NOTENOTE No gibbing right now, this is star wars.
qboolean doDisint = qfalse;

:D

hehe :)

Aye Grey, there is already a bloody MOD if you want something like this :)

I'm more interested in making it like Star Wars, not move it away from it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom