Galladoria Raid: Sat 16 sept, 1930 CET

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
The last poll about what raid you wanted to see indicated a willingness to raid Galladoria once again.
With the new patch and the big increase in proc drops/ Ml xp from high lvl mobs, I hope to see this willingness has increased.

To that end I want to make a raid to kill Olcasgean after 2.5 years of an undisturbed life.

The raid will leave at 1930 Cet from Necht-excalibur.
Bg will be on Danita-e, open at 1900 or earlier.
Bind at Necht. Lotto will be held in the last room.
If you have to afk notify your grp. You'll get 1 afk warning, another and you loose the right to lotto.
Failure to follow raid instructions will get you 1 warning, another and you loose the right to lotto.

I will not wait for ld's ( unless mass ld's). Galla is an epic dungeon, the mobs won't repop till 12 hrs after the very first mob kill.

The raid will need at least 5 ani's ( low lvl ani's count as well), 1-2 shades who know how to work distract, 2 voidies, a few croc bards, some LW users.

In order to make this raid not too long , I call on the Galla farmers to start farming after 1330 hrs. You may ofc keep what you kill.
If some improptu grp will be necessary to kill OEM to get behind the gate, I will assist on that with some of my own chars ( or focus team).

My aim is on the the Final Encounter primarily, the more you kill the better.

I will post the tactics for Aroon and the Final encounter ( by far the hardest encounters) later in the week.

I hope to see you all there and start the "epic encounter" counter on the /title screen.

Danita

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
hehe my eld is still void since last time galla was farmed a lot

Martes

Regular Freddie
Druid coming that for sure, been too long since i set my foot in there

Teraka

Fledgling Freddie
barring RL issues I'll bring two characters. One FoP BB plus either ML 10 mana chanter or animist if you haven't already got enough.

Teraka

Glowyn

One of Freddy's beloved
Inc!!!

to really freak out that my computer will be up running at that time i wanna report that i will come along whet 1 ml10 animist and 1 fop/enchanter/hero/bm/ranger/ns :worthy: pick u target for 5 hours of abuse!!!

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Aroon tactics

As promised some tactics to hopefully defeat the 2 hardest encounters.

I know most UI's have an in built map, but I'll give you this link to a clean map anyway, for those that haven't installed the SI maps.

The hardest of the pre-bosses is without a doubt Aroon.
On this map Aroon is located at " 10", he has normal mob adds with him.

Unlike the other bosses, Aroon has a very large aggro range. So before we start this encounter 1 puller will pull those adds to the zerg, which will stay a good distance away ( at the corridors that run around him prolly)

When the encounter starts Aroon summons nine additional adds to him.
As he summons those adds he turns nearly completely invulnerable to any attack.
If the encounter is still fixed, he won't summon another batch of adds, when the first is too far away from him, but we'd better not take any chances.

Those nine adds each represent 1 damage type. So when 1 add is killed, Aroon can be hit by the corresponding damage type.
However only 1 of those Adds can be hit, the others are also invulnerable until the 1 that can be hit is killed. Then another turns vulnerable, but the rest remains invulnerable, etc.

The order in which those adds have to be killed is:
Corp
Spiorad
Ropadh
Damhna
Fuinnramg
Bru
Fuar
Teas
and the last Scor

Because Aroon may summon another batch of adds when there's no add near him, we will NOT kill Scor.

Because this a Galla raid, there will be numerous LOS bugs in the corridors.
So setting up a shroom camp just anywhere may not work.
After the normal adds have been killed, we will edge the zerg towards Aroon and get as close to the crossroad immediately in front of him, to set up camp.

As soon as the encounter starts, some of those adds will pop almost on top of the camp. When 1 gets aggroed, it's almost impossible to not get all 10 mobs aggro you.

So we will have to deal with 10 high purple mobs at the same time, the adds hit for 300-500 iirc, Aroon hits for 600-800 iirc.
You can not control those adds, as you can't taunt them. So it's extremely important that the zerg stay near the shrooms with the add we have kill, to have the benefit of their damage and to-hit.
Those who have Aroon aggro and not-killable-Add aggro will have to kite them a short distance away from the zerg, so that the add that can be killed, gets killed in seconds. Then the next killable add gets brought back to the shroom pile etc etc.
Kiting them to the end of each branch of the crossroad should be far enough for the shrooms to focus on the mob that has to be killed

Remember we DON'T kill the last add, it might bug the encounter.
After Aroon dies we will kill any remaining Add.

I'll post the Tactics for the Primals and Olcasgean later

P.S
Can everyone please not Farm Galladoria after 01.00 am on Saturday.
We really need a fully repopped dungeon when we start clearing the dungeon at 1330 CET, so we can race through it with the zerg in the evening.
A repop in the middle of the big raid, or the pre clearing bit, will cost us too much time. Thx

Danita

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Bah cant make it that evening,
good luck on the raid though ! :>

p.s. someone bring me a vine covered scythe back for me ! i will pay for it :>

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Tactics for Primals and Olcasgean

On to the last part:

Some information on the terrain and the mobs.

The Final Encounter is reached through a corridor from the large lake.The Chamber is circular with an island in the middle and a moat running around it.
The moat is a bit lower than the island and is filled with vortices that damage any1 in them.
You can climb out of the moat on Roots at the NW, NE, SE and SW edges of the island
When the encounter is active the last bit of the corridor, turns into a teleport to the island.
The corridor and the island are linked with a root bridge that passes through a waterfall. The waterfall can hinder your visiblity quite a lot.
The bridge is safe from any damage, except the water primal.

The Mobs:

Water Primal is a normal melee mob. When his health reaches 10% he wants to run away though and regenerate, to come back for another round.
Depending on the size and make up of the raid, we will either fight him inside the chamber, or well outside it, before the corridor turns into a teleport.

Fire Primal is a big Flame, that walks on the island in a clover pattern. All he does is drop a fire trail.
But when a bomblet is tripped, it unleashes an AE attack. He does not use any other magic or melee attack, other than a damage shield.
There are only 4 spots on the island safe from his ae damage, the middle of each clover leaflet.

Earth Primal is sort of a BD type of mob. He melees, he has a long duration AE root and he has 4 healer pets that are stationary.

Air Primal is a cloud that flies along the edge of the island. He does long duration Ae Stun, AE mez and a weak single target DD.
He is quite a weak mob, a lot of patches ago he only had less than 2000 hits.

The fight:

The most important bit: The bridge is our main camp. Unless you are told to otherwise, you stay on it.

Earth is an annoying mob that can slow a raid down a lot. But he can be neutralized fairly easy.
I hope there will be a small grp with a tank and a healer that can keep Earth aggro, and then go on the bridge so Earth won't melee any1 and keep him there.
If some1 else manages to get and hold Earth aggro he has to GO on the BRIDGE and STAY there and DISBAND from his grp if he doesn't loose aggro.
If he stays in grp earth will run after his grp members as soon as they try to step off the bridge.

There will be 1 main groundtarget for the GTAE.

After we kill Water. I will mark the safe spots on the island with fop/foh/SW from available convokers and perfecters.
For Fire only shades, LW heroes/champs, Vw's and voidies are allowed on the island, with a croc bard and some healing if out of range from the bridge.
Shades will use distract from a safe position, then the voidies will use GTAe to kill him. The LW and scythe rear styles have a good to decent chance of hitting him as well.
So they are allowed to use those.
Depending on the quality of the distracting and the number of voidies, he should die reasonably quick.

With Fire out of the way we'll have a lot more room to use on the island.
So for Air we will set up quite a bit away from the bridge ( and earth).
For Air Shades, voidies, demezzers and a few ranged attackers are allowed on the island.
Air moves quite fast and at such an altitude that he's almost impossible to melee effectively.
Shades use distract and Voidies GTAe. If Air escapes from distract the few ranged attackers keep it in combat to prevent regeneration.

Earth:
We can't kill the Primal until all his menders are dead.
So until those menders are dead, he is kept at the bridge by his aggro holder.

Meanwhile almost ever1 else has a job to do on the island now.

The Guardian mender can be attacked by Heroes, Champs and Bm's
The Shadowy mender can be attacked by Rangers and Shades.
The Magical mender can be attaccked by Elds, Chanters and Menta's.
The Natural mender can be attacked by Bards, Druids and Wardens.
If any1 else attacks either of these menders he will trigger an insta heal.

But there are exceptions. You can attack any mender if you use a bow. Ani's and Vw's can LT any menders.
Bains and vamps aren't allowed to attack any mender, as I don't want to find out if they trigger an insta heal or not.

As the menders heal each other a bit as well, we will attack them all at once, so the 1 getting the most damage doesn't get all the heals. The Champs on the guardian, shades on shadowy, bard and druids on Natural and every1 else on Magical.
Then we shift to the guardian mender, then the shadowy and finally the Natural.

After the menders die we will set up a camp we will use to kill both Earth from and Olcasgean.

All shrooms will be set at my GT.
We will shroom to full and maintain this even after Earth dies ( use low lvl fnf's if neccessary).
We will pull Earth, he should die really quick if we're anywhere near the zone cap.
Then Olcasgean will start his speech and 20-30 seconds later he will pop. Now is also the time we find out if we killed all the bosses and their boss adds. If we didn't ,they will come to the chamber to help Olcasgean.

Olcasgean is 2 legs from a huge tree with a connected hitpoint pool.
We will concentrate all the damage on 1 leg, to break the to-hit code on that leg.
If we can maintain shrooms at zone cap and keep every1 rezzed we should win easily.
If not it will take a while.

About the Lotto: If he drops an End or Mana necklace, only ppl with a confirmed FULL set of galladoria armor can lotto for it.
So show it to me before the raid.

I hope to see some of you at 1330 CET for the pre clearing.
The rest I hope to see at 1930 CET at Necht Excalibur, bind at necht :)

For the Galla farmers: Plz don't farm Galla/Exc after 1.00 tonight. A repop in the middle of the clearing or the big raid, is not a nice thing.

Danita

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Thank you Farmers :(

Atm neither dungeon is fully repopped.
If no dungeon is repopped by 1600 CET, I will call off the raid.
I have no intention of killing almost every mob in there with a big raid and do Aroon and do the primals.
Everyone's attention span will be gone by the time we reach the Primals and the /afk disease will be rampant.

Danita

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Reno said:
Atm neither dungeon is fully repopped.
If no dungeon is repopped by 1600 CET, I will call off the raid.
I have no intention of killing almost every mob in there with a big raid and do Aroon and do the primals.
Everyone's attention span will be gone by the time we reach the Primals and the /afk disease will be rampant.

Danita

Farmed on Prydwen today abit aswell. I wouldnt worry too much about the stuff between Conservator - OEM - Geomancer. Once you open the door (by killing OEM) the mobs who repop in the upper part wont add on whatever u fight (Xaga, BMF etc). And I seriously doubt anyone did more then Conserv/OEM/Geomancer on Excal today/yesterday.

Prydwen Galla is 'a mess' tho. Did loads yesterday, and 'some' today on repopping trashmobs (no bosses).

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
1600 CET and still no repop in either dungeon.
There is too little time to clear a lot of mobs from Galla, to keep the raid within a bearable 3 hrs.
I will do a raid, but it won't be a full raid.
At some point in the dungeon I'll decide , with some input from the raid, whether we will do Aroon or the Primals.
See you at 1930 Cet at necht.

Whether this will be pryd or excal, I don't know.
Either way you can switch server at domnann, tnn or the oceanus djinn and port to Necht from any porter. Just choose [Shrouded isles] and then [Necht].

Danita

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Galladoria on prydwen just repopped, the raid will be held on PRYDWEN.

Danita

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
nice raid, to bad it wasnt prepped but anyhow we got very far
and the vw thing is ubah :D

Teraka

Fledgling Freddie
Superb raid. Shame we couldn't quite get Oscaglean down at the end before the zerg arrived but hopefully next time we'll have enough time to clear more of the adds first.

I agree with Enli, next time we bring more VWs as well :)

Teraka

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Getting Olcasgean to 50% with 3 fg was an unexpected bonus. A shame we got zerged before we killed him, 4 bosses and their adds is a bit much :).

It was a good raid in all.
I might do another 1 in 2 weeks time. If so I hope we can clear a lot of trash beforehand, and kill all bosses, because Olcasgean really is a pushover.

Danita

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
great raid mate, hope i can make it to the next one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom