Fuck me!

C

cenobite

I just played the first game of QW on DM3 in ages. Just a 3on3 and couldnt remember any of my binds really.

But cunting hell was it alot more fun that any other team game? DAMN RIGHT IT WAS!!

Gah.

Anyway because of this time to do some work on Kteam2.2 for FFA and maybe do some changes to the Team mod too.

Suggestion?

O

old.DaNig

Of course it's more fun than anything else :eek:

I can only think of a couple of minor things with the FFA mod; nothing springs to mind with the team mod.

1. There was the problem where peeps "overflowed" when tryin to join the FFA server. I dunno if you've fixed it since then, but at the time I switched from QW ver 2.33-0005 to 2.30 and that solved it for me. I did read on a post somewhere by Hangtime I think that another solution was to slit up your autoexec with "wait" commands.

2. Also u used to be able to type "commands" on the FFA server to bring up a few options, one of which was the "vote" command (neither of which work now), which came in handy sometimes to change maps if there were a small number of peeps on the server and they were bitchin about the current map.

Keep playin QW :cool:
Nig

H

HangTime

glad to see development of this essential mod hasnt been abandoned. Heres a few things i would like to see in future versions:

-stuffing "cl_speed -1" to client on connect. This crashes the gotwalls aimbot client - im sure u spend less time coding this than u would kicking ppl on the FFA server :)

-with the "randompickup" cmd in kt2.2 i noticed an infrequent bug where if u readyup b4 teams are randomised then ure forceskin settings get b0rked and u run around shooting teammates :)

-there is a bug in qw where if u follow some1 *very* close behind thru a teleport, u get telefragged and they dont, even tho u went thru 2nd. the most common place to observe this is the low YA tele on dm2. I dunno if its possible to fix this with kteams or not... but it is very annoying.

-in teamgames floodprot REALLY pisses me off. i can understand the need to stop spamming, but would it be possible to disable it on say_team msgs? theres nothing more annoying than getting "you cant talk for 8 more seconds" when ure desperately trying to spam "NME PENT" as ure teammates suicidally jump out the window :) tbh disabling floodprotrot totally would b fine provided forcekick and admin election is enabled on the server, to get rid off ne spam abusers.

-a minor bug i have occaisionally noticed is that incorrect deathmsgs can be given when some1 is killed by 2 ppl simulataniously. eg ive got "X rides HangTime's rocket" if i sg some1 the same time they are hit by some1elses rocket, even tho i havent got an rl :)

-an option to disable the auto-kicks for uptime/timedemo bugs would b welcome (pls forgive me if this is present and i have overlooked it)

-forcekick would b much easier to use if one could kick by userid rather than having to cycle thru players with impulses. especially as i dont have impulse 1/2/3 bound exclusively :) entering admin codes as a simple string would again be much quicker than a bunch of impulses. again, i dont know if these types of thing are feasible to code but i can only hope :)

theres prolly a lot more niggling things ive forgotten but this should do for now :) u can find me in #denial on quakenet (or prolly idling in #barrysworld ;) ) if u want to discuss ne of these points further...

C

cenobite

OOK big messages stuff so I will attempt to merge both posts into one Bifter reply :

Firstly, When i get some time i plan on updating both mods. Basically with any bug fixes and any small additions. I do not want to spend weeks working on this for the pleasure of a small minority. I have already spent months on it and dont plan on continuing along this line. HOWEVER i am willing to listen to any suggestions in mails to cenobite@barrysworld.com or catch me in #barrysworld as ceno.

FFA Mod : Yeh overflowing was a problem. Because of this it was removed from the Server and hence back to normal FFA. No bunny hop fixes etc.. eughhh

rpickup : caused by cunts readying :eek: USER ERROR ALERT

Teleport Bug : Depends which kt version you play. The code was changed from 2.1 to 2.2.

I cannot disable floodport for messages. Unless someone (me???) does a minor fix to qwsv. :eek: <-- ideal situation

Incorrect death messages : AH you newschool quaker you ;0 Its always been a bug. It depends what weapon you are holding when the person dies not what weapon you are using to kill the person.

Autokick options : Good idea will put in.

forcekick : well all the impulses are numbers. SO if you want to do "impulse 3" then just type 3. SO if Admin is 345678 just type 3 [enter] 4 [enter] etc..

pah you should be finding me not other way about ;0

H

HangTime

"Incorrect death messages : AH you newschool quaker you ;0 Its always been a bug. It depends what weapon you are holding when the person dies not what weapon you are using to kill the person."

haha. CENO U R A NEWBIE :p the death message bug u refer to was solved EONS ago, that used to happen sure if u shot a rocket and switched to axe or wotever it would say u axe murdered them... but this is NOT what i am refering to at all :p if this was still a problem we would observe it all the time with axe/sg script users etc. I am refering to kinda like the opposite... u hit them with shotgun the same time (presuambly server tic?) as a projectile from elsewhere does, and it credits u with a projectile kill (even if u dont have that weapon).

as far as the floodprot thing goes I know I^2|Slop's mod (a variant of kteams mebbe im not sure) has it disabled, so presumably he has also issued a modded qwsv. this mod runs on some german servers like 195.185.185.51.

O

old.meag

sv_user.c, line 750, sv_say function, change to read:
"if (fp_messages && (! team) ) {"

so it only does the floodprotection testing if team = false (ie say)

which is fairly quick and easy.

C

cenobite

So all this begs the question.

Do we want a modified QWSV on BW?

O

old.meag

Depends how much you modify it really. The above isn't really going to hurt anyone (that i can see, idiots can be remarkably intelligent sometimes) but other things would be more 'iffy', like fixing physics etc.

you could always have the server just being 'added to' and have any code additions made optional by checking serverinfo, defaulted to off : then your kteams mod would be able to toggle them all through commands...

O

old.Face

The Timing issues with later versions of Windows 95 and Windows 98 that would cause clients to mistime their frame times and result in a player that could run faster/slower on a server. As it is now the server only kick a player before the game starts if he use the Timing issues, why not after the game has startet. Can you fix that?.

O

old.Strider

The teleporter change really fucks up DM4 duels, like when you go thru the tele from RA, if you get hit by a rocket real quick then you get STUCK in the air and of course you die cos the cunt up top just spams you.

Same happens on the tele to top of SSG room, go thru get hit by rocket, into air and you just stay there.

Can you change it back to the way it was? Maybe it'll fix HT's 2 ppl go thru 2nd person gets telefragged bug?

Not that I play much DM4 anymore but some do and I know this bug really pisses 'em off :)

Also, another bug I've noticed is when the game is in play, and someone tries to connect, they don't get kicked quickly enough, this is REALLY annoying, perfect solution would be that we didn't even know they was trying to connect, no messages about em, no -D thingy being said, no skin notifaction etc.

My guess is that they are getting those aliases stuffed to them and that takes forever cos of the new stuffing code to fix the PL when using qizmo bug.

Can you make it send even less aliases cos the PL bug still exists, I mean it don't matter how long it takes for the client to get em as long as it don't cause any problems.

So to sum up, kick people very quickly when a game is in play, only allow the alias stuffing if a client gets FULLY into the game (ie, they pass the kick detection) and make the alias stuffing take longer by sending a smaller amount each time.

Cheers!

C

cenobite

The uptime bug is actually capable of kicking people at any time and I myself have seen this happen in game.

I am willing to add to QWSV but as with kteam, any changes will only be bugfixes or increased functionality. I will NOT mess with the way the game plays unless i think it is a clear bug in ID's code, like bunny hop fix.

C

cenobite

The teleporter fix was actually to change the problem whereby second person would get telefragged :)

So going back to old way would not fix it.

Ill look at all the other stuff (some time)

H

HangTime

"I cannot disable floodport for messages. Unless someone (me???) does a minor fix to qwsv. <-- ideal situation"

u can control floodprot using the standard qwsv server command "floodprot":

floodprot [# # #]
DEFAULT: 4 8 10 floodprot 5 5 15
Controls how many messages players can broadcast to other players in a certain ammount of time until the server mutes them temporarly. The meaning of the numbers is <# of messages> <per # seconds> <causes them to be scilenced for # seconds>.

on tp servers i feel a more lenient threshold would b good as spamming is rarely an issue, and is much less annoying than being unable to communicate with teammates.

O

old.ripe-prom

all ping and no hair makes ht a transvestite milkman

H

HangTime

as u well know i have no shortage of hair. shame, i was looking forward to delivering u an extra creamy pint.

Users who are viewing this thread