G15 keyboard with daoc

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Got this keyboard too and I love it!

The timed macros are great if you know how to use em. For example: the ability to quickcast root someone that attacks you from stealth with just 1 button.

As for a mod that would allow you to see HP / mana on the lcd it would be impossible unless Mythic starts supporting it. The only way of doing it is by reading the memory and as Tilda already said, that is how cheats work and it will get you banned.

There are some very nice mods for it though, the latest beta of Ventrilo already supports it, which is very nice since it shows who's talking on the lcd screen, so when someone yells 'heal' you know who's yelling it f.e. :p and it shows who leaves and joins etc.
There's also a similar mod for teamspeak, a mod that shows messages you recieve on MSN, which is nice when you're in game so you don't have to alt + tab.
There's a mod that lets you follow any IRC channel chat so you don't have to alt tab anymore to read the pathetic whine after you kill someone in rvr, how nice is that!
And there's others too... ppl are only just starting to develop for it, will be nice when more games support it imo.

a site for mods is

http://www.g15mods.com/ (check the forum, downloads section doesn't nearly have em all)

I thought this was a very nice way of using the G keys, in wow.

6155.jpg

so for the WoW players, this UI can be found here:
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=2905

Tilda

just fyi, the macroes that do QC root with 1 button will get you banned in daoc. I suggest you change your setup.

MesS°

Can't get enough of FH
Greate keyboard now "someone" can get "Stun/Debuf/n00k" on 1 button. :rolleyes:

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
now?

the Nostromo been out since start of daoc kinda so you been able to get that all along if you just had bought one, just as with this keyboard

MesS°

Can't get enough of FH
Heta said:
now?

the Nostromo been out since start of daoc kinda so you been able to get that all along if you just had bought one, just as with this keyboard

But now its in the fricking keyboard. You dont see the difference?

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
nice looking keyboard although as i dont actually look at my keyboard when i type its totally superflous.

and any hardware based system that performs more than 1 function when you press a key is a bannable offence.

IE quick cast + another spell off one button is very naughty and i would sujest you remove it.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Naffets said:
Wireless with a TFT screen and a blue underglow for the keys?

Of course its not wireless!

Fyi its wireless.... and jack-up to a mini nuclear reactor :p

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
for thoes who dont wonna buy a new keyboard there is also this thing www.Thinkgeek.com

not totally sure how programmable it really is but looks more or less the same :)

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Imo all those gaming keyboards are just a fad, I use this one - the Wolf Claw II, and its really good - I can't go on about how good it is, yet nobody seems to use one.

wolf_claw_keyboard.jpg

Review

Buy in the UK

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Tilda said:
just fyi, the macroes that do QC root with 1 button will get you banned in daoc. I suggest you change your setup.

no it doesn't :)
already asked this clearly on customer support and explained how it works

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:
the customer support must have missunderstood you or not had the correct info about the topic.
Making a software(macro) or hardware(keyb,mouse etc) pressing 2 or more buttons with 1 is a break against CoC and is banable.
If not u could use whatever script,macro etc u like to craft,xp whatever

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:
Imo all those gaming keyboards are just a fad, I use this one - the Wolf Claw II, and its really good - I can't go on about how good it is, yet nobody seems to use one.

wolf_claw_keyboard.jpg

Review

Buy in the UK

I have one of those aswell

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
MesS° said:
But now its in the fricking keyboard. You dont see the difference?

not realy (been keyboards with macro keys on them for ages aswell)

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
woohoo just got my G15 just now and plugged it in, fuck me its amasing!!!

Tilda

Comos said:

As was said, the csr must have misunderstood you, as I'm 99.999% sure that using a program or some hardware to automate part of the game, ie, 1 button instead of two, no fumbles etc, is counted as cheating and a banable offence.

Tilda

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure I saw a grabbag a while back clearly stating in response to a question on keyboard macroing, that attended macroing IS legal. I don't understand it either given mythics normal policies, and it certainly does give an 'unfair advantage' in that those w/o such keyboard cannot use it. I'll find the link if I can.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
I'm pretty sure I saw a grabbag a while back clearly stating in response to a question on keyboard macroing, that attended macroing IS legal. I don't understand it either given mythics normal policies, and it certainly does give an 'unfair advantage' in that those w/o such keyboard cannot use it. I'll find the link if I can.

in that case i make a macro that with 1 button starts to craft 10 times in a row with a delay between.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
in that case i make a macro that with 1 button starts to craft 10 times in a row with a delay between.
Yes you could, but note I said attended macroing, meaning you'd have to be present at the keyboard the whole time, which kinda defeats the purpose ;)

karl said:
i thought radar was a packet sniffing program?
I know that the older ones were memory based. Probably easier to detect tho so yeah most modern ones would more likely be packet-sniffing. I was just using that an example though - there's a lot of info that ur computer knows which can't be displayed in the UI.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
Yes you could, but note I said attended macroing, meaning you'd have to be present at the keyboard the whole time, which kinda defeats the purpose ;)
naah, just pick up a good book or watch a movie

still i think an official answer from GOA would be needed here, cause if macroing on these keyboards is allowed, then all macroing should be allowed wich imo would be a dissaster for the game.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
naah, just pick up a good book or watch a movie

what if mythic finds out that the book wasnt any good? can they ban you then?

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Heta said:
what if mythic finds out that the book wasnt any good? can they ban you then?
only if u read Harry Potter :twak:

Comos

Loyal Freddie
You can make any macro you want that will press as many buttons with whatever interval as you want.
As long as you remain PRESENT behind your pc, you are not breaking any rules.
So yes, if you want to record 1G key of it to press button 1 on your keyboard 10 times in a row with an interval between em you can as long as you are behind your pc all the time.

This has always been the rule, I'll see if I can find that grapbag as well, that's where I read it on too.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:
You can make any macro you want that will press as many buttons with whatever interval as you want.
As long as you remain PRESENT behind your pc, you are not breaking any rules.
So yes, if you want to record 1G key of it to press button 1 on your keyboard 10 times in a row with an interval between em you can as long as you are behind your pc all the time.

This has always been the rule, I'll see if I can find that grapbag as well, that's where I read it on too.

grabbag = mythic
so it dosnt matter what they have for roles
GOA´s policy on this has always been thats its illegal and bannable, u dont even get a warning for macro crafting, its a ban straight away, remembered for a year or two ago a guy got banned for macrocrafting, didnt matter that he was present in the front of his computer playing with his kid.

but if u wanna contuine to cheat its up to you, just remember that u ruin the game for others and dont come here QQ when u get perma banned

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
such nice keyboard :) to bad it dont come with åæø keys on it :(

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Bet alot of people are using keyboards with programable keys. And there is no way goa or who´m ever would have a chance to find out. Unless they have a gang team roaming around knocking down the players front doors, confiscating their keyboards ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom