Game effects slowly deteriorate.

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone else get this problem?

After a few hours of playing i slowly start to lose the games effects. I have everything maxed out so when i first get in the game looks great.

After about 2 or 3 hours i start to lose other player effects, so i cant see any flashy stuff coming from their hands. Then its like a virus, i then lose the markers over npc's so i cant see the new quest or completed quests, Then i start to lose all my player effects so by the end i have no effects whatsoever.

I've never seen anything like this before in a game.

:(

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
Memory leaks.

Restarting the client/computer will fix it... temporarily.

VivaLaDan

Fledgling Freddie
Yea I think it's memory leaks causing this too. It's also the reason for degraded performance after a while of play.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Does anyone else get this problem?

After a few hours of playing i slowly start to lose the games effects. I have everything maxed out so when i first get in the game looks great.

After about 2 or 3 hours i start to lose other player effects, so i cant see any flashy stuff coming from their hands. Then its like a virus, i then lose the markers over npc's so i cant see the new quest or completed quests, Then i start to lose all my player effects so by the end i have no effects whatsoever.

I've never seen anything like this before in a game.

:(

One of our lads had this issue and was running an Nvidia graphics card. There's a set of new drivers out 1.75 - http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html (8800 version linked)

These have solved his issues and I noticed my game runs alot smoother since I installed them a couple of days ago. The fella who had issues had exactly what you had - fine for an hour and noticed gradually reducing performance until eventually he'd get the black screen of death.

he's not had any of those issues since he installed those drivers so my advice is check your manufacturers beta driver site and try a set of new drivers.

M

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I had a crash/reboot last night using vista 64 and nvidia 7600gt so I upgraded my gfx driver to the newest available... started stuttering then :(

Seriously though, I would definitely suggest getting the latest drivers and working from that point to resolve the problem.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
The drivers don't make any difference and re-logging/restarting the PC isn't an option for some on busy servers unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom