Funnyest Swear Filter Evar!

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Nowdays it is more acceptable to *snicker* instead.

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks xane, I couldnt fit any swear word into that and was quite confused.

I blame stupid bloody americans!

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
yaruar said:
bw used to ***** out both scunthorpe and s******.....

s n i g g e r

anyway, got to love those filter rules.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
treading on dangerous ground here lads.

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
Well as I'm not, nor pretend to be Eminem, I cant say that either.

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
:touch:

We have 2 words in our swear filter which we think is a reasonable compromise.
We know it only leaves you with a few million other ways of offending people, but we hope you can cope.
Please dont make me add all the other spelling permutations of them in and hurt you too. Bypassing swear filters is irritating for mods who want to sit back and pick their noses like the rest of you and we tend to get twitchy and humourless when woken up like this.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
TedTheDog said:

We know it only leaves you with a few million other ways of offending people, but we hope you can cope.
Please dont make me add all the other spelling permutations of them in and hurt you too. Bypassing swear filters is irritating for mods who want to sit back and pick their noses like the rest of you and we tend to get twitchy and humourless when woken up like this.

I think the original point of this thread was that snig ger was filtered which seems unreasonable but actually contains a filtered word :/ is there not an exmeption list for filter words?

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah uh, filtered words within other words are always annoying. You couldn't say "******d" on BW because of that goddamn ****** crap. AND YOU STILL CAN'T. PS: it's the opposite of inward, you jerks, and is a VALID WORD WHICH IS SOMETIMES USED.

Edit: but I must say, "sblack person" is pretty goddamn funny.

TedTheDog

Yeah, I agree, a little tweaking of the swearfilter could help.
We need a blacklist, substring filter and whitelist. I'll talk to Deebs to see whats available.
And louster, its not that bad and the "you jerks" thing is uncalled for. If its really such a problem for you, go somewhere else.

kan

Loyal Freddie
TedTheDog said:
And louster, its not that bad and the "you jerks" thing is uncalled for. If its really such a problem for you, go somewhere else.

Aye hear hear :puke:

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Of my trek up and down the motorway every day, most drivers want to get o work as safely as possible. There is one type of driver that always upsets the status quo of a flow of traffic, or relatively stress free busy motorway - and that's fucking Golf drivers. Every single day, there is always one trumped up arrogant TDi driver who thinks "yeah, I have a modern diesel - so that means i'm gonna drive like a twat".

They clearly have a chip on their shoulder because the couldn't afford a real golf, such as the R32.

/runs away fearing pro-VW people

G

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
TedTheDog said:

Jesus, it wasn't even aimed at you. "Jerks" is just a funny word. Lighten up already.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
TedTheDog said:

Heh, sorry if the thread caused offence, I found the edit of snig ger pretty damn funny. Especially when it came up I wasn't trying to be offensive (for once).

Big G aye that is very true, however I'd like to add all drivers who think they're a cut above anyone else because they drive a Massey-Ferguson, sorry, diesel. I can cope if they just drone endlessly about fuel efficiency (however, if a petrol engine topped out as low as a diesel engine, the economy figures would be pretty similar), it's when they claim diesel to be faster and smoother than petrol engines that gets my goat. They so bloody aren't.

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
I in no-way support racism and nasty words but changing the N word to 'black person' is pure genius.

I'm suprised it hasn't caused just as much offence.

kan

Loyal Freddie
Louster said:
Jesus, it wasn't even aimed at you. "Jerks" is just a funny word. Lighten up already.

Lol Way to go Louster. You tell him!

TedTheDog

Bods, no offence caused fear not. Its nice to have you back to be honest.

Louster, I'm not a bloody mind reader. You know how hard it is to convey nuance in text. You call me a jerk and then say I should lighten up when I dont like it. Bit of a no win situation for me I'd say.

Anyway, something positive that comes fom this thread is I notice the 2 words are being filtered differently. The "ethnic reference" word is filtered from within other words (sub string matching) and the "front bottom" word is only filtered on its own (absolute or "hard no" matching).
So at least I know we have 2 types of filter at least. Just trying to find the documentation now.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
front bottom :)

Reminds me of when I was a little boy and playing with lego at a friends house. He ran to his mum and said "mummy ... why do you have two bums?"

Still cracks me to this day.

I'll get my coat mmkay.

G

nath

Fledgling Freddie
TedTheDog said:
You call me a jerk and then say I should lighten up when I dont like it.

I thought he was calling everyone jerks for assuming he'd said something offensive when he was actually just talking about out.war.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Pretty much, except replace out.war with out.ward, and yeah. I don't know how you mistook me for calling you, Ted, a jerk, since I wasn't replying to anything you'd said, and it was plural. My reaction was a bit harsh, but I was somewhat surprised at your knee-jerk defensiveness to something that, like I already said, wasn't even aimed at you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom