G Phone... is it good?

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Just got an upgrade from T Mobile who I used to work for so pay half price line rental. They offered me the G1 phone on free upgrade which shocked me a bit but I took it.

Anyone have one or know anyone who has one, are they just a hyped up piece of crap or are they the muts nuts ?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just got an upgrade from T Mobile who I used to work for so pay half price line rental. They offered me the G1 phone on free upgrade which shocked me a bit but I took it.

Anyone have one or know anyone who has one, are they just a hyped up piece of crap or are they the muts nuts ?

Looks good for browsing the net.

Looks wise it is fuggin ugly lol :p

Yaka

Part of the furniture
yes its ugly. not as good as browsing as my iphone. but it has brilliant potential. there will most defiantly be hacks/tweaks and user generated apps for it. the trak ball makes the lack
dual touch painless

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
I really like it - I have one too Yaka.

Awesome bits
- Always on Interweb
- Sync with any e-mail, google calendar
- Qwerty keyboard
- Some nice, fun apps.

Bad bits
- Battery isn't great
- Is fugly

I enjoy it though, chose it specifically and it suits me nicely. iPhone seemed a bit expensive, and a bit poseur.

Tilda

If anybody has one they want to get rid of, give me a shout and I'll pay a fair price, I am so hot for this, but have another 6 months on my contract :(

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I had an X1 instead. It is teh pure sex, and if you don't buy one you smell of wee.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
I had an X1 instead. It is teh pure sex, and if you don't buy one you smell of wee.

I still want an X1 or at a pinch a toughHD but i could well be getting an unlocked g1 tomorrow and am quite looking forward to playing with it.

I'll have to wait till q3 next year to upgrade on o2 to an x1 though :(

I should be getting a Javalin when we go back to work in the new year as well, it's definatley a phonetastic time in yaruarville.

Bodhi

How is it for texting?

Superb. The full qwerty keypad makes it a doddle and the keys themselves are perfect for thumb use. It alsmot feels like a Vaio keyboard to be honest.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Superb. The full qwerty keypad makes it a doddle and the keys themselves are perfect for thumb use. It alsmot feels like a Vaio keyboard to be honest.

Does it have an on screen keyboard?

Someone was telling me it took like 5 steps to get to writing a text.
Is this true or is the guy just a plank?

Bodhi

It has an onscreen keyboard but I never use it, the slide out one is that good. As for 5 steps to write a text - that is pish. There are tons of ways to get into writing a text - none of them take 5 steps. It takes an extra step over my old N95 - nothing too stressful.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
I've been going in to the phone shops in town since I wrote my original thread and still they don't have an X1 for me to try. I'm tempted to just goahead and buy one over the net as a trial, as I believe theres 14 day return under distance selling rules?

I don't particularly want to buy a phone without trialing it for a considerable amount of time, as all phones are very different to use and would rather be happy with something before signing up to a £800 or whatever contract. :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm a mate has that X1 and it is completely awesome imo. the gPhone would have to be very very good to beat it.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
hmm a mate has that X1 and it is completely awesome imo. the gPhone would have to be very very good to beat it.

I'm having to admit i'm loving the g1 an awful lot at the moment, it certainly wees all over the iphone in almost all regards.
This however would make me the happiest person ever if it was ever produced.

soze

I am a FH squatter
That Sony android looks like another HTC as well. I have to say the Touch HD is an awesome phone too i really want to try the G phone and skipped on a x1 will take it when it come back around though as the Sony UI seems to be decent much better than the Samsung one.

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Last.fm application on this is awesome. I'm not even sure I need my iPod any more - if there was just a better battery on it, I'd be very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom