Funny how one thing leads to something altogether different [take II]

So What say you ?

• Keep the Honda & buy the bike...it makes sence bro!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Olgaline

FH is my second home
You know....?

Any how,
as some might remember I recently asked for advice in this thread about getting a bike..https://forums.freddyshouse.com/threads/le-bike.249065/ ?

This then, while still thinking about what bike to choose, made me look at Scooters. in particular the Honda Vision 50 and the Derbi - GP1. However, after a while I had it narrowed down to the Vision 50 or the Specialized Source Expert.

So, My brother in law owns (among other things) a car dealership, he recently sold a Corsa to my dad (the wife) which i had to pick up for him since he was in africa at the time and wanted to suprise the wife etc...anyway while there I looked at a BMW coupe 2.5 aand immediately fell in love. The manager then asked me if I wanted to take it for a spin...."see where this is going ?" and boy oh boy!!!!

Right, long story short, I quickly decided that I was dead bored with the old "new car" and to therfore ditch the bike and moped, and buy a "new" car instead! :D
So the old Jazz 1.4 Elegence 2011 is for sale and I'm left with a new choice. get the 2 door 2.5 coupe or let a little sence steer my judgement and get a 320 2.0 Touring aut. instead.

Keep in mind that we're a family of 2+2 and concidering adding (the wife is) one more to that "which would mean ditching the Coupe a that time anyway"

Le Cars:

The Jazz
906900503.jpg

906900503_6.jpg

906900503_8.jpg
The Coupe
906900500.jpg

906900500_2.jpg

906900500_4.jpg
The Touring
906900492.jpg

906900492_2.jpg

906900492_4.jpg

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Have you had a good think about fuel costs ? I get 23mpg out of my car but i can live with it

2.5 Beemers are thirsty beasts, if i was gonna be hammered with fuel costs i would opt for a 335i as overall they are a far superior car.

Also if going for a diesel i would stretch to a 330d or a 335d, difference in tax/insurance in the UK isn't huge really.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Fuel cost wont be much of an issue between the two, especially not the the mileage we'll be putting on it.
The 330 and 335 are out of reach... Cars are bloody exepensive in Denmark, No really!!!

Example:
BMW 330d 3,0 Touring Steptr. 113.000km 2009 Kr 525.000 = £ 56.859,-

Last edited:

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Fuel cost wont be much of an issue between the two, especially not the the mileage we'll be putting on it.
The 330 and 335 are out of reach... Cars are bloody exepensive in Denmark, No really!!!

Ha try Ireland mate, my advice is drive both the 325i and the 335i and see what you think

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Ha try Ireland mate, my advice is drive both the 325i and the 335i and see what you think
Ireland dosent even come close ;)

In Danish, but the numbers speak for them selves - or waste time on google translate :p
FDM_web_568903a.jpg

Last edited:

georgie

FH is my second home
I wouldn't buy either tbh, some buggers put the steering wheel on the wrong side. :rolleyes:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, as a post that's clearly to influence you for the sake of it, i'd say go for the touring. It's basically all the coupe features, with more utility. Especially with a family and one of the larva whining for a dog at one point ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
All for a 2.5km commute?

Really?

Have to agree with Tom here. That's a fucking retarded amount of money to spunk on that.

Buy something much much much cheaper and spend the rest of your cash on having a better life. Like two more family holidays a year.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
/sigh
The car is not for the commute !
I'll just buy or borrow a cheaper bike ...or take the bus.

opticle

Part of the furniture
If you got the Touring then, as Toht says, you could get a dog. And we could help you choose the dog. :giggle:

Purely looks-wise and if you're bored and want something more fun, Coupe handsdown.

Practical-wise.. what practical considerations do you have or may you have in the near future ?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'd get the coupé.

Are those the only two cars of that ilk? The reason I ask is that they are SEs and the seats are frankly shit, especially since they're leather you will slide around like you're in a flume as soon as you want to have a bit more fun in a corner - trust me, I've owned an SE bimmer with leather.

If you can get your paws on an M Sport over an SE, do it.

M Sport seats (excuse the whore red):

bmw-3-series-320d-m-sport-highline-2dr-auto-4043701-4.jpg

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I love red seats, but I always wuss out and get black. BMW used to do a fantastic oxblood colour but I don't think you can get them anymore

old.user4556

I love red seats, but I always wuss out and get black. BMW used to do a fantastic oxblood colour but I don't think you can get them anymore

You know who else loves red and red seats?

Louie%20Spence.jpg

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I'd get the coupé.

Are those the only two cars of that ilk? The reason I ask is that they are SEs and the seats are frankly shit, especially since they're leather you will slide around like you're in a flume as soon as you want to have a bit more fun in a corner - trust me, I've owned an SE bimmer with leather.

If you can get your paws on an M Sport over an SE, do it.

M Sport seats (excuse the whore red):

The leather seats are optional, I can always ask him to get one without leather.
As for the M models, how ever much I'd love one they're simply waaay out of reach :( £60.000 ++ for a 2007 model.

My price range is around £ 25.000-30.000

old.user4556

No, not the M3, the "M Sport" trim level.

Generally, they go ES, SE, Sport and then M Sport (although I don't think there was a 3 coupe sport).

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Well just got home from the dealers, I'm gonna go with the Touring...that 177hp Diesel engine is simply awesome! - the leather seats didnt bother me.

The GF loved it and loved the aut. gear, and space in the car.. The dealers offer was more than generouse, so how can I refuse ?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Good car. Never been that keen on the looks, but there's no denying its probably the best in class estate. Apparently the new one is incredibly good.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Watch out for swirl flap issues on the diesel

Will do, although I trust the dealer, it comes as "MOT tested" and with a full Applus Second hand car Report.
and I know the owner in private, so if anything is wrong with thw car, I'm confidant we'll get it sorted out.

Cheers for all the replies and advice, it actually hepled quite alot.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Will do, although I trust the dealer, it comes as "MOT tested" and with a full Applus Second hand car Report.
and I know the owner in private, so if anything is wrong with thw car, I'm confidant we'll get it sorted out.

Cheers for all the replies and advice, it actually hepled quite alot.

I wouldn't be caught dead buying/selling with someone i knew tbh, especially selling :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Go for what the heart desires, f*ck other opinions. Cars can be emotional purchases for some and why not treat yourself.

My commute to work takes 7 minutes and I use a Toyota FJ. Bollocks to the fuel costs and tree huggers I can afford it! :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
A private deal, no!
But this after all is through a dealership...rules apply both ways..etc..
I have a 6 mounth full dealership garantie, I have 2 years limited garantie.
Look at it this way, I'm not buying it from him, I'm buying from a company he owns....

old.user4556

I have the new 184 bhp 2L diesel engine, such a torque monster. The 177 was also very impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom