News Fuel Strike?

taB

Part of the furniture
Not seen anything on the news but 4 garages near us have no diesel.

Anyone heard anything about this?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Not seen anything on the news but 4 garages near us have no diesel.

Anyone heard anything about this?

Would imagine people are filling up before the price goes back up again which it will do shortly. Can't see there being a fuel strike as the prices are the lowest they have been for some time.

taB

Part of the furniture
Makes sense. pfft there goes my sensational scoop :p

rynnor

Rockhound
Would imagine people are filling up before the price goes back up again which it will do shortly.

Why do you think it will go up? If anything looks like it will continue falling - brent crude prices are falling and the pound is getting stronger against the dollar again?

Trem

Why do you think it will go up? If anything looks like it will continue falling - brent crude prices are falling and the pound is getting stronger against the dollar again?

They are quite soon apparently going to cut production by a million barrels a day.

rynnor

Rockhound
They are quite soon apparently going to cut production by a million barrels a day.

It will be interesting to see if this causes a rise or just slows down the collapse - the fact remains that the bottom has dropped out of the market in terms of demand and theres not an awfull lot they can do about it.

Russia are so desperate to maintain their oil revenue they may well just backfill any cuts by OPEC.

Trem

Russia are so desperate to maintain their oil revenue they may well just backfill any cuts by OPEC.

I hope so.

Its the one good thing that if manufacturing does slow down then the need for oil should drop then the prices should also drop. I am expecting the opposite effect though, they move the goalposts all the time.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The shops wont drop their price, its like tax, it always goes up but very very rarely goes down.

Anyway, it seems OPEC are worried they will lose out so are going to strangle supply again to force the prices back up.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Today's lesson is all about the letter C in OPEC. It means cartel. Cartels are illegal in the civilised world.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
The shops wont drop their price, its like tax, it always goes up but very very rarely goes down.

lies. prices here have dropped quite a bit. about 20eurocents even. I do admit I was surprised though o0

nath

Fledgling Freddie
My local petrol station (Total I think) is down to 98.9p/litre which is a mahoooosive drop from what it was only a few weeks ago.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
With the 5p/l off voucher from Sainsburys I filled up today for 91.9p a litre today. Miracle.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
94.9p per litre where I am from an all time high of about 117p per litre.

I'd say that was down.

Starman

Part of the furniture
Aye most of my locals are also Unleaded: 94.9p Diesel: 106.9p per Litre

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
who fucking needs a car, get the bus/train/bicycle

gas guzzlers are bad munkey and make baby Jebus cry

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Me sadly,

I need my car. I work 15 miles from where i live with no public transport within miles of it.

+ from time to time i need to go off site and fix hardware stuffs.

But yes Generally alot of people dont need a car.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
who fucking needs a car, get the bus/train/bicycle

gas guzzlers are bad munkey and make baby Jebus cry

I need a car you muppet. Its impossible to do my job without one. And your idiotic comment about 'gas guzzlers' - well lets just say that you don't have a clue, eh?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why do people always equate "need car" with "to get to work"?

How about "I need a car if I want to go on holiday in the UK because I'm not prepared to do 11 hours on the national express from Bradford to Newquay"... or somesuch...

Getting to work is the least important use of a car IMHO. And aside from that I'd find it immensely difficult to live without one.

old.user4556

I could live without a car, but I don't because it's one of the few things left in this world that bring me absolute pleasure as I tear around the B roads of bonnie skirtland in the crisp cold air, so take this public transport self righteous shite and ram it up your arse

old.user4556

Whilst we're on the subject of skirtland, I took this the other day. I love this country at times, I really fucking do.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
That's a spectacular view, where abouts in Scotland is it?

edit: Plus have you got a higher res available? I can see that being my desktop background.

old.user4556

Yeah nath, PM an email address or get me on MSN. It's taken from the Bathgate hills just south of Linlithgow looking towards the Forth Valley (that's the Wallace Monument you can see centre right). The hills are Ben Vorlich and Ben Ledi.

old.user4556

Also got this one nath (sorry this is off topic, last one).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
so take this public transport self righteous shite and ram it up your arse

What's self righteous about it? I did that 11 hour bus journey with my ex because my car was nicked the day we were due to go on holiday.

It fucking sucked :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom