Fun to be a Troll Skald =)

E

Eyeinthedark

I coudnt resist went against all /advice recomendations and made Troll Skald, you have to take cool factor into account aswell =)

i am having loads of fun with it, and i doubt itl be as gimpy as they make it out to being rvr, or maybe i am wrong either way i am sticking with my BIG TROLL =)

cya in midgard /send Siamak if u wanna team with a lowbi or just need some cheering up, il tell u some battle storys of my ye old trollgrandpappys... =)

R

Repent Reloaded

troll skalds are alright, Supersonic seems to do well, they run out of mana pritty fast, myself i've tryed both, norse was better imo but trolls are fun.

C

~Clarky~

im a tr0ll skald on Prydwen , and ask my group , i do ok :D

going for 44sword/46bs/17parrah xD

A

Arnor

troll is the best class for skald, since you dont want quickness anywhoo, and youll have crappy stat-based defense too. I'd gone +str/con only on creation i fink

E

Eyeinthedark

Originally posted by Wonk
go for a kobbie :spin:

Troll > Kobbies =)

Big > Small

Cool Factor > Reason and Uberness

D

darkwalker

Originally posted by [AoP]Abra
im a tr0ll skald on Prydwen , and ask my group , i do ok :D

going for 44sword/46bs/17parrah xD

gimp, if u go sword take it to 50

K

kinag

Originally posted by Eyeinthedark
Troll > Kobbies =)

Big > Small

Cool Factor > Reason and Uberness

Looks & Cool Factor > Reason and Uberness ;)

E

Eyeinthedark

Since i am such a noob =) i am just training battle song so its about my lvl and put rest in axe, and use 2h Axe ,

I miss a lot though :/ ,

do you guys think i should invest in parry or anything else?

A

Aoami

don't invest in parry really...

But a small tip, untill you are about level 20 it's best to use a 1h axe and a shield, this will significantly decrease the amount of misses

E

Eyeinthedark

Aha ok how much shall invest in Shield? ,, and will i be able to reset that skill after lvl 20?

E

Eyeinthedark

Is Ragnarok the best Sword attack?

does Axe have any good attacks at high lvl?

D

Driwen

Aha ok how much shall invest in Shield? ,, and will i be able to reset that skill after lvl 20?

skalds can train in shield?:p As far as i know they can only wield one :p as untrainable. So uhm yes and no, if you had it yes but you dont so you wont be able to reset it:p.

Just go full bs and rest axe :) and when you are 40 you might want to think about how much bs you actually want:).

E

Eyeinthedark

Originally posted by driwen
skalds can train in shield?:p As far as i know they can only wield one :p as untrainable. So uhm yes and no, if you had it yes but you dont so you wont be able to reset it:p.

Just go full bs and rest axe :) and when you are 40 you might want to think about how much bs you actually want:).

roger :) , decided against 1h wep anyways since, they dont look cool ,, i want my troll to wield a Big axe =)

X

xajorkith

roger :) , decided against 1h wep anyways since, they dont look cool ,, i want my troll to wield a Big axe =)

The advantage of 1h + shield over 2h is that it gives you 37 (ish)imbue points extra at level 50.

C

~Clarky~

well , yeah rag is the best lvl 50 mid style , but when u compare it to the likes of dragonfang an annihilation, i cant help to see that Mid's are getting shafted somewhere.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Troll skalds are well cool. There's just something about a behemoth that can move at MACH 5 that scares the living bejesus out of enemies :D

S

Subbiz

only race skald should be is troll considering 1.61/62 changes

A

Arnor

Is Ragnarok the best Sword attack?

does Axe have any good attacks at high lvl?

yes, but they are mostly only good in 1v1's, in normal group v group rvr i like sword better with ragnarok.

ps: tiv show him a pic that proves that sword looks ubbr :>

E

Eyeinthedark

Originally posted by Arnor
yes, but they are mostly only good in 1v1's, in normal group v group rvr i like sword better with ragnarok.

ps: tiv show him a pic that proves that sword looks ubbr :>

I believe you big Swords look Uber, but right now i feel like big Axe suits Big troll better =) ,

still in 38 lvls from now i may feel diff :p

R

Rory4

Cool... another AO player. Do you still play or are you waiting for SL to come out?

I am reactivating my DAoC account so that I have a second MMORPG to play. That is... when the suscription pages are back up.

I used to have a bunch of Middies though of various different levels. I can't quite remember what classes or levels, it's been a while.

E

Eyeinthedark

Originally posted by Rory4
Cool... another AO player. Do you still play or are you waiting for SL to come out?

I am reactivating my DAoC account so that I have a second MMORPG to play. That is... when the suscription pages are back up.

I used to have a bunch of Middies though of various different levels. I can't quite remember what classes or levels, it's been a while.

no i dont really play anymore, i sold my own account a few months back, though i occasionally log on to my brothers account and hang with old friends,,

char was Siiamak on Rimor or rbk2, lvl 200 enf Neophyte,

I wont ever go back to ao : ) i ve played it to much and done everything there is to do there, a few new maps and items wont make the game more attractive, its a been there done that situation : ) since my char was so uber.

DaoC has a much less linear style gameplay it prob will keep me entertained a long time : )

R

Rory4

I still haven't finished with AO. I made every prof there is, except NT, and I'm still trying things out. But it does get tedious to continuously mission and hunting in AO is so difficult in comparison to DAoC (dynacamps <cough>). Plus I absolutely hate the mob AI in AO... one of the worst aspects of the game.

That's why I am restarting DAoC, which I overplayed before but have taken a long break from. I view DAoC as the opposite of AO in almost every way. Fantasy vs sci-fi, easy character development vs complicated development, PvP-based game vs PvE-based game, etc. There are certain aspects I don't like about DAoC that are better in AO, and vice-versa. I don't ever plan to PvP in AO (don't have the right gear for it and my current org has no towers), so I will get my head thumping tendancies out in DAoC instead.

What's the name of your skald? I can give you a buzz and offer help once I get resuscribed :)

B

behatch

troll skald,i have one myself,the reason i dont like him is,when u meet 1fgVs1fg the tanks tend to asist each other on the trolls first meaning u die first and get rp and stay RR1 forever:p

F

fragoverrule

troll skald myself really enjoying it using this char

Users who are viewing this thread