gah how unlucky

Will

/bin/su
Xavier said:
Thoughts Will ;)?
I have some plans that may get in the way of a UK charity ride. But we shall see nearer the time.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Will said:
Legal requirement for mudguards? That's about the only difference from here. I have crud catchers*, I'm sure they won't pull me over for having them instead.

*Plastic MTB-style mudguards, attached to the seatpost.

my mtb is quite illegal, but naturally I do not use it for 'everyday' biking. the Dutch police are quite tolerant of bikes as long as you behave yourself. a 'proper' bike requires all kinds of stuff to be properly legal. you want to be moderately legal, have some reflectors and a decent bell installed and you'll be fine.

Will

/bin/su
Bell? But I'll look like a girl. Next you'll be telling me I legally need streamers from the handlebars, and a flag on the seatpost.

*searches interweb for a black bike bell*

TdC

Will said:
Bell? But I'll look like a girl. Next you'll be telling me I legally need streamers from the handlebars, and a flag on the seatpost.

*searches interweb for a black bike bell*

bell. one that can be heard at 25 meters iirc. the bike I use to go into town when going out...well the bell doesn't work (so I have to yell), the lights don't work (so I have wee clip-on lights) but the brake works perfectly.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
You won't need a bell matey, get the manly equivalent - a sodding great air horn or klaxon and straps that to your handlebars... heh

"AWOOOOOOOOGA!"

(cue pedestrians jumping out of their skin and several nearby OAP's soiling themselves)

TdC

an airhorn that sounds "la cucaracha" would be pretty cool though. that would be a bell to end all bells :D

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
you'd need a big hat covered with fruit to properly carry that one off teedeecee.

Heh, I can see it now, Will with his 'big horn' you with your quirky horn :eek7: cycling to the Freddybeer :eek6:

Padwah

Fledgling Freddie
I was quite surprised when i opened the box of bits that came with my mountain bike to find a bell nestled alongside the shock pump! Needless to say I didn't fit it, I find shouting at people usually gets them out of the way fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom