FUN FUN FUN - you gotta try this guys

zaonpt

Fledgling Freddie
Prelude:
Yesterday i got a MP from a guy that left daoc in months and prob got all chars deleted at that time, so he rolled a fighter to try a reaver.
He MP saying hi and asking for a litle help, which i gave him staight away, as i usualy do to any fellow countryman.
I had my heretic loged at that time, and i thought i could help him a bit with my buffs, spacially with damage shield.

The adventure started:
I have him some coins, so he could buy some armor and weapon, buffed him all the way. He was level 2 fighter at the time.
He tried to take a yellow which he done easely. So he tried not a orange but a red (LOOL) yeah he died quick....

Now the FUN starts:
i thought MR could be more usefull cuz he doesnt get RS.
Atfter 1,6 segunds after i remember...WAIT A SEC, WE CAN TRY SOMETHING ELSE...and i asked him to walk over all mobs around, (remember that in zombie u get uber resists)...
in that minute he dinged to level 3 lol
when that minute was over he got insta killed, ofcourse...
I remembered then that u dont loose exp till level 6, do i just had to keep rezing him when zombie was out...

Fun lasts more:
We done that for about 5 mins, and he got to level 5 faster then PLing with servant necro, truely unbeleaveble.
When he got level level 6 he went train reaver get new armor and he was back to that orange-mob camp.
I asked him if we could keep doing this, to check if exp gain VS deads-exp-penalties would be worth or not.
well i got him to level 10 in 10 mins so just do the math...yes it worth, if unbeliveble, its FUNNNNN and NOT_BORINGG!!!! we really cool

Conclusion:
I dont know in higher levels how good this tatics is, but two thinks i can tell you:
1) the more the marrier,
2) its very fun and not boring like some other PLs (including necros PL)

To be continued....
Hes prob gonna log tonight and try raising him even more, ill post here saying if its worth at higher levels or not.....

PS1: sorry for my (bad) spelling
PS2: if u see revpt geting death-spams ....well its us ;P

Long live the light of Camelot!

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Yep its great fun, and excellent XP even at high levels. As long as "the monster" doesn't go after mobs higher than orange/red con (more than this will resist too much) then you can take down *alot* of mobs without much damage.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
haha, good one

It was even worse before Mythic toned it down a little. You see at first whatever level you where you could do same damage as a 50lvl monster. That could result in killing low level mobs in 1-2 tics. Then they toned it down to do a damage more appropriate to the level of monster. But with the abosrb and that damage it should really be quite good as you saw :)

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
zaonpt said:
Prelude:
Yesterday i got a MP from a guy that left daoc in months and prob got all chars deleted at that time, so he rolled a fighter to try a reaver.
He MP saying hi and asking for a litle help, which i gave him staight away, as i usualy do to any fellow countryman.
I had my heretic loged at that time, and i thought i could help him a bit with my buffs, spacially with damage shield.

The adventure started:
I have him some coins, so he could buy some armor and weapon, buffed him all the way. He was level 2 fighter at the time.
He tried to take a yellow which he done easely. So he tried not a orange but a red (LOOL) yeah he died quick....

Now the FUN starts:
i thought MR could be more usefull cuz he doesnt get RS.
Atfter 1,6 segunds after i remember...WAIT A SEC, WE CAN TRY SOMETHING ELSE...and i asked him to walk over all mobs around, (remember that in zombie u get uber resists)...
in that minute he dinged to level 3 lol
when that minute was over he got insta killed, ofcourse...
I remembered then that u dont loose exp till level 6, do i just had to keep rezing him when zombie was out...

Fun lasts more:
We done that for about 5 mins, and he got to level 5 faster then PLing with servant necro, truely unbeleaveble.
When he got level level 6 he went train reaver get new armor and he was back to that orange-mob camp.
I asked him if we could keep doing this, to check if exp gain VS deads-exp-penalties would be worth or not.
well i got him to level 10 in 10 mins so just do the math...yes it worth, if unbeliveble, its FUNNNNN and NOT_BORINGG!!!! we really cool

Conclusion:
I dont know in higher levels how good this tatics is, but two thinks i can tell you:
1) the more the marrier,
2) its very fun and not boring like some other PLs (including necros PL)

To be continued....
Hes prob gonna log tonight and try raising him even more, ill post here saying if its worth at higher levels or not.....

PS1: sorry for my (bad) spelling
PS2: if u see revpt geting death-spams ....well its us ;P

Long live the light of Camelot!

I dinged 50 using this mechanism but I wasnt the Monster :) we used an alternative way.

I was getting around 10% of a bub each pull which is small compared Hibs and Mids I guess but fun nonetheless.

Was also getting around 30-50gold per pull...took about 3-4 hours to go from 49.5 to 50, I couldnt be arsed to do the final quests as this was faster and more fun.

Oh btw, make sure the monster uses very cheap armour as it gets destroyed very very quickly, The person in our grp that was being MR'd was losing 1%con per 4-5 pulls.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
The person in our grp that was being MR'd was losing 1%con per 4-5 pulls.

/makes mental note not to accept monster res in rvr.

zaonpt

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
/makes mental note not to accept monster res in rvr.

maybe u didnt understand eggy...this is the same prob necros have, cuz they get hit LOTS of times per pull, in rvr enemies dont melee u, they run or, stun-nuke-times-100 or they die

in rvr u dont have that prob

MR doesnt give RS and u get full power, i find it very usefull for rvr

York

Fledgling Freddie
I have tried this out on a:

lvl 1-15
lvl 30
lvl 49

As from above PLin with monster rez from 1to10 is super fast however once you start getting into the higher levels it naturally takes longer to level up, this results in having to die alot more frequently.
Once you hit that point you are generally losing more xp than your gaining but it is viable if they have just dinged till you hit that point where the xp loss is more than the gain.

By that i mean (and im sure alot know this) death 1 in new level gives less xp loss than say death 20 in same level at which point the xp loss has increased dramatically.

The other problem is finding enough mobs in the same small area to keep monster rezing and keeping the xp gain above the xp loss.

While levels 1-15 were quick and i too thought mythic had missed something when we tried again at lvl 30 we couldnt even get to 31 before the xp bar started going down.
At 49 i would expect the same problem but x10.

For first half of the level i would say go for it, after that go back to the normal way till the next level.

Moonshae

Fledgling Freddie
You could also get some of the quest items and rog drops in cata's to reduce xp loss. :clap:

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
hmm i wonder if spell duration from the tic rezzing makes the monster stay longer.

or that the person being rezzed with more spell duration stays longer.

does spell duration actually effect monster rezz at all?

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
I think we have finally found the true call of the armsmen.
Get em properly outfitted in a nice plate suit and let em rush a camp as
a monster and kill tons of gobbos or whatever you might find.
(are some good SI camps out there as well)
Also make sure you give all defensive base and spec buffs to the monster.
(ie. base con, af and dex, spec af, str/con and dex)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Btw, everyone that can get Wild Power get at least at level 1.
Why? Cause the spell damage from monster rezz can crit! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom