Funny how one thing leads to something altogether different [take II]

So What say you ?

• Keep the Honda & buy the bike...it makes sence bro!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Go for what the heart desires, f*ck other opinions. Cars can be emotional purchases for some and why not treat yourself.

My commute to work takes 7 minutes and I use a Toyota FJ. Bollocks to the fuel costs and tree huggers I can afford it! :)

There's a car in our yard, bmw i believe, hwich has a bumpersticker that says "F*ck off my bumper whining about my carbon footprint" :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Go for what the heart desires, f*ck other opinions. Cars can be emotional purchases for some and why not treat yourself.

My commute to work takes 7 minutes and I use a Toyota FJ. Bollocks to the fuel costs and tree huggers I can afford it! :)

You live in Dubai, fuel's so cheap they pay you. Not exactly the same in rainy old Northern Europe.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I have a 530dm, thirsty fecker. Lovely drive tho. Weird mysterious stain on the back seat.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
You live in Dubai, fuel's so cheap they pay you. Not exactly the same in rainy old Northern Europe.

I spend half my year travelling, California mainly and the petrol there is not cheap. Mind you, nearly had a heart attack filling up a Mondeo estate last time I was in UK 84 quid. I pay about 20 to fill my beast up

I've had my FJ Stealth two years and only put 17 km on it :).

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Picked up my new car today :D
I'm happy as can be, it drives like a dream!

Decided to let abit of sencibility rule, so I got a 320d Touring Facelift model - No Nav or Idrive or Xenon, but! I got it cheeeeeap! kr. 50.000,- off going price "family discount" ;)
Also switched the leather seats for sports seats, 16 inch alloys + winter tires on steel rims + caps (orig BMW) "Danish winter etc.. for kr. 1500,-

Lethul

FH is my second home
I spend half my year travelling, California mainly and the petrol there is not cheap. Mind you, nearly had a heart attack filling up a Mondeo estate last time I was in UK 84 quid. I pay about 20 to fill my beast up

I've had my FJ Stealth two years and only put 17 km on it :).

California has dirt cheap fuel afaik?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Most expensive state in the US for fuel, was $4 a gallon a few weeks back.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
1 US Gal = 3.8 liters

$4 / 3.8L = 1.05 $/L

$1 = euro 0.77 ; 0.80 e/L

Current fuel (not diesel) price in NL. 1.80 euro/liter | 6.84 euro/ US Gal | 8.86 $/US Gal.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Look at you with your maths hat on. I think diesel price is currently around € 1.35 per litre here, don't know about petrol.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Danish Deisel goes for around 1,5 euro!
wohoo we're cheeper than someone in something! eat my shorts Dutch deisel price!!!!

TdC

NOT diesel you special people :p
NL diesel is 1.437 cheapest price today :-/

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Picked up my new car today :D
I'm happy as can be, it drives like a dream!

Decided to let abit of sencibility rule, so I got a 320d Touring Facelift model - No Nav or Idrive or Xenon, but! I got it cheeeeeap! kr. 50.000,- off going price "family discount" ;)
Also switched the leather seats for sports seats, 16 inch alloys + winter tires on steel rims + caps (orig BMW) "Danish winter etc.. for kr. 1500,-
Xenon lights are awesome in the autum/winter though
Im happy you found a car you (and the missus) like, grats :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Would have loved to have it, but wasnt about to turn it
down on lights alone.... Would also have prefered nav+idrive.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
The inability to get xenon headlights on the Golf (unless you got a GTD or GTI) stopped me buying one :(.

TdC

oh god there's a 350HP compressor'd Alfa Brera for sale. that's like marrying Mila Kunis for love and then have her bring her best mate Aria Giovanni home for a threesome.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
The inability to get xenon headlights on the Golf (unless you got a GTD or GTI) stopped me buying one :(.

I can easily upgrade to xenon on my car, and still have saved a bundle on the deal, compared to buying the one that had xenon.
for now I'm happy with what I have though.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
oh god there's a 350HP compressor'd Alfa Brera for sale. that's like marrying Mila Kunis for love and then have her bring her best mate Aria Giovanni home for a threesome.

Nice looking car

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I can easily upgrade to xenon on my car, and still have saved a bundle on the deal, compared to buying the one that had xenon.
for now I'm happy with what I have though.

Not an option on the Golf for me at the time, it meant attempting to retro fit GTi xenons (if you could get them....) which made it not worth it, particularly since I'm on a company car scheme.

TdC

Nice looking car
it's my fave "affordable" performance car atm. next one up is the Maserati 4200 GT

La Brera:
Supermac_Parked_Alfa_Romeo_Brera_00019236.jpg

La GT
L-2005-Maserati-4200-GT-Coupe-4.jpg

TdC

good call, though owning a jag would age me a good 20 years right away. driving an italian does the reverse :D

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Hehe, but at least with a jag you could save on the rental firetruck to follow you around!

TdC

that is the nasty bit: nice cars are to your bank balance as what a river is to a chopped up hooker in some brick lined garbage bags. it vanishes, never to return. allegedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom