Gadget and Laptop Bags

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys

A friend of mine recently asked for recommendations for a small gadget bag and/or laptop bag. I only have experience with a couple of brands myself (as below), so any suggestions? There are recommendations on the web, but I'm curious what you use :) Price doesn't matter, so all suggestions are welcome.

Kind regards

Jonty

P.S. Personally, I use a Tumi gadget bag. It's small and really well-made, but still big enough to fit my phone, camera, wallet, diary etc. I wouldn't pay the retail price, since they cost a fortune, but there are sometimes good deals on eBay etc.

As for a laptop case, I use a Booq bag. It's nicely designed and incredibly hard-wearing (it's made from ballistic nylon, like flak jackets are lined with, and the strap is essentially a seatbelt). They're quite pricey, but I've had mine for years and it still looks as-new.

Anyway, your thoughts please :)

JingleBells

FH is my second home
I use this Targus bag for my laptop, it's got plenty of room to store the charger cables, USB mouse, 1/2 DVD cases and my TV tuner & remote control, and it's fairly well padded.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Answered your own question. If price isn't an issue, then Tumi are top notch. Of course I use a carrier bag myself.

...from Lidl.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Got a North Face Surge bag, it's comfy, nice and roomy. As a plus point it doesn't look like a laptop bag, so should help against the opportunist thief.

It's a bit big though, so you might want to get a Bandwidth.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I really like Tech Air and use this at the moment they are really solid bags and the warrenty has alwys been easy to deal with. I have a Backpack type for my 15.4 laptop and that had loads of room.

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
I really like Tech Air and use this at the moment they are really solid bags and the warrenty has alwys been easy to deal with. I have a Backpack type for my 15.4 laptop and that had loads of room.

I've had a Tech Air backpack for the past 6 years and apart from a bit of stitching on the front that has gone it's been great. Loads of room for all the other bits and not too many extra pockets to lose things in.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys

Thanks very much for your thoughts; it's good to have different options to explore (including Lidl carrier bags, hehe :D).

Kind regards

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Laz, it looks nice. I know you travel a lot, so I'm sure it must be sturdy, and I trust you wouldn't pimp it just because it's HP :)

Kind regards

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
nope- i pimp it cos I got it for nothing ;)

seriously tho - though there are signs of wear and tear the bag has NO defects.

This includes about 15 trips within the last year to USA and also a trip to Singapore, not including daily carting about for travel to/from work and being unceremoniously thrown into the car for travelling.

can hold a lot of stuff (laptop/charger/phone/3 books/change of clothes/duty free) etc

oh - and i got the bag second hand so it wasnt new when I started to abuse it

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
I run about with a Pakuma Choroka K2 messenger bag for carrying my laptop and gear for work.

its only problem is the strap does not have any padding on it, so if they carry it loads it might start to become uncomfortable after a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom