Game.DLL

MrBic

Part of the furniture
having some wierd thing with my game.dll,
If is start the game and then check in task manager I see that the game file is using 99% of my cpu and this make me lag,unable to listen to music in the background and if i dual log i cant use stick at all.
Ive tried almost everything i could think of,searched forums for some help but nothing.
Ive formatted my HDD's completely and reinstalled win xp,drivers and then daoc to see if it was any program i had installed that was causing it.
Updated all drivers,defragged.
Installed win98 and tried that and didnt have this problem then but since win98 is crap (imo=P ) I decided to install win xp again and hoped that the problem was magiclly gone but it wasnt.

setup ive got is: (cheapo comp after lightning struck my old one :( )
Motherboard: VIA K8T800: Chaintech SK8T800
CPU: Processor AMD Sempron 3300 BOX
Video card: Radeon 9250 AGP
got 2 HDD's c: is a 60gb where i have win installed and D: is a 200gb where daoc is installed

All i can think of atm

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
I had something similar once where I had actually bumped a stick of ram slightly out of place. PC was actually only reporting 512mb instead of 1 gb and at the time i was using DR client and everything was incredibly slow (zoning, lag in cap city, load times). Probably not of help but anyway just thought id say it on the chance it might :)

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Game.DLL always uses 99% of the available CPU.

If you dual log, the active one will grab 99% of the CPU and often the other will go LD unless you do something in the inactive client like move and re-apply /stick.

If I remember right, the reason it grabs all the available CPU time goes back to the days when Mythic deliberately made the game crash if you pressed ALT+TAB - a bit of a weird idea to stop -people form cross-realming with ICQ et al.

The thing I find most intriguiing is that Win98 seems to be able to get around most of the dual logging, and task lagging problems. If you can be bothered, install Windows 98 as well as your current OS and then use that to play DAoC as you'll find performance will increase in most ways.

MrBic

Part of the furniture
reason I posted this was cause it wasnt alway like this.. on old comp i could listen to music while dual logging without getting this freaky lag. same on this comp for about a month then this shite started.
the lag is shown on middle icon on the ping thingy =D and it last for 5s ever 10s so its annoying as hell.. and the music in the background begins to lag aswell.
And on second comp its never close to 99% cpu usage.. its more like 40-50%.
Also its the same in every game I play. both online and single player games which is the reason I dont think it have something to do with daoc :drink:

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Okay, well it just sounds to me like something else is going on in the background that's making your HD whirr and buzz, causing DAoC to go insane and grab all the avaiable CPU time to compensate. I had this many times, usually have too much crap running when I get it - bit torrent, music, film, etc etc :)

I wish my DAOC would use 50% - on every PC (four) and each OS I've tried (three) it always takes 99% :mad:

I'm assuming you've done all the usual nonsense like run spybot etc.... if not, I'll tell you a BRILLIANT malware remover that sorted my PC so much. Ewdio - I can guarantee you it will find stuff every other spyware proggy misses and even finds rootkits and some trojans. I'd give it a go, it might help.

Download it here
http://www.ewido.net/en/
Install, update, reboot to safe mode and run a proper scan.

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
RS|Phil said:
The thing I find most intriguiing is that Win98 seems to be able to get around most of the dual logging, and task lagging problems. If you can be bothered, install Windows 98 as well as your current OS and then use that to play DAoC as you'll find performance will increase in most ways.
I forgot about that, but yeah you are right! i remember now that win98 handled dual logs effortlessly.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Thats the beauty of 98, it takes so little from your system you can run games a lot faster, and with a install file of only 128MB its space effective, just remeber use XP for the net and other stuff, 98 falls over easily, but is easy to repair as it installs in a few mins flat on a modern pc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom