Fucking bats!

Everz

FH is my second home
We got an air vent in the gfs room that has a small opening on the outside, this has in the past scared us shitless as numerous birds have made it home and settled there to wake us up early in the morning. However.. this has taken a turn for the insane as now it seems a bat has taken residence up there (I'm guessing as the fucker keeps screeching), when your sleeping the last thing you want to hear is a bloody screech. Worse then the fighting cats that sound like a crying baby.

Sleep has truly been ruined.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Stick this figurine up there;

dx%20joker02.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
this has in the past scared us shitless as numerous birds have made it home and settled there to wake us up early in the morning.

So, you've had a problem for a while but are too lazy to get some ladders and put a fine wire mesh over the front of the hole?

Do so. Preferably when the bat is out. If not, carefully remove the bat to the outside then proceed with your basic-wire-mesh-repair-action.

You lazy git :)

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
If you're in the UK, then ALL bats are a protected species....just FYI. If you're really struggling, call the RSPCA or local wildlife trust, they can come and deal with it for you no problem.

Everz

FH is my second home
So, you've had a problem for a while but are too lazy to get some ladders and put a fine wire mesh over the front of the hole?

Do so. Preferably when the bat is out. If not, carefully remove the bat to the outside then proceed with your basic-wire-mesh-repair-action.

You lazy git :)

Not my house, is her rents. :D

ileks

Part of the furniture
If not, carefully remove the bat to the outside then proceed with your basic-wire-mesh-repair-action.

How do you carefully remove a bat :p Fuck that. I'd fall off the ladder if it got anywhere near me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you're in the UK, then ALL bats are a protected species....

Yeah. My GF and her best mate both have their bat licences, but tbfh I can't see natural england rocking up to your house and saying "we read on Freddyshouse that you may have illegally handled a pippistrelle"...

How do you carefully remove a bat :p Fuck that. I'd fall off the ladder if it got anywhere near me.

You fag :)

Although, wear gloves tbfh. There's an *outside* chance of rabies...

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
I was saying that more along the lines of....'please don't kill it, as they are a protected species and therefore not many of them,' rather than you'd get done for handling it. If you do decide to do it yourself, as Scouse says, wear gloves.....they can nip pretty hard.....

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Bats are pretty much harmless. But yes, they're protected so the best bet is to call the RSPCA and they'll get someone or direct you to someone who'll remove it and rehome it properly.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My mums cat caught one, well it was probably already dead tbh. I am not sure how a cat would go about catching a bat really. He caught a sausage roll once too.

Loads of them around where I live, I think they roost in the church. Nice to see them flying about the pub garden.

rynnor

Rockhound
I picked one up from my back garden when I was a kid - must have been sick to be laying around in daylight but when I held him up to a gap behind the shed he quickly clambered a bit higher into the darkness. Didn't bite me - have handled others subsequently but these were semi tame rescued ones - quite cute really...

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
My mums cat caught one, well it was probably already dead tbh. I am not sure how a cat would go about catching a bat really. He caught a sausage roll once too.

Loads of them around where I live, I think they roost in the church. Nice to see them flying about the pub garden.

Sausage rolls roost in you local church...?, thats bat shit crazy!

*see what i did there*

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter

have you ever seen a cat catch a bird mid flight? I can well believe a cat catching a bat after seeing one of mine jump from the top of a neighbours greenhouse, catch a sparrow flying through the air about 10 foot up roll through the air with the bird then land on its feet with the poor sparrow in its mouth.

It was awesome and also quite scary.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Cats rule.

Especially mine. She's 25 now.

Although I think there's only a slim chance that she'll see out the week :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom