Galladoria Raid , Saturday 30 sept, 1930 CET

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
After the last Galla raid I held, I'd said I would do another. This is it.

For those that weren't there: We started the dungeon on a full repop, with only a few Conservator adds cleared. We went in with a little over 3 fg. We killed 6 bosses. We got wiped nearly twice. We killed all the primals ( despite not having a single ranger or shade) and got Olcasgean to 50% with only 1 peep killed before the 4 bosses we left alone due to time constraints zerged and killed us. And after a long lotto cause of all the loot, we were done by 2330 CET.
I'd call that a very successfull raid and this time I want to do better.
I want Olcasgean dead, not surviving by the skin of his teeth.

For this raid I want as many of the boss adds killed beforehand, so we won't use up as much time as we did last time killing trash.
To this end I need a fully repopped dungeon by 1330 CET and 2-3 farm teams eager to start clearing the way. So we have a dungeon nearly empty of trash and lots of time to devote to killing bosses.

In order to have a fully repopped dungeon by 1330 CET on Excalibur, I ask that you refrain from starting a farm on EXCALIBUR Galladoria from 1.30 CET saturday night/early morning.

Plz let me know if you can bring a farm team for trash clearing ( all the loot you get is yours ofc).

I will copy & paste the tatctics for the two hardest encounters, along with some refinements, later.

Hope to see you all there.

Danita

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
i'll try to offer a char for farming in advance (chanter or ment or ani) but i'll need buddies :p

i'll be @ raid with enli again prolly ^^ or ani if there is a shortage

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Sign me up! If real life doesnt throw anything bad my way ill help with voidy and a farming duo.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
will try to make it and can prolly join a cleaning team if anyone need any of my toons

Nephilia

Loyal Freddie
Count me in! And I can bring either BM,Hero, bard, druid, eld, animist, NS for cleaning the dungeon aswell.

Neph

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Aroon tactics

The tactics to deal with Aroon, first some general info:

I know most UI's have an in built map, but I'll give you this link to a cleanmap anyway, for those that haven't installed the SI maps.

The hardest of the pre-bosses is without a doubt Aroon.
On this map Aroon is located at " 10", he has normal mob adds with him.

Unlike the other bosses, Aroon has a very large aggro range. So before we start this encounter 1 puller will pull those adds to the zerg, which will stay a good distance away ( at the corridors that run around him prolly)

When the encounter starts Aroon summons nine additional adds to him.
As he summons those adds he turns nearly completely invulnerable to any attack.
If the encounter is still fixed, he won't summon another batch of adds, when the first is too far away from him, but we'd better not take any chances.

Those nine adds each represent 1 damage type. So when 1 add is killed, Aroon can be hit by the corresponding damage type.
However only 1 of those Adds can be hit, the others are also invulnerable until the 1 that can be hit is killed. Then another turns vulnerable, but the rest remains invulnerable, etc.

The order in which those adds have to be killed is:
Corp
Spiorad
Ropadh
Damhna
Fuinnramg
Bru
Fuar
Teas
and the last Scor

Because Aroon may summon another batch of adds when there's no add near him, we will NOT kill Scor.

The tactics if we have a ml-rush sized raid:

Because this a Galla raid, there will be numerous LOS bugs in the corridors.
So setting up a shroom camp just anywhere may not work.
After the normal adds have been killed, we will edge the zerg towards Aroon and get as close to the crossroad immediately in front of him, to set up camp.

As soon as the encounter starts, some of those adds will pop almost on top of the camp. When 1 gets aggroed, it's almost impossible to not get all 10 mobs aggro you.

So we will have to deal with 10 high purple mobs at the same time, the adds hit for 300-500 iirc, Aroon hits for 600-800 iirc.
You can not control those adds, as you can't taunt them. So it's extremely important that the zerg stay near the shrooms with the add we have kill, to have the benefit of their damage and to-hit.
Those who have Aroon aggro and not-killable-Add aggro will have to kite them a short distance away from the zerg, so that the add that can be killed, gets killed in seconds. Then the next killable add gets brought back to the shroom pile etc etc.
Kiting them to the end of each branch of the crossroad should be far enough for the shrooms to focus on the mob that has to be killed.

Remember we DON'T kill the last add, it might bug the encounter.
After Aroon dies we will kill any remaining Add.

The tactics for ~ 4fg's:

As witnessed last raid, 10 purple mobs will overwhelm us. So we'll try and control pulling the mobs.
We will kill the "normal" adds as described above.
When those are dead, we will go back to the corridor that runs along his lair and set up camp east of the tunnel that leads to Aroon.

Then we'll assign 1 ungrouped puller/kiter and 2-3 tanks as secondary pullers.
Before the Kiter pulls any mob, the secondary pullers each target one of the first 3 mobs that have to die. The secondary pullers go back to the corridor in front of the kill camp, while keeping their targets. Then the kiter pulls them, if all goes correct the whole bunch will start to chase him. The kiter will pull them west and will start to do a loop along the corridor. As the mobs come out of the Aroon tunnel and pass the secondary pullers, they each pull their mob off the kiter and bring them IN ORDER to the kill camp. When those 3 adds have died, either the kiter dies or lets the mobs deaggro and we do it again etc.

Danita

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
id like to come :) last time i was in a galla raid was when xfear run em :)

i can supply a ranger, ns, void eld :p

allso ill be bringing my druid of d00m along :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Voidies not needed?

I came to the conclusion on the last raid that void mages where not as needed as they used to be, Ive now respecced back to light and will come as that probably. Heres my reasons, for those thinking of bringing a void mage.

a). Void used to be good for doing damage to all creatures, GTAOE always hits for 100ish regardless of what you target. With enough shrooms around though any spell will hit, I found myself doing cap damage with baseline spells, and not really touching GT for the main raid.

b). Void used to kick ass for doing air and fire, In fact it was the only way. These days it seems that thrown weapon can achieve the same effect. I used to like being the centre of attention with my own demezzer and nightshade distracting air, but it seems that isnt really needed any more :(

c). Void is useless for Aroon as GT just hits everything, better off with baseline DD.

Void is still an excellent choice as a debuffer, and we should bring a 50 spec void mage along to spam out debuffs. But if you have a lowbie or sub 50 spec void mage that you where thinking of bringing , well ... maybe bring an anni or something with thrown weapon instead?

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
On to the last part:

Some information on the terrain and the mobs.

The Final Encounter is reached through a corridor from the large lake.The Chamber is circular with an island in the middle and a moat running around it.
The moat is a bit lower than the island and is filled with vortices that damage any1 in them.
You can climb out of the moat on Roots at the NW, NE, SE and SW edges of the island
When the encounter is active the last bit of the corridor, turns into a teleport to the island.
The corridor and the island are linked with a root bridge that passes through a waterfall. The waterfall can hinder your visiblity quite a lot.
The bridge is safe from any damage, except the water primal.

The Mobs:

Water Primal is a normal melee mob. When his health reaches 10% he wants to run away though and regenerate, to come back for another round.
Depending on the size and make up of the raid, we will either fight him inside the chamber, or well outside it, before the corridor turns into a teleport.

Fire Primal is a big Flame, that walks on the island in a clover pattern. All he does is drop a fire trail.
But when a bomblet is tripped, it unleashes an AE attack. He does not use any other magic or melee attack, other than a damage shield.
There are only 4 spots on the island safe from his ae damage, the middle of each clover leaflet.

Earth Primal is sort of a BD type of mob. He melees, he has a long duration AE root and he has 4 healer pets that are stationary.

Air Primal is a cloud that flies along the edge of the island. He does long duration Ae Stun, AE mez and a weak single target DD.
He is quite a weak mob, a lot of patches ago he only had less than 2000 hits.

The fight:
Most is a copy from the last raid, I've added some experiences from the last raid italized.
The most important bit: The bridge is our main camp. Unless you are told to otherwise, you stay on it.

Earth is an annoying mob that can slow a raid down a lot. But he can be neutralized fairly easy.
I hope there will be a small grp with a tank and a healer that can keep Earth aggro, and then go on the bridge so Earth won't melee any1 and keep him there.
If some1 else manages to get and hold Earth aggro he has to GO on the BRIDGE and STAY there and DISBAND from his grp if he doesn't loose aggro.
If he stays in grp earth will run after his grp members as soon as they try to step off the bridge.

There will be 1 main groundtarget for the GTAE.

After we kill Water. I will mark the safe spots on the island with fop/foh/SW from available convokers and perfecters.
For Fire only shades, LW heroes/champs, Vw's and voidies are allowed on the island, with a croc bard and some healing if out of range from the bridge.
Shades will use distract from a safe position, then the voidies will use GTAe to kill him. The LW and scythe rear styles have a good to decent chance of hitting him as well.
Lw taunt also hit fairly well, so I'll allow any melee to also hit him, provided he has decent heat resists/buffs and enough heals. If you die lots trying to mleee him, you have no business meleeing him.
So they are allowed to use those.
Depending on the quality of the distracting and the number of voidies, he should die reasonably quick.

With Fire out of the way we'll have a lot more room to use on the island.
So for Air we will set up quite a bit away from the bridge ( and earth).
For Air Shades, voidies, demezzers and a few ranged attackers are allowed on the island.
Air moves quite fast and at such an altitude that he's almost impossible to melee effectively.
Shades use distract and Voidies GTAe. If Air escapes from distract the few ranged attackers keep it in combat to prevent regeneration.
Using different tactics I couldn't manage 1 melee hit on Air. However our sole VW hit almost everytime with Throw weapon, hitting for about 50 a pop, effectively soloing it.

Earth:
We can't kill the Primal until all his menders are dead.
So until those menders are dead, he is kept at the bridge by his aggro holder.

Meanwhile almost ever1 else has a job to do on the island now.

The Guardian mender can be attacked by Heroes, Champs and Bm's
The Shadowy mender can be attacked by Rangers and Shades.
The Magical mender can be attaccked by Elds, Chanters and Menta's.
The Natural mender can be attacked by Bards, Druids and Wardens.
If any1 else attacks either of these menders he will trigger an insta heal.

But there are exceptions. You can attack any mender if you use a bow. Ani's and Vw's can LT any menders.
Bains and vamps aren't allowed to attack any mender, as I don't want to find out if they trigger an insta heal or not. Bain seemed to trigger insta heals from the Magical mender.
As the menders heal each other a bit as well, we will attack them all at once, so the 1 getting the most damage doesn't get all the heals. The Champs on the guardian, shades on shadowy, bard and druids on Natural and every1 else on Magical.
Then we shift to the guardian mender, then the shadowy and finally the Natural.
We had no rangers and no shades with us. In hindsight the mender receiving the most damage does get the most heals. However this meant that the ones getting little damage receive almost no heal. As a consequence the Shadowy Mender died first, soloed by our VW, the Magical died last.
We did try shrooms to improve the to hit, but they triggered insta's by the dozen.

After the menders die we will set up a camp we will use to kill both Earth from and Olcasgean.

All shrooms will be set at my GT.
We will shroom to full and maintain this even after Earth dies ( use low lvl fnf's if neccessary).
We will pull Earth, he should die really quick if we're anywhere near the zone cap.
This last bit is correct, but only if mages can hit him. He has about 85% melee resists, seeing 15 (-85) is a bit dishartening. So just meleeing will take a while.

Then Olcasgean will start his speech and 20-30 seconds later he will pop. Now is also the time we find out if we killed all the bosses and their boss adds. If we didn't ,they will come to the chamber to help Olcasgean.

Olcasgean is 2 legs from a huge tree with a connected hitpoint pool.
We will concentrate all the damage on 1 leg, to break the to-hit code on that leg.
If we can maintain shrooms at zone cap and keep every1 rezzed we should win easily.
If not it will take a while.

About the Lotto: If he drops an End or Mana necklace, only ppl with a confirmed FULL set of galladoria armor can lotto for it.
So show it to me before the raid.

I hope to see some of you at 1330 CET for the pre clearing.
The rest I hope to see at 1930 CET at Necht Excalibur, bind at necht

For the Galla farmers: Plz don't farm Galla/Exc after 1.00 tonight. A repop in the middle of the clearing or the big raid, is not a nice thing.

Danita

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Raid cancelled.

Both dungeons were started this morning, pryd at 9 ish and excal around 10-1030.
This gives us not enough time to deal with the bosses, even if all the adds and some bosses are dead.

Danita

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
Bah, when will you try this again? Never been really deep inside galla yet, wanna see the badass mobs.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
I don't know if I'll bother trying this again.
Ppl just don't seem to read the boards anymore.
And if they do, they don't care enough to not cross someone.

Danita

Teraka

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Danita.

I for one am very disappointed that the raid can't go ahead but would like to thank you for at least trying to get this up and running. I can't say I'm surprised that some people didn't heed your plea for restraint because the new drop rates just encourage selfishness unfortunately.

Please consider trying to reschedule?

Teraka

Ceraniel

Loyal Freddie
Teraka said:
Hi Danita.

I for one am very disappointed that the raid can't go ahead but would like to thank you for at least trying to get this up and running. I can't say I'm surprised that some people didn't heed your plea for restraint because the new drop rates just encourage selfishness unfortunately.

Please consider trying to reschedule?

Teraka

What he said, really thankful that you tried Danita..... Unfortunately some people are plainly disrespectful to the larger population

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Would there be enough interest if I tried to do this on say this Thursday?

I guess I have less to fear from early morning weekend warriors who see an open Galla and noone in it, just the regular farmers to content with.

Danita

Teraka

Fledgling Freddie
Reno said:
Would there be enough interest if I tried to do this on say this Thursday?

Much like many others I work during the week and can't guarantee attendance on any week day, and certainly never before 7pm UK (8pm CET). However since the dungeon doesn't repop except every 12 hours there isn't any reason why myself and any other latecomers couldn't just catch the main raid up as soon as possible on our return.

Only difficulty I see is still being able to validate when the dungeon is right for plucking. Other than that I suggest going for it once more.

Of course I'm not objective in my please for a re-run because I want to see Olcasgean finally eat dirt :)

Teraka

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
i think with some luck u can get several good farming trios up to clear the most trash (and oem) so u can have a clear boss-raid

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom