Food Fucking foreigners!

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
foodhater said:
A typical Heinz can consists of 50% beans, 25% tomato, 25% sugar and water.

about Heinz

For this guy to know Heinz is originally an american brand founded in Pennsylvania, and they found out to produce ketchup from an original asian recipe... anyways, you all said well, UK food could be not 1st on a world ranking for some people, but is far from being that "terrible" the thing is my half english cousin always invited us to try a kind of tomato pudding that was faboulous Which I will never forget, as well as when i was in the UK their Bacon was (and is) ace, ofc u can always choose the wrong restaurant...

I'm not from the UK and I can say UK Food is very nice if you know it on a wide range, ofc everyone can rather preffer greek, spanish, japanese or new zealander food, that's about likes and dislikes :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
omg rofl Parmo haha...sweetie only northerners eat those, if a southener tried to it would kill them.

haha in my mind you're all from "Britain" and all eat the same stuff if eating traditional foods :)

the stuff the two fat ladies, and that chef make is all lies!

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Mmm, toad in the hole

1231_MEDIUM.jpg

Ezteq

Queen of OT
omg toad in the hole! aww my neighbours made some and I went there for dinner ages ago and their dog nicked me toad...good times.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If cooked properly with a good bit of fillet beef, the best meal on the planet. Beef Wellington. I went to a wedding at Wellington college last year and the best I have had was served there, delicious.

2538_MEDIUM.jpg

Marc

FH is my second home
Give me an old fashioned, english greasy spoon cafe, over some lah di dah, fancy restaurant any day of the week.

Food is food. It gives you energy. Thats all im bothered about.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
if cooked properly with a good bit of fillet beef, the best meal on the planet. Beef wellington. I went to a wedding at wellington college last year and the best i have had was served there, delicious.

2538_medium.jpg

agree x100000

Marc

FH is my second home
I went to a top spanish restaurant once with my father, one that is michelin stared etc and for starter they served me a bowl of water with an almond in it. What...the...fuck. Needless to say, i hit the ramblas later for some proper food.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Let's see;

You have fish and chips(which is a perfect combo) and you have jelly babies.

Hmm, f*ck off france :p

You may not have the best cuisine in the world, but your candies are top of the line.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I think the problem with British food isn't the food or dishes themselves, it's jsut finding somewhere that does them well. The default level of quality is not the greatest.

Random example. On hols a couple of months ago in Germany, I played the game I guess alot of peeps do - order the same meal repeatedly alot of times and see which is the best. So I went mad on schitzel. Nearly all of it was great, well cooked, nice sauce, huge portions, whatever. Now, try the same trick in the UK with fish n chips. Great fish n chips is food of the gods, but you will be in for a world of pain and disappointment - half cooked chips, shitty breadcrumbed fish(?!)cakes, soggy fish swimming in veg oil, tinned garden peas, etc etc.

Otherthing, I have shared housing with many many different nationalities over the years now and while the foriegners may or may not cook or spend alot of time in the kitchen, the brits are always the same - meal, microwave, tray, room, tv. For better or worse, en mass brits are just less bothered about what they eat.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I went to a top spanish restaurant once with my father, one that is michelin stared etc and for starter they served me a bowl of water with an almond in it. What...the...fuck. Needless to say, i hit the ramblas later for some proper food.

lmao! Deconstructed cuisine :lol:

I went to a restaurant once where they served me a thick paste of raw eggs with some chips. "Modern omelette" they said. The mix was so disgusting I almost threw up and had to have our desserts in a McDs in the form of a BigMac+McFlurry. Go figure.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie

sometimes going to old traditional food areas is quite better, in Asturias for instance, you can have a great meal in the old villages far from the capital city, but also you can find pretty good ones downtown in the city, like on "sidrerías", don't hesitate to try "fabes" or sausages with cider, aswell as cow steaks, boar or deer meat, delicious cuisine from North Spain, also great food in other areas i must say, like in Murcia, southeast of Spain, about the famous meat pie, kinda delicious.

pastel2.jpg

Meat Pie with olives and southeastern spanish beer

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

congratulations on being a manifestation of almost everything that is wrong with this country :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Best greasy spoon anywhere (IMO) is Pete's Eats in Llanberis.
Petes Eats

Good food and lots of it. Their idea of a chip butty is a dinner plater, a slice of buttered bread, a kilo of chips on top, half a kilo of cheese and another slice of buttered bread. Ok maybe I exaggerated the amounts a little (but only a little), but you get the idea.

Whilst I disagree with your assessment that volume makes for a good meal - I'll be in Llanberis sometime in the next month or so so I'll check it out. :)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
omg rofl Parmo haha...sweetie only northerners eat those, if a southener tried to it would kill them.

That's it! Thanks dear, i was going nuts trying to remember! :D All i remembered was something disgusting looking that some people here on the forum liked to devour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom