EILITDC Fuck off you whiny arsehole

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This sort of stuff needs to die in a ditch right now:

Firms urged to crack down on office football chat

Ann Francke, head of the Chartered Management Institute, said sports chat can exclude women and lead to more laddish behaviour.

"A lot of women, in particular, feel left out,"

Head of the Chartered Management Institute?

She's obviously never managed anyone in her fucking life if she's talking about this.

Die in a ditch you wizened old hag. :eek:

Personally - football banter is a great way of breaking into conversation with a significant proportion of your workforce because it's talking about what people love. I also talk about people's interests that aren't football and (god forbid) ask about people's kids (even though I've zero actual interest I'm genuinely interested in people I work with's lives - and if you're not, then you're no sort of manager).

She's done the instute no favours with this - but on a wider perspective, I'm seriously concerned that people are actually considering this sort of guidance. What kind of world are we living in where this shit actually enters people's minds?

Fuck corporate governance.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I just read this article and was amazed that anyone thought it was a good idea.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If it was some bloke admonishing women for talking about their kids or fucking Love Island morning noon and night, Twitter would have melted by now.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The endless drive for Academics to deconstruct the human condition.

Though it is out of hand in Liverpool...its quite simply the single topic of conversation.

DaGaffer

Though it is out of hand in Liverpool...its quite simply the single topic of conversation.

Looking at her LinkedIn profile she’s not an academic; she’s originally a marketeer. She’s also American (I think, certainly all her education was over there, but she has an OBE...), which might explain her animosity to football talk...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not just anyone though. The head of the chartered management institute.

What a twat eh?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
fucking big facepalm for you.

She's not an "academic" and isn't from a university. The CMI is a private company.

You really need to start using your noggin more Job.

Job

Jesus.
It was a reasonable call as head of a chartere...well she probably thinks shes an academic anyway.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Jesus.
It was a reasonable call as head of a chartere...well she probably thinks shes an academic anyway.

That's the whole problem with everything you post. You just make stuff up in your head without finding any real facts

Job

Ann holds several Board positions and five Honorary Doctorates for her work in management and leadership

So exactly as I posted, she thinks shes an academic...and some people agree.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
No honerary doctorate does not equal academic.....
Chartered also does not equal academic either idiot

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
I remember years ago getting told off when I said that the females in the office could talk about dicks if they wanted to and the guys wouldn't mind.

But really wtf?

Job

Im afraid it does, she could call herself Dr Franke...but chooses not to because , well its not the done thing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ann holds several Board positions and five Honorary Doctorates for her work in management and leadership
No.

An honourary doctorate means she's never been to university. Meryl Streep, Arethla Franklin and Nelson Mandela had honourary doctorates. They've not studied fucking anything.

Stop being a cunt. She's not even close to academia. You're wrong.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I remember years ago getting told off when I said that the females in the office could talk about dicks if they wanted to and the guys wouldn't mind.
Some whiny small-dicked guys would mind ;)

But really - football? If you're not into it you're not into it. Big deal.

I guess I can't talk about mountain biking in the office with other mountain bikers.... er... wait. There's just me. :(

Well, I fucking talk about it anyway. And EVERYBODY feels left out. OK? :eek:

Yoni

I work in a female dominated environment - they talk sports as well as knitting and kittens :/

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Some whiny small-dicked guys would mind ;)

But really - football? If you're not into it you're not into it. Big deal.

I guess I can't talk about mountain biking in the office with other mountain bikers.... er... wait. There's just me. :(

Well, I fucking talk about it anyway. And EVERYBODY feels left out. OK? :eek:

I used to have to put up with hours of child talk every morning with Monday mornings and Friday afternoons being the worst. Having to hear how child X had the shits yet again and that child Y puked non-stop and kept her up again or how they don't have any real time off this weekend cos child activities and woe is me etc. Surely that's as bad?

It's a shame that as we move into spring and then summer that there is still an abundance of snowflakes in the area.

DaGaffer

No.

An honourary doctorate means she's never been to university. Meryl Streep, Arethla Franklin and Nelson Mandela had honourary doctorates. They've not studied fucking anything.

Stop being a cunt. She's not even close to academia. You're wrong.

Oh she's definitely been to university; she went to Stanford (LinkedIn again) but she has a bunch of honorary doctorates, but Jeremy Clarkson has one of those so big whoop.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh she's definitely been to university; she went to Stanford (LinkedIn again) but she has a bunch of honorary doctorates, but Jeremy Clarkson has one of those so big whoop.
Still. Not remotely and "academic".

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Why do we need to even assign random labels to people when they say certain things?

Why would her being an academic make her want to suggest ridiculous things?

Speaking of which, a teacher in my school has a life size cut out of Dwayne Johnson that she swoons over every day.

I'm going to get a cut out of Mia Khalifa, I hear she's a good actress and is a good example of a muslim adopting western values.

Embattle

FH is my second home
You lot really like arguing over nothing, what she said is stupid as far as I'm concerned.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair - it was a thread full of agree until wanker turned up with his anti-intellectual bollocks.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm not saying @Job is a clever trevor but do some of you lot know just how much like him you seem when all you do is swear or name call in your replies?

Elevate yourselves and walk past the bait

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm not saying @Job is a clever trevor but do some of you lot know just how much like him you seem when all you do is swear or name call in your replies?

Elevate yourselves and walk past the bait

I've said the same a numbers of times, so far it has obviously failed :p

Yoni

It is too much to walk by - remember “the triumph of evil.....

I am at that point - you may believe it is ok to post content like he does, but I do not and as far as I was aware we are still permitted to speak freely on these forums :). If not please change the rules so it is clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom