Game Exclusive broken

J

Jerico

Just chatting to a few m8s, and someone i know who lives in sweden bought eve from a shop, where it should not be out. Game had world exclusive for first week then european exclusive for first month.

So this swedish shop is selling it over a week early and i thought it would be good to let the big bosses at game know cuz i dont think this sorta exclusive comes cheap...

if im wrong then sorry but thats what i know. just thought i would help out as i work for you guys :)

E

Embattle

Actually it was worldwide for first week exclusive and then only the UK for one month.

J

Jerico

not what it says on game website, says european exlusive for first month,

We have a UK retail exclusive for the first month - so get it with us first! You can buy Eve Online title from GAME from 06/05/03, whereas you won't be able to buy it anywhere else in Europe until 06/06/03.

F

Fafnir

Well the store i bought my eve in here in sweden imported their games from a store in England.

R

Rah

The Game website is wrong. They did not have any kind of worldwide exclusive. They have a UK exclusive for a month, that's it.

S

skout

lol

15th May -

i went into Game Oxford Street London and they had not got the game and the 2 staff i spoke to had never heard of it.

i got mine from mail order in the uk 'special reserve' in Harlow the next day. So much for Game exclusive.

E

evilmonkeh

i bought mine from gameplay yesturday..
i dont think what game had was a special deal, just they were under the impression they were getting it early or something..

R

Rah

GAME do have an exclusive, Gameplay are importing it from elsewhere and selling on :)

K

Kieron

GAME have an exclusive in Europe for the first month of release - this is with the distributor rather than the publisher.

We have GAME stores in Sweden so the game could be purchased from them.

We are aware that some stores have imported 'gray market' copies from the US - which are US versions, and these companies are being approached directly as they have breached the terms of their contracts with the distributor.

Best

Kieron

Users who are viewing this thread