Futurama on its way back!

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
Fan-bloody-tastic! I was gutted when this was axed. Far better than the simpsons and family guy imho.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Jon said:
Lots and lots of things were said in this update, but all of them turned out to be wrong. For archival purposes, I wont delete it. But the conversation involving the topic is closed, and please take note to the two updates made at the bottom of this news piece. Thanks, and sorry for any confusion.

Our friend Billy West has once again spilled the beans. According to a post he made on his message board, Futurama is going to be renewed for television with 26 episodes. No word as to what station it will be on, who will rejoin the cast, or whether it'll be two seasons that would consist of 13 episodes each or one HUGE season of 26 episodes. Please keep in mind though, all this information is still very unofficial. Nothing is down on paper. No contracts signed. Nada. NOTHING. But, it's still pretty awesome.
I'm this close to selling my show--''Billy Bastard--Amateur Human Being,'' And the other good news is that they're doing 26 new episodes of ''Futurama'' for TV and we're hammering out the deal now. The original plan was to have the DVD's first but that's no longer the case.I'm totaly jammed dude.

Greetings from the year 3000! It still sucks!

Billy
Update:
I'm getting different bits of info that say this news may not be the case.There IS something up Futurama project wise but but it might be the DVD's still.It's hard to keep up with things--but I'll try to do better.

Sorry,
Billy
So there you have it folks, the return of Futurama as a series may not be the case as of right now. In related news that backs up the idea of Futurama coming to DVD rather than TV, Bill Morrison recently spoke to a fan about how the Futurama Movie script is almost finished at a convention in Germany. Woot.

Update 2: (mArc)
Another well-informed source tells us that there was no basis in reality for the 26 episode rumour. The plan to make direct-to-DVD movies is still existing.

Update 3: (Jon)
Bill Morrison was misquoted as to say that the Futurama script is almost finished, and rather was speaking about a Simpsoms Movie script. As of now, there's no Futurama script.

Shamless bump.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ahh quality, Futurama is the funniest animated comedy IMO.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
In August 2003, after five seasons and three Emmys, including the 2002 award for Best Animated Series, Futurama was canceled due to low ratings.
I think you'll find that was four seasons :)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Thank god!

I thought futurama was far better than the simpsons tbh, Simpsons now really bores me, hasn't made me laugh for a good few years now.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Sweet zombie jesus, at last.

The world needs more Zapp Brannigan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom