Game Crashing

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 27, 2004
Messages
438
Game worked fine until tonight, then suddenly i get Game crash and the message 'this game has encountered an unexpected error' then i find out its not just me but lots of people its happening too.
Anyone know what's changed thats causing this?
 

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Feb 21, 2004
Messages
5,890
Had quite some people I grouped with crash due to that error, I believe most (if not all) use cata client, which might be bugged somehow.
 

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 27, 2004
Messages
2,932
I made a post about this yesterday:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=63209

It seems a LOT of ppl are experiencing it when using the catacombs client but its a lot less when using the ToA client but still has happened to me 3-4 times today tho.

It only seemed to start on saturday morning and with so many ppl having it im presuming its something server side.
 

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
439
Happends to me aswell. It works fine all morning, then around 14.00-15.00 it starts crashing to desktop.
 

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
May 24, 2005
Messages
103
Just reveived this from GOA --

Hello,

Thank you for your report.

We are aware of the crash to desktop problem. It seems to be affecting a small but significant amount of people.

We are working with Mythic on a fix for this problem. However, it will be fixed in next weeks patch and because both our and Mythic's technicians are busy on preparing for that it's very unlikely that a fix for this problem will be released before that patch.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
 

Gamah

Banned
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
13,042
Bikkus said:
We are aware of the crash to desktop problem. It seems to be affecting a small but significant amount of people.
Small but sigificant eh! :p
 

Rorvag

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
3
I have found that my daoc crashes only when warlocks are near. Dont know what it can be but crashed like 4 times today and always a warlock involved.
 

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
1,098
Good news, as its fixed next patch, theres no point fixing it now
and its happened to me too in toa client :/

Bikkus said:
Just reveived this from GOA --

Hello,

Thank you for your report.

We are aware of the crash to desktop problem. It seems to be affecting a small but significant amount of people.

We are working with Mythic on a fix for this problem. However, it will be fixed in next weeks patch and because both our and Mythic's technicians are busy on preparing for that it's very unlikely that a fix for this problem will be released before that patch.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
 

Causes_Chaos

Banned
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
160
Rorvag said:
I have found that my daoc crashes only when warlocks are near. Dont know what it can be but crashed like 4 times today and always a warlock involved.
Yeah its not the servers, its the locks RR5 ability, ''LD ur opponants so your friends can kill it easier,'' its a 3500 range targeted AoE... however the ToA client has some problems with having this happening to it, as it gives the player a natural resistance against this spell... its an instantly recastable insta spell... and its being changed in the next patch to be a GTAoE that doesnt require a LoS just to save the lock the posibility of being hit... why are mythic so unfair?! :(
 

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
1,440
Now now, you wouldn't want the warlock to hurt his toe, he might accidentally throw all his chambers at you..
 

Causes_Chaos

Banned
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
160
Deepflame said:
Now now, you wouldn't want the warlock to hurt his toe, he might accidentally throw all his chambers at you..
I'll remember not to try so shove my shield in his face... OH SHIT... crashed again... :clap:



/edit: has any 1 noticed... the crashes happen around the Moat keeps... started happening to us when we were takin maelstoms keep... happend at eras- both moat keeps, havent bee to hibs one... just a coincidence:confused:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom