G15 keyboard with daoc

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Just got one of these, and its a beauty. Just wondering.. how difficult would it be to develop an applet for the lcd screen to show your health/end/power etc.
I presume this woulden't be against the COC considering it's not giving you more info than you already know. Would support for this have to be put in my mythic to even attempt to try and emulate it on the screen?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
You mean something like This?
Don't think it's against the rules unless you can create some automated macro crafting also with it.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Careful of Andrilyn's advice, he's a lamer bug abuser so maybe he's just trying to get people banned.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
That's one sweet keyboard :> How much does it cost? It looks welly expensive :p

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
SLightly off topic but I've been trying to get one of those for a while but everywhere seems out of stock - so just wondered where you got it from :)

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Thats a nice keyboard, ive heard of it.. hate to think how much it would cost though.

The one im on about is the logitech G15 keyboard. ^^

Edit: nerf peoples fast reply skills :(

Quite nice, theres already loads of plugins out for it.. i.e a msn messenger one that displays the chat in the lcd screen when your in game, a vent/ teamspeak applet that shows peeps in the channel etc etc

I managed to get mine from a place called savastore.com, they seem to of been the cheapest when I checked froogle. I ordered it on the 6th jan, it's taken this long just for them to get some in stock. It really is sweet though, taking a bit of getting used to having the extra macro keys on the left hand side if your used to the normal sized keyboard but Im loving it, as mr Mc Donald would say.

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
You mean something like This?
Don't think it's against the rules unless you can create some automated macro crafting also with it.

i really really really really really really want this keyboard!

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Karl said:
i really really really really really really want this keyboard!

Probely cost a small fortune tho :p

@ skaven, Pwnd ! ;)

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
WiZe^ said:
Probely cost a small fortune tho :p

@ skaven, Pwnd ! ;)

in denmark it cost around 400 - 500 dkr

edit: wrong keyboard, the logitech costs 400 - 500 dkr

Tilda

I have this keyboard too and love it very much.
I got it from OCUK before christmas for about £30 quid!

Someone develop an applet for daoc! :D

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Skaven said:
Would support for this have to be put in my mythic to even attempt to try and emulate it on the screen?
Yes, UIs only display information from a few variables that mythic makes available, thats why they cant display many details that are already known to your computer. You could only read it outside game by making or using a third party program to read the memory space directly and interpret it (same way radar works at a basic level). Not that theres anything wrong it in this case, but it could strictly be bannable if the GMs were bastards, and it certainly wouldn't be easy to do.

Tilda

I have a further idea;
I think reading from memory is a bad idea as you might well get banned.
What if, you have a program that can read the colour of the pixels at locations on your screen. Thus you could tell it to move the bar on the lcd to keep it in line with the movement of your health bar.
This would be a complex way of doing it but it should work. Although if you moved the bar's it would fuck up!

Tilda

Tilda

I guess if we asked people to send feedback to mythic/sanya for mythic to add support for this its possible it might happen.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
It would be cool if they added a customisable UI box the same size as the LCD then you could configure exactly what you wanted in it - and allow those without the keyboard to have the same advantage on screen.

Ohh the thought of a XML lookup on your <target> :)

Tilda

omg!
You could set it up to "read" the text in your status window to get the charachter name when you target someone. Then it could xml lookup and feed it back to the LCD :D

Tilda

Celestino said:
Kobold
0 characters found.
Read what I said :p
It says the persons name in your charachter info window when you target them.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Tilda said:
omg!
You could set it up to "read" the text in your status window to get the charachter name when you target someone. Then it could xml lookup and feed it back to the LCD :D

I think you almost wet youtself when that idea popped into your head :D

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
omg!
I don't see the use of this though. It's very easy to tell which class the target is and the RR is diplayed over it's head :>

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
This keyboard sounds sweet, cant understand it cost this little. Guess its time to order one sooner or later, if its posibly to modd for daoc, without getting the banstick ofc. The xml info ingame would be awesome... thou dont think they will like us being able to see class and so on ingame on realm enemies

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
In case anyone is interested I found these in stock for next day shipment at www.scan.co.uk (OCUK also had them but were considerably more expensive).

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I think just about anything you write to take advantage of it would probably break the CoC - however feedback forms might get mythic to add support.

Only worry is - anything that outputs your current target, hp etc. to another app could potentially be used for bot-writing.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
so the 18 buttons on the left side, witch they say can
The 18 programmable "G Keys" allow you to execute macros—like casting spells in World of Warcraft—with a single button press
Is kinda directly baneable using for anything, besides binding them to doing 1 command...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
how would having to look at your keyboard to see info you have on screen (where the action is) be an advantage or even a tiny bit usefull?

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
So far the extent of what ive done with daoc is display chat.log on the screen

I've had my G15 for a few weeks now and http://www.g15forums.com/forum is the best place to ask from what i've seen. Personally i dont think its possible, but gl.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Zebolt said:
I don't see the use of this though. It's very easy to tell which class the target is and the RR is diplayed over it's head :>

and then u have the fact that EVERYTHING u need to know is shown on the PC monitor.. so WHY would anyone want a display all the way down at the keyboard to have to look at when all it does is making u miss stuff u shouldent when u fight...

**HEY! why didnt u interupt that healer for?? Sorry i was to buissy looking at my kickass display on the keyboard to notice anything important...**

yeah that will be great, dont ya think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom