Fun with funcom, age of gonads.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
rofl :clap:

the thread that follows that transcription is lol.
that one dude spouting that its quite normal for this to happen. :-s

Chronictank

FH is my second home
rofl! what a moron ><
seriously how could he not have seen this coming

Marc

FH is my second home
Hasnt this game died yet? Quite possibly the shittest MMORPG I have ever played.

Just shows that its not always about how much money you put into a game.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Hasnt this game died yet? Quite possibly the shittest MMORPG I have ever played.

Just shows that its not always about how much money you put into a game.

It'll probably die off completely next month with the WAR release, and even if that flops, people will play it until WotLK gets released.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It'll probably die off completely next month with the WAR release, and even if that flops, people will play it until WotLK gets released.

It either changes and turns for better or dies.

I have me collectors editions and bells and whistles, i enjoy the game, i find it fun to play, but decided it needs time to evolve a bit.

I don't plan on WAR, yet, as it looks TOO much like DAoC(from videos), almost exactly like DAoC actually, and i'd like something new in my MMO cerial.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
10k subscribers after a couple of months? its a bit sad really, but its surely going to die with WAR.

Helme

Resident Freddy
From a WAR beta tester: It's nothing like DAoC, which is imho really bad.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
10k subscribers after a couple of months? its a bit sad really, but its surely going to die with WAR.

EVE online, 30k max, still running strong.

It's not about 7 million subs...

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
WAR I want to play, most probably will. But I don't expect a DAoC2 or a WoW2. Expect a game actually based around Warhammer. If I like it, I'll play and upgrade for it. If I don't, I'll go back to FPSs.

pikeh

Resident Freddy

The rate in which AOC has declined it dramatic. Its a bad comparison imo.

/edit and I agree with OD. I dont want a DAoC2 or WoW2.

Helme

Resident Freddy

Eve was also made by a very small team located on Iceland, while Age of Conan was several millions more expensive to make, it's not really the same ball game, Age of Conan needs high subscriber numbers to earn back what they spent during the 6? years in development, Eve probably got back what they spent the first 2-3 months.

Note that I'm not saying Eve is a bad game, I like it infact - they had a good idea and a good core system and went with it.

Let's just put it in this perspective, when you were released about 4 months ago and your population is less than DAoC Europe you probably did something wrong.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
WAR is not like daoc, it is closer to WOW

It also sadly is not that good currently, so i doubt it will kill off AoC

AoC had alot of potential, and many of the ideas were very good unfortunately the implementation was not so good
There just is no hook in the game, i really didnt feel drawn into it

Helme

Resident Freddy
As I said, it'll most likely do a big dent on AoC and while people might not really like WAR enough to stick with it, chances are they'll play it until Wrath of the Lich King gets released, which if nothing will probably destroy AoC.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It either changes and turns for better or dies.

personally i hope they DO manage to turn it around and make that awesome game it (still, but not quite as much as at release) had the potential to be.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
As I said, it'll most likely do a big dent on AoC and while people might not really like WAR enough to stick with it, chances are they'll play it until Wrath of the Lich King gets released, which if nothing will probably destroy AoC.

Why would an add-on kill something?

If people want to play WoW, i think they'll play it already.

It's just an add-on.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

AoC will still have enough diehard fans to make it go around i think. the game still has some potential left in it. funcom "just" gotta make it happen.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

It's just an add-on.

yes but its a much NEEDED addon. most guilds worth the name have been and cleared pretty much every instance there is in WoW bar the 2 last ones that needs hardcore twink guilds. and have all the items they need, so they dont even need to farm instances anymore by now and are starting to get bored.

so all there is left to do is the pvp, and thats just >.<

/edit: ok hardcore twink guilds might be overreacting but they need alot more focus.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah but still...it's still wow, good and bad, it's still the same game.

Helme

Resident Freddy

It's just an add-on.

The reason most players are taking breaks from WoW now is not because it's a bad game, far from it - it's because they've done everything they can do, WotLK will add hundreds of hours of gameplay again bringing them all back. Sure there's the occasional "omg wow sucks" guy who quits with lots of drama, but the majority will be back and are just using WAR/AoC as temporary timewasters.

edit: to the above quote.

Why change something that works? more of the same is only bad if the old stuff was bad. Personally I really look forward to exploring Northrend, it looks really cool from the gameplay movies released, and while the list of added things might not be that intresting the overall experience is going to be good I reckon.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The reason most players are taking breaks from WoW now is not because it's a bad game, far from it - it's because they've done everything they can do, WotLK will add hundreds of hours of gameplay again bringing them all back. Sure there's the occasional "omg wow sucks" guy who quits with lots of drama, but the majority will be back and are just using WAR/AoC as temporary timewasters.

This is assuming, that most the players in AoC took a break from WoW to play AoC...isn't that a bit, presumptuous?

Why change something that works? more of the same is only bad if the old stuff was bad. Personally I really look forward to exploring Northrend, it looks really cool from the gameplay movies released, and while the list of added things might not be that intresting the overall experience is going to be good I reckon.

Not the point. The point is that WotLK won't bring NEW people who didn't like wow before into the game. Nor will it dramatically add new faces to MMOs.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
There are more than 10k subscribers in AoC. Latest numbers were something like a few hundred thousand. Sure the game is not complete yet, but it's beautiful and has potential and I've been enjoying every bit of it so far. I've just not rushed to 80, and i'm glad for that now. Instead i've lead a guild in working on our city, and recently we constructed our first battlekeep in the pvp areas. I understand that people who rushed to 80 in a week got disappointed though. I'm glad I rolled on the RP-PvE server too. Some great mature people there.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
There are more than 10k subscribers in AoC. Latest numbers were something like a few hundred thousand. Sure the game is not complete yet, but it's beautiful and has potential and I've been enjoying every bit of it so far. I've just not rushed to 80, and i'm glad for that now. Instead i've lead a guild in working on our city, and recently we constructed our first battlekeep in the pvp areas. I understand that people who rushed to 80 in a week got disappointed though. I'm glad I rolled on the RP-PvE server too. Some great mature people there.

yes maybe more than 10k lol, I got my source mixed up :>

Helme

Resident Freddy
This is assuming, that most the players in AoC took a break from WoW to play AoC...isn't that a bit, presumptuous?
Last month some Blizzard rep said that 40% of the people who left for Age of Conan was back in WoW, so it's not such a big stretch.

Not the point. The point is that WotLK won't bring NEW people who didn't like wow before into the game. Nor will it dramatically add new faces to MMOs.
Probably true, still it's not a terribly bad game to get into now, it takes very little effort to reach max level and it's all pretty fun - and you'll never really be content starved ala AoC.

edit: Well as an example, for AoC statistics - It has gone from 27000 hours played daily the 27th July on XFireto barely 9000 hours played daily the 14th of August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom