Game Difficulty

N

Nightchill

Is there anyone that isn't finding the game amazingly easy? I realise there's a difficulty slider but I'd expect the game to come with at least some challenge. "Very difficult" monsters die extremely quickly. Thoughts?

B

bigfoot

I play the game on easy (im a wuss) and although there is probably some nerdy D&D explanation i do find it odd that characters i take ages to kill and often kill my henchmen are apparently "effortless" whilst some more sterner monsties are dead without causing me any damage but are ranked "Impossible".

N

Nightchill

aye :)
I know one of the main reasons that can happen is due to the monster type.

Take an Elk Warrior, effortless, but since they're either fighters or barbarians, they're getting d10 or d12 hd. So have a fair few hp. Each one seemed to have about 100 when I was fighting them (at level 16).
Now, take a Lich, if you can get into melee straightaway you're going to win. A Lich is "impossible" but it has d4 hd (since it's wizard class) and has very little melee abilities. Every time it tries to cast you get an AoO (which is a free attack) so in a short time, no more Lich :)

Seems a bit of a shame, they just need more hardy followers who you can't get round. Saying all that, I had a long fight against that White Dragon in chapter 4. My silly cleric (who I'd told to stand her ground) ran up to heal me and died *rolls eyes* but managed to kill the dragon after a good 5 minutes.

I'm a tad concerned over this due to the campaign I'll be running over the next few months. I'm almost doubling/tripling the monsters since I expect a party of 4 to function well (fighters covering mages etc.) and when it's zombies.. you can throw in as many as you want and the PCs can have a running battle ;)

X

Xtro

err. remind me to avoid you when you need players then Nightchill...joke ;)

lemme know whenever you want a game m8.

P

- Pathfinder -

You can edit the effective character levels to make the game harder; believe me, if the game believes your lv 10 fighter is a lv 20 powerhouse, it'll make things... interesting ;)

For a challenge, play a less combat suitable class (fighter based classes can walk through this game without any problems; the lack of Mantle type spells etc for mages is insane, and Knockdown is seriously overpowered).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom